Christmas Cookies.....OWS style.

The Professor:

Somehow I figured you'd be condecending with that name. I just figured you might be smart too. It is boorish when the first is present without the second. This must have come as quite a shock as you were reading it in .94 seconds.

I suggest you practice what you preach. Hypocracy is what it is.

I suggest that when you have run out of things to say, you say nothing. Or, as Mark Twain once put it, it is better to be silent and have people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

I suggest that when you have run out of things to say, you say nothing. Or, as Mark Twain once put it, it is better to be silent and have people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Me run out of things to tell people like you? Not happening.

The media seems to have moved on from the OWS gang. Winter in NYC seems to be an occupy breaker.

A SPECIAL MESSAGE TO skookerasbil:

I was going to give you the last word, but I am not ready to let you off the hook. Your rude and insulting comments will not go unchallenged.

You ridiculed my claim that I could read at 3,000 words a minute. That tells me something about you. It tells me that you cannot read at such speeds and furthermore you feel you are incapable of ever learning. I have already sent you information showing that speed reading at this level is very common. Among other things, I showed you that school children in the early 1900s were reading 5,000-6,000 word a minute, and they did this without any formal training. I feel sorry for you in that you have placed limits upon yourself which many people, including children, exceed on a regular basis. You thought that reading 3,000 wpm was an extravagant claim, and you were clearly wrong. You have attempted to malign me but the only thing you accomplished was making an ass of yourself.

I don't know if you were equally skeptical of my claim to having an MBA and a JD. If you were, I seriously doubt that you have a college background, or at least not one you want to talk about. I believe you deny the accomplishments of others simply because of your own inadequacies which is a common symptom of those malcontents who defend their own shortcomings by attacking others. What I find most disturbing is that you made assumptions with not one shred of evidence to support your conclusions. This is not a trait of an enlightened man but is instead a characteristic of a fool. You think that this forum is full of “kooks” but you are wrong. I can tell that many posters are highly educated, and I would be astonished if I were the lonely soul with a Doctorate degree. My opinion is based on the quality of their words (whether misspelled or not) and the complexity of their expressed thoughts. I consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent person, and I know there are many on this site who are smarter than I am. However, your words, at least as far as this thread is concerned, do not provide the slightest signs of genius. Instead, I find your communications to be uninspired, uninformed and uninformative, petty, insulting and illogical. The following words are not the product of a highly developed mentality: “The k00ks reallly make this board worth coming back to every day, but the most entertaining are the social invalid k00ks that are also legends in their own minds!!!”

I have been harsh with you and I will not apologize; however, I may owe other posters an apology. I said that you should be ashamed if you could read only 300 wpm. I was being combative with you because of your insulting comments and I did not mean that everyone who reads at that speed is somehow inadequate. A reading rate of 300 wpm is more than enough in most situations. In my opinion speed reading is necessary only to those who must process substantial quantities of information. When I read at 3,000 wpm I get much more information but I do not enjoy the process. Many writers have a unique, captivating and entertaining writing style, but speed reading does not allow you to fully appreciate this talent. When I read fiction books, human interest stories or poetry, I slow down to a crawl. Often I will read only a few lines, put the book across my chest and reflect upon what I have just read. Sometimes I become spellbound, and I am transported to a time and place the author had planned for me to be and skillfully arranged my journey. There is no desire to end the journey quickly but only to enjoy it completely. There is a time and a place for everything and that includes speed reading.

To those I have offended, please accept my sincere apology.

To skookerasbil: In parting, I would urge you to increase your reading speed (there are many good courses available on the Internet). In spite of your insults, I think that you are most likely above average in intelligence and are thus capable of achieving speeds of at least 3,000 wpm. If you achieve this goal, I would caution you not to tell anyone. I am afraid that if you post your success on a forum such as this, some rude uninformed jerk will accuse you of being one of the “social invalid k00ks that are also legends in their own minds!!!”

OK, NOW I am done with this thread.

Fiance was instructor at Tulane. You are very sensitive for a professor. :eek:

It already did. On this post, as on the one above, you have said nothing. Obviously you have nothing to say. It's really better in that case to just keep silent.

It already did. On this post, as on the one above, you have said nothing. Obviously you have nothing to say. It's really better in that case to just keep silent.

You should try and take your own advice, you wouldn't look so much like a troll, drag.

You should try and take your own advice, you wouldn't look so much like a troll, drag.

Dragon is carrying a decent conversation with me on another thread. Maybe he hasn't made the connection yet?

Dragon is carrying a decent conversation with me on another thread. Maybe he hasn't made the connection yet?

Possibly. It's hard for me to have a conversation with people who only use the left side of their brain. It might just be me, I guess.
I lean right, but I do understand that both sides got us into the mess we're in, some can't admit that.
Thanks for the heads-up on drag, I'll try and do better with him.

Possibly. It's hard for me to have a conversation with people who only use the left side of their brain. It might just be me, I guess.
I lean right, but I do understand that both sides got us into the mess we're in, some can't admit that.
Thanks for the heads-up on drag, I'll try and do better with him.

Drawing fire like that is one way I know I'm getting to them. :lol:

Forum List

Back