Christmas, and the Founding Principles of this Nation, is all about Christ

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
by Douglas V. Gibbs at Political Pistachio blog

As we approach Christmas 2012, we need to remember the reason for the season. The reason for the Christmas Season is Jesus Christ. I will not say "Happy Holidays," when the real response should be "Merry Christmas."

The reason for the season is the same as the reason for the liberty we enjoy in this nation. Tyranny rejects faith, while divine providence was the source of the founding of America. Our system has stood the test of time because we as a nation have embraced the Christian principles that went into the forging of this country into existence.

There is the secular way:
Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand. - Karl Marx
Religion is the opium of the masses. - Karl Marx

And there is the way of faith:

"The Bible is the best of all books, for it is the word of God and teaches us the way to be happy in this world and in the next. Continue therefore to read it and to regulate your life by its precepts." - John Jay, letter to Peter Augustus Jay, 1784
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other - John Adams

Who should we listen to? The father or communism, or the founders of this nation?

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

During the mid 1700s every state and country on Europe was founded on God, the church ran each and every government and the monarchs tyranny was fully supported by their claims that divine right from God gave them power to lead.
The British were marching on Concord and Lexington as civilians were arming themselves individually with guns and forming a militia. The Church of England, the largest church in the colonies, backed the Torries which supported the King and his centuries old grip of religious tyranny with claims of God given divine right. The Torries and the crown wanted to collect all the weapons the militia had as that was the order from God through the King.
The Founders kicked those Bible thumpers ASS, 100,000 of them fled to Canada and back to England after the war and The United States Constitution was written with NO mention of God anywhere in it.
For a reason. We are a nation OF LAWS, not men and their various and changing like the wind religious beliefs.
The Founders were fine Christian men that saw how the Christian religion FUCKED UP every government in Europe and wanted no part of religion in government here. Of course every election they spoke a mean game but read THE CONSTITUTION.
An interesting document.

Most of the founders were deists and even Adams believed that Christianity was being misinterpreted and misused in the service of superstition, fraud, and unscrupulous power.

We are governed secularly, not as a theocracy. Thank God.

Last edited:
Who should we listen to? The father or communism, or the founders of this nation?

Perhaps we should simply listen to history, through which we would know that the Winter Solstice, which is a hell of a lot older than Jesus, is the reason for the season. Also the reason for the lights and decorations of greenery -- sympathetic magic to bring back the light.

As far as the Founders, (a) what Si modo said, and (b) we might also remember that Christmas was banned (illegal) in the Puritan colony and wasn't even a legal holiday until 1870.

Here's a good reminder of the reason for the season; always worth a refresher this time of year:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZgT1SRcrKE]Zeitgeist (2007) - Part 1 - Religion - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

As we approach Christmas 2012, we need to remember the reason for the season. The reason for the Christmas Season is Jesus Christ. I will not say "Happy Holidays," when the real response should be "Merry Christmas."

The reason for the season is the same as the reason for the liberty we enjoy in this nation. Tyranny rejects faith, while divine providence was the source of the founding of America. Our system has stood the test of time because we as a nation have embraced the Christian principles that went into the forging of this country into existence.

There is the secular way:
Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand. - Karl Marx
Religion is the opium of the masses. - Karl Marx

And there is the way of faith:

"The Bible is the best of all books, for it is the word of God and teaches us the way to be happy in this world and in the next. Continue therefore to read it and to regulate your life by its precepts." - John Jay, letter to Peter Augustus Jay, 1784
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other - John Adams

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

I like this founder:

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding" ~Thomas Jefferson~

Isn't that just an acknowledgement that more than one holiday is celebrated during the period? That "real response" is nothing more than religious chauvinism.

Most of the founders were deists and even Adams believed that Christianity was being misinterpreted and misused in the service of superstition, fraud, and unscrupulous power.

We are governed secularly, not as a theocracy. Thank God.

Most of the Founders were Episcopalian, The Church of England.
They broke with them and fought the crown.

There is no place for religon in the state. Much like there is no place in the state for religon. Its the First amendment, which means our founding fathers found it pretty dang important to ensure that way of thinking

I always scoff at comments from fools that believe that our nation was founded on Christian principles.
As part of my heritage is Chippewa (of the Ojibwe peoples), I can assure you that Christianity had nothing to do with the founding principles of this nation.
This nation was founded in: deceit, greed, lies, racism, slavery, theft and the outright genocide of two million people.
As for religion in general, one just has to look at what happens to nations that succumb to a religious managed government (Islam, the Inquisition years, et cetera) and one sees the outright hatred that comes out of it.

I always scoff at comments from fools that believe that our nation was founded on Christian principles.
As part of my heritage is Chippewa (of the Ojibwe peoples), I can assure you that Christianity had nothing to do with the founding principles of this nation.
This nation was founded in: deceit, greed, lies, racism, slavery, theft and the outright genocide of two million people.
As for religion in general, one just has to look at what happens to nations that succumb to a religious managed government (Islam, the Inquisition years, et cetera) and one sees the outright hatred that comes out of it.

agreed on the religon part and I agree on the Greed, murder, etc. part, but all nations were founded on those ugly parts. The Native Americans couldnt compete with European technology or the diseases brought with them. It's dog eat dog, always has been, always will be. Nothing we can do about it besides be the bigger dog.

Forum List

Back