Christmas box

So...my co workers and I adopted a family for Christmas. Mother passed away in March. Two boys ages 2 and 9 being raised by their grandma. 9 year old only asked for books to read.

I bought him about 5 books ( May get more) and I have put together a Christmas stocking with a search and find book,Mad Libs,splat ball, kite,and 2 small erector sets ( a race car and an air plane). Plus candy.

I want to get him something else just not sure what 9 year old boys like? I usually buy for girls.

Any ideas?

A tooth brush (why candy?)
I actually just found some really cool Star Wars tooth brushes on my way home from work with caps of Darth Vader and C3PO. So...added them to the stockings. Your wish came true after all.

Did you get them the Star Wars toothpaste to go with it?

th
I didn’t see that. But I will look for it now that I know it’s available. Fun!

Just a quick update...

We deliver gifts tomorrow while the oldest boy is in school ( Grandma wants it to be a surprise). Should be pretty awesome.

Thanks for all the suggestions they were very helpful for sure.

9 co workers participated so far

Family members each got

Jackets,gloves,beanies,socks,PJ’s,blankets, clothes,backpacks,toiletries and two large boxes full of groceries...Including holiday goodies like cookies,brownies,fruit,candy canes and a tin of popcorn.

One co worker paid their utilities for the month.
And one gave a Walmart gift card.

The 2 year old got

A fire truck, ambulance and fire men
A toy tractor
A toy motorcycle
2 Toddler puzzles
Several books
Coloring book/ crayons
A toddler car hauler truck with 2 cars
A wind up dinosaur ( and a few random
dinosaurs from DT)
Nerf football
Star Wars Toothbrush
And a couple toys the gifter said were a surprise

9 year old got

A Jumanji board game
Checkers
Two game cubes ( Disney family feud/ charades)
Car stunt loop race track (with hot wheel type cars)
2 hot wheels
A basket ball
Nerf football
Star Wars Kite
3 Star Wars books for early teen readers
1 Avengers book for teen readers
3 misc adventure books
A 300 piece Panther puzzle
100 piece Avengers infinity war puzzle
Mad Libs
Word search book
Splat Ball
Two small stocking size erector sets
A Star Wars Coloring book/ crayons
Rockem sockem robot thumb wrestling.
Star Wars toothbrush

And anything the remaining 7 employees ( who are late bloomers bring to work at the last min). :)

Edited to add....We actually found such a good deal on kites,coloring kits,books and puzzles that we had enough to also donate a couple bags of stuff to Toys for Tot’s which was pretty great as well. Gotta love the clearance sections,Dollar Tree and buy one get one half off sales. lol

Last edited:
Just a quick update...

We deliver gifts tomorrow while the oldest boy is in school ( Grandma wants it to be a surprise). Should be pretty awesome.

Family members each got

Jackets,gloves,beanies,socks,PJ’s,blankets, clothes,backpacks,toiletries and two large boxes full of groceries...Including holiday goodies like cookies,brownies,fruit,candy canes and a tin of popcorn.

The 2 year old got

A toy tractor
A toy motorcycle
2 Toddler puzzles
Several books
Coloring book/ crayons
dinosaurs from DT)
Nerf football
Star Wars Toothbrush

9 year old got

A Jumanji board game
Checkers
2 hot wheels
A basket ball
Nerf football
Star Wars Kite
3 misc adventure books
Mad Libs
Word search book
Splat Ball
Star Wars toothbrush

And anything the remaining 7 employees ( who are late bloomers bring to work at the last min). :)

Now that is awesome, they will have a great Christmas because of you guys. Will some or all of you be there when the boy comes home from school to see the surprise???

Just a quick update...

Family members each got

The 2 year old got

A toy tractor
A toy motorcycle
2 Toddler puzzles
Several books
Coloring book/ crayons
dinosaurs from DT)
Nerf football
Star Wars Toothbrush

9 year old got

A Jumanji board game
Checkers
2 hot wheels
A basket ball
Nerf football
Star Wars Kite
3 misc adventure books
Mad Libs
Word search book
Splat Ball
Star Wars toothbrush

Now that is awesome, they will have a great Christmas because of you guys. Will some or all of you be there when the boy comes home from school to see the surprise???
We have in the past,but this year the Grandma wants us to drop off everything while he is not home as a surprise.

In the past we have met and talked to the kids which was fun. Not this year though.

What is the freaking deal with libertards? Don't agonize over it. Buy the kids some gifts and stop patting yourself on the back over it. Forget about it just like they will in a week or two.

What is the freaking deal with libertards? Don't agonize over it. Buy the kids some gifts and stop patting yourself on the back over it. Forget about it just like they will in a week or two.
Agonizing? Not really. We weren’t given a list of likes or dislikes for the older boy and I was unsure of what was or wasn’t age appropriate for him...that’s why I started the thread.

The update was to let people know their suggestions were appreciated and taken to heart. And because I was proud of my team for stepping up and helping this family ( and a few other kids) this year.

I don’t worry about what they will or won’t do. The boys lost their mother. They need a good Christmas if nothing else.

Back the fuck off with your kneejerk hostility. Blue is no lib by any stretch of the imagination. Know how THINKING people can tell that? By the fact that she's doing something kind and charitable PERSONALLY, instead of just handing the family a business card for the local welfare office.

She asked for some help brainstorming gift ideas for a kid she doesn't know much about. If that bothers you so much for the "patting herself on the back", no one's holding a gun to your stupid, pussyaching head and forcing you to read the thread. Consider yourself allowed to leave.

Wow. That's one heated children gifts discussion :D
I know I'm quite late for the party but I recently spend some time researching the exact same topic. And there're lots of things you probably won't come up to by yourself.
Here're selected links with the ideas I liked the most:
N Model.Ponycycle® Official website ─ that's just awesome and feels like super fun for children
Kid Sprinklers ─ the best solution for warmer areas/for summer when you're tight on a budget
Toy Gun Makes 350 Spitballs From One Roll Of Toilet Paper ─ just no comment

Last edited:

Forum List

Back