Christmas Crusaders make a stand for Christmas... online

So did anyone put up their HOLIDAY tree? Or HOLIDAY lights? Or HOLIDAY Santa?

Happy HOLIDAYS everyone.

:eusa_whistle:

Christians are only standinf firm in their belif that in America freedom or religion is still a real freedom, and there is no such thing as freedom from religion.
This makes no sense to me. Freedom of religion means freedom to worship as you wish or participate in religious observations/services/prayers etc without government interference. But inherent in that is freedom NOT to worship or participate in religious observations/services/prayers etc that you don't wish to.

For example, would you really consider it freedom of religion if the government mandated church attendence but without specifying any particular church? You're free to go to whatever church you want as long as you go to church. Is that really freedom of religion?

If it's required for you to listen to prayers or services of someone else's religion, I don't consider that freedom of religion, but compulsory religion.

And furthermore, freedom of religion is an INDIVIDUAL right, not a group right. A majority group does not have the extra right of government support simply because they have numbers. If a Christian has a right to put up a Nativity display on government property, then anyone else of any other religion should have the equal right to put up a display of their own religion, or they do not have the same "freedom" as the Christian.

You want to celebrate Jesus? Sit your ass in a church pew, preferably around midnight.

You're pretty confused if you're looking for Jesus in a department store...

What are you talking about? I take Him into the department store with me. Oh, and I also meet with others in the church as we gather to thank Him for His mercy.

Christians are only standing firm in their belief that in America freedom of religion is still a real freedom, and there is no such thing as freedom from religion.

This makes no sense to me. Freedom of religion means freedom to worship as you wish or participate in religious observations/services/prayers etc without government interference. But inherent in that is freedom NOT to worship or participate in religious observations/services/prayers etc that you don't wish to.

So, since when do others get to define what religion is to me? (Of course, I am not seriously connected to a religion, my relationship with God goes beyond that. So, when you see a TV commercial about a new medication, are you obligated to go out and buy it?
No. When you see some religious activicity, you don't have to participate in that either.

For example, would you really consider it freedom of religion if the government mandated church attendence but without specifying any particular church? You're free to go to whatever church you want as long as you go to church. Is that really freedom of religion?

What are you talking about? You don't haver to go to church, or watch it on TV, or anywhere else. Nor do I have to go to a RAP concert if I don';t weant to. However, sometimes at a red light IO do have to tolerate a loud radio next to me with filthy RAP in it. I just move on.

If it's required for you to listen to prayers or services of someone else's religion, I don't consider that freedom of religion, but compulsory religion.

There are a lot of things that we are often required to be in the presence of, which we disagree with, but we just tune it out, or move on after it is over. I listen to a lot of very wrong "Tolerance" stuff in diversity training, but so much of it is PC trash that I just get through the training and move on. Not a problem.

And furthermore, freedom of religion is an INDIVIDUAL right, not a group right. A majority group does not have the extra right of government support simply because they have numbers. If a Christian has a right to put up a Nativity display on government property, then anyone else of any other religion should have the equal right to put up a display of their own religion, or they do not have the same "freedom" as the Christian.

I suppose you really don't pay attention. You are correct, anyonw can do place a religious display if one group can. It is when, and only when one group cannot while others can that it is wrong.

What kind of stupid fucking bullshit is this? Some idiot created a website to defend a fantasy version of Christmas so people can bitch about stores that don't promote that fantasy? Rotfl!

I completely agree. Anyone should have a right to display religious symbols on government property. After all, how government allow the free exercise of religion when it refuses to let you practice it in public? it makes no sense.

Forum List

Back