Christine O'Donnell: Latest whipping post for the Left

SGdsn

Nov 15, 2009
Look, I know what this is. Liberals are pissed off they're about to lose some seats and effectively end the runaway spending of the past eighteen months, so they're trying to fight dirty.

Why are they so consumed with Christine O'Donnell? Because she said she dabbled in witchcraft when she was younger? SO WHAT? Obama dabbled in pot and cocaine when he was younger and you idiots voted him into office. Why does that make O'Donnell a dealbreaker?

You guys just need another George Bush. They have been itching for one since November 2008. Anybody who's an interesting and compelling figure on the Right has to become the boogeyman all so Obama looks better by comparison. It's Sarah Palin, it's O'Donnell, it was Scott Brown for a minute; if Pawlenty and Romney actually run, it'll be them. But the country is tired of this style of gotcha politics. They see what the Democrats do when they have the White House and Congress: not much, other than spend like crazy and enact more entitlement programs in a recession. I don't care how weird O'Donnell is supposed to be, she hasn't been The Problem these past two years. The Democrats have. DEAL WITH IT.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Does she deserve what she is getting?
That is the only question that matters.

Standing up for her for partisan reasons is one reason we are in such a mess.

Does she deserve what she is getting?

Yes.

That is the only question that matters.

Well, not really. Which is worse - dabbling in witchcraft or doing crack?

2012 will be interesting.

Standing up for her for partisan reasons is one reason we are in such a mess.

She's part of the first crop of the "new politician." She's going to be the first to get butchered too, but it's a process. Step 1: get rid of the career politicians.

I have seen more right wingers get mad over the witchcraft thing, than liberals making a big deal about it.
I have only seen threads here, bitching about the liberals making a big deal about this. I have not seen any threads by liberals about this subject. So, who really is making the big deal?

The ridiculus right will vote for her because she's pretty. Everyone else can see she's another idiot. She won't win. Mice with human brains! Really? Only the radical right could go for her!

Look, I know what this is. Liberals are pissed off they're about to lose some seats and effectively end the runaway spending of the past eighteen months, so they're trying to fight dirty.

Why are they so consumed with Christine O'Donnell? Because she said she dabbled in witchcraft when she was younger? SO WHAT? Obama dabbled in pot and cocaine when he was younger and you idiots voted him into office. Why does that make O'Donnell a dealbreaker?

You guys just need another George Bush. They have been itching for one since November 2008. Anybody who's an interesting and compelling figure on the Right has to become the boogeyman all so Obama looks better by comparison. It's Sarah Palin, it's O'Donnell, it was Scott Brown for a minute; if Pawlenty and Romney actually run, it'll be them. But the country is tired of this style of gotcha politics. They see what the Democrats do when they have the White House and Congress: not much, other than spend like crazy and enact more entitlement programs in a recession. I don't care how weird O'Donnell is supposed to be, she hasn't been The Problem these past two years. The Democrats have. DEAL WITH IT.

Dipshit, she's not going to win shit anyways so why defend a soon to be loser?

The ridiculus right will vote for her because she's pretty. Everyone else can see she's another idiot. She won't win. Mice with human brains! Really? Only the radical right could go for her!

The right doesn't have much knowledge for anything. As long as its against the Democrats they vote for the person, haven't they learned shit from Bush?

The liberal media have certainly got their walking orders and many people have made up their minds pretty quick around here.

Me , I haven't decided.. just scratching the surface, it's a choice between a career rubber stamp for Obama/Democrats and an all American looking Gal, that says she is guided by the constitution.

I say test her metal but check your misogyny level...and expect the same from the media.

The liberal media have certainly got their walking orders and many people have made up their minds pretty quick around here.

Me , I haven't decided.. just scratching the surface, it's a choice between a career rubber stamp for Obama/Democrats and an all American looking Gal, that says she is guided by the constitution.

I say test her metal but check your misogyny level...and expect the same from the media.

So you might vote for her because she's pretty?

Misogyny? I've voted for plenty of women, but only because they were smart, not because they were pretty.

Are you watching FOX News? You know they gave one million dollars to the Repubs and nothing to the Dems don't you? Oh so very "fair and balanced". You know that all the media is owned by giant corporations, don't you?

She says she's guided by the Constitution? She also wants a theocracy, which is expressly prohibitted by the Constitution.

But she is pretty!

So you might vote for her because she's pretty?

Misogyny? I've voted for plenty of women, but only because they were smart, not because they were pretty.

She says she's guided by the Constitution? She also wants a theocracy, which is expressly prohibitted by the Constitution.

But she is pretty!

(So you might vote for her because she's pretty?)

It's a fact she has the all American Gal look but guided by the constitution sounds more interesting..

(Are you watching FOX News? You know they gave one million dollars to the Repubs and nothing to the Dems don't you? Oh so very "fair and balanced". You know that all the media is owned by giant corporations, don't you?)

So far.. their free to do that... doesn't bother me. ( Meet you in the Media Forum sometime)

(She says she's guided by the Constitution? She also wants a theocracy, which is expressly prohibitted by the Constitution.)

Theocracy...She does.. ? you got proof..?.. Do you think she can do that all by herself or you're kinda over-reacting?

I don't expect O'Donnell to win either but she certainly has shook up the establishment. Its a refreshing change and I expect more and more unlikely candidates putting their hats in the ring in years to come. That is a good thing in my opinion.

Lumpy, admit it. O'Donnell is a preposterous candidate. Of course she gets air time...she's tailor made for a 15 minute news cycle. She knocked over a solid Republican candidate so now Delaware has two crappy choices on election day. I can understand why conservatives are mad, can't you?

Lumpy, admit it. O'Donnell is a preposterous candidate. Of course she gets air time...she's tailor made for a 15 minute news cycle. She knocked over a solid Republican candidate so now Delaware has two crappy choices on election day. I can understand why conservatives are mad, can't you?

Why do you say preposterous?

We have have plenty of career politicians, with plenty of experience in Washington but it's not working out so well.. is it?

Why not a Senator, that's a women, that plans on being guided by the Constitution. Why not a representative that's not so aloof over the people. A common person. Heck... I'd vote for you..

Last edited:
Well, that's very kind of you, Lumpy. I think O'Donnell has far, far, far too much baggage to even get elected dog catcher but not because she's a chick. A person's gender seems mostly irrelevant these days, apart from the "pretty woman" phenom.

I dun know what to tell ya about "career politicans", Lumpy. Mebbe in a local government position it'd be workable to run a candidate from business or education or whatnot, but at the national level, it's very very very hard to get anyone elected without name recognition and a track record of votes. The few who do -- Jessie Ventura, Al Franken and Arnold Schwartenegger all come to mind -- were "known" from entertainment, not a well I'd want to dip into all that often.

Do you really think you could get someone elected to the US Senate that was a "regular guy" from an average working class background with zero experience in politics? I think it'd be nice, but it's damned unlikely. And I fail to see why someone with O'Donnell's resume should be seen as such anyway. How many "regular guys" spent a year appearing on Bill Maher's show as a guest?

Oh she's a gift to Democrats.

It's like they sent down the heavy bag and let us just go to work - David Letterman

She put herself in this position. Nobody else.

Yes, she did. California Girl doesn't like that I said that. Tough. You can neg rep me until you turn purple. The truth is the truth. You big baby. Are you ever going to grow up???

Forum List

Back