Christmas Cards

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
Does anyone still send out Christmas cards? I still do. I've noticed that I've hardly received any this year (so far, I've received two), a lot fewer than last year.

I have a feeling that people aren't sending out Christmas cards because postage rates are now at 39 cents per first class letter... that's $3.90 for 10, $7.80 for 20, $11.80 for 30...

I wonder if anyone has stopped sending out Christmas cards, and if so, why?

We send out a boatload, even to people who live next door to us. Don't ask me why this is done in this town. I cannot answer that. I send out between 40-45, and receive usually 45-50.

Does anyone still send out Christmas cards? I still do. I've noticed that I've hardly received any this year (so far, I've received two), a lot fewer than last year.

I have a feeling that people aren't sending out Christmas cards because postage rates are now at 39 cents per first class letter... that's $3.90 for 10, $7.80 for 20, $11.80 for 30...

We see fewer every year. I blame it on email.
Not that we get lots of Christmas e-cards, but just that people are out of the habit of mailing anything.

Are stamps really 39 cents? Now I have to go to the Post Office so I can mail all of the cards I wrote last night. Grrrr.

I get less than I used to, but I skipped sending them for about 5 years, so it's to be expected. The past two years, I mail about 30. Only to people I really like. I get more back. :embarassed:

Get ready, stamp prices are going up again at the first of the year. That's why most stamps they printed this year didn't say ".39" on them.

Get ready, stamp prices are going up again at the first of the year. That's why most stamps they printed this year didn't say ".39" on them.

Where did you hear that? I looked at the USPS site and did a google search and could not find anything.

Maybe it's not the first of the year, but it's sometime early '07. I work at the UPS Store, so we do a lot of business through the post office. Got the insider's scoop.

Maybe it's not the first of the year, but it's sometime early '07. I work at the UPS Store, so we do a lot of business through the post office. Got the insider's scoop.

The USPS is trying damn hard to put theirselves outta business aren't they.

The sooner the better IMO.

The USPS is trying damn hard to put theirselves outta business aren't they.

The sooner the better IMO.

I agree, but isn't the whole reason that the USPS half-asses it so much because they are essentially incapable of being put out of business, it being a governmental organization and all?

Every single year, without fail. Start writing them out after Thanksgiving, and mail them out the first or second week of December.

Oh, and you have to have 3-4 different cards.. Can't have everyone getting the same one.

On a different note.. Uh.. what's with the retard smilies? Where'd all the ones I "donated" go?

Forum List

Back