Christie's Traffic Jam on the George Washington Bridge.

Christie, who happens to be looking good, btw, spoke for longer than an hour, apologizing to a mayor and the people for it seems that two of his people did somehow make a phone call that closed two lanes on the famous George Washington Bridge.

They have been fired.

Christie took ownership of the problem and discussed how it apparently was done and why without his knowledge. He didn't blame anyone but himself for somehow allowing his people to think that would be a good idea and they could get away with it. His speech was refreshing after listening to Obama blame everyone from Bush to videos.

I agree. He also spoke about the mayor who was supposed to have declined to contribute.

Apparantly the major was never asked to contribute to Christie.

Guess that kinda sorta blows a hole in all that vengence BS.

Christie looked and sounded good and you know as well as I do that the next "scandal" that hits the air waves will overshadow bridgegate. Or should I say witch hunt??

Crispy Christy CHOSE these people folks .

he has bad judgement in character at the least.

he is not presidential material

read um and weep

Barry chose all those people he's got and he never fired anyone.

Benghazi was a debacle and no one at State got fired.

He went with EP to save Holder ass.

He is not presidential material at all and yet ther he sits at 1600 PA Ave.

Blow it out your ass TM.

read um and weep

I wonder what will be worse... Christys bridge thing, or Hillarys Benghazi thing.

Now that I work in Jersey I have to take the George Washington Bridge Daily. Something curious happened last summer. There were lane closures but no one was working on the bridge. Ever. And at all. It was infuriating and caused LOTS of traffic.

Well..this year I found out it was the result of a "study". But it was a study that no one owned or announced. And it was a study with no results. And lately? It's not a study. And the plot has been thickening..

There’s been a simmering controversy in New Jersey, which initially appeared a little too outlandish to take seriously. But late Friday afternoon, the story took an interesting turn.

A Port Authority official with close ties to Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey is resigning after state lawmakers questioned whether lane closings on the George Washington Bridge that led to extensive traffic backups in September were politically motivated.

The official, David Wildstein, will resign as the director of interstate capital projects at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey on Jan. 1, according to a letter he wrote to the agency’s deputy executive director, Bill Baroni. The resignation was first reported by The Record newspaper, of northern New Jersey.
Chris Christie's traffic jam? | MSNBC

Christie Ally Quits After George Washington Bridge Flap - WSJ.com

:eusa_eh:

It seems Christie fooled some of the people today with his broken heart and story of betrayal. His, "I'm not a bully" rang with the same truth as President Nixon's, "I'm not a crook". Maybe he didn't know his senior staff and high school friend colluded behind his back to punish a local city mayor. But he didn't convince me and I doubt he convinced anyone not predisposed to believe him.

?
not something that is happening today because of snow/ice storm

?

It happened in August.

I'd pass by the cones in the morning..no work.

I'd see them at night. No work.

I was like, WTF is going on?

:mad:

Well, Christie did say that he was 'manning' the cones, wearing a hard hat, right there with the worker bees.

He took a tax-paid chopper to and from work.

Now that I work in Jersey I have to take the George Washington Bridge Daily. Something curious happened last summer. There were lane closures but no one was working on the bridge. Ever. And at all. It was infuriating and caused LOTS of traffic.

Well..this year I found out it was the result of a "study". But it was a study that no one owned or announced. And it was a study with no results. And lately? It's not a study. And the plot has been thickening..

There’s been a simmering controversy in New Jersey, which initially appeared a little too outlandish to take seriously. But late Friday afternoon, the story took an interesting turn.

A Port Authority official with close ties to Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey is resigning after state lawmakers questioned whether lane closings on the George Washington Bridge that led to extensive traffic backups in September were politically motivated.

The official, David Wildstein, will resign as the director of interstate capital projects at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey on Jan. 1, according to a letter he wrote to the agency’s deputy executive director, Bill Baroni. The resignation was first reported by The Record newspaper, of northern New Jersey.
Chris Christie's traffic jam? | MSNBC

Christie Ally Quits After George Washington Bridge Flap - WSJ.com

:eusa_eh:

It seems Christie fooled some of the people today with his broken heart and story of betrayal. His, "I'm not a bully" rang with the same truth as President Nixon's, "I'm not a crook". Maybe he didn't know his senior staff and high school friend colluded behind his back to punish a local city mayor. But he didn't convince me and I doubt he convinced anyone not predisposed to believe him.

Key phrase, "... predisposed to believe him".

Just like the last general election, they'll suck up to him, support him, uh-dore him, right up until he self distructs.

Then they'll choose an new hero and it starts all over again.

Look for a sale on popcorn cuz its gonna be a bumpy ride - and then they lose. :lol:

?
not something that is happening today because of snow/ice storm

?

It happened in August.

I'd pass by the cones in the morning..no work.

I'd see them at night. No work.

I was like, WTF is going on?

:mad:

Well, Christie did say that he was 'manning' the cones, wearing a hard hat, right there with the worker bees.

He took a tax-paid chopper to and from work.

That was pretty special.

Christie making fun of people's misery.

How desperate can these left wingers get?

This bridge thing AFFECTS no one in this country but the people WHO lived in that state

But this more important than Obama and Democrats acting like a thuggish dictators

Maybe they misunderstood when Crispie sent them out for "jam". It could happen.

How desperate can these left wingers get?

This bridge thing AFFECTS no one in this country but the people WHO lived in that state

But this more important than Obama and Democrats acting like a thuggish dictators

Unless someone died with relatives out of state.

With gridlock that huge, it would have been a perfect time for another Boston Bomber. Glad they didn't think of it. But I don't know. Maybe Republicans see it as a "missed opportunity". Considering all the other damage they cause.

read um and weep

Barry chose all those people he's got and he never fired anyone.

Benghazi was a debacle and no one at State got fired.

He went with EP to save Holder ass.

He is not presidential material at all and yet ther he sits at 1600 PA Ave.

Blow it out your ass TM.

Benghazi was an ATTACK by militants turned into a scandal by treacherous and treasonous Conservatives who side with the terrorists.

This is not the first time they've done this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-CAcdta_8I]Falwell and Robertson on The 700 Club after 9/11 - YouTube[/ame]

The Theocrats that infest the GOP currently are despicable.

Forum List

Back