Christie

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I want to elect a Conservative President who can help the GOP keep control of the Senate. I like all of the GOP candidates, but an wondering who can actually pull this off. Trump seems mostly bluff and bluster, while Cruz may be perceived as "too religious" by independent voters. On the other hand, most of the other candidates come across as lackluster reruns from previous campaigns.Only Christie and Rubio seem to be the exceptions.

I don't know why Christie is doing so poorly in the polls, other than he might be a lot of people's 2nd or 3rd choice. After Iowa and NH, GOP voters need to start getting serious. Would a Christie/Rubio ticket really be unacceptable to Conservatives?

Expressing anger at the Democrats is not the same thing as electing a Republican majority to reverse the direction our country is headed in.

I want to elect a Conservative President who can help the GOP keep control of the Senate. I like all of the GOP candidates, but an wondering who can actually pull this off. Trump seems mostly bluff and bluster, while Cruz may be perceived as "too religious" by independent voters. On the other hand, most of the other candidates come across as lackluster reruns from previous campaigns.Only Christie and Rubio seem to be the exceptions.

I don't know why Christie is doing so poorly in the polls, other than he might be a lot of people's 2nd or 3rd choice. After Iowa and NH, GOP voters need to start getting serious. Would a Christie/Rubio ticket really be unacceptable to Conservatives?

Expressing anger at the Democrats is not the same thing as electing a Republican majority to reverse the direction our country is headed in.

I think some of the problem here is that it's getting harder and harder to sell the idea that a republican majority will do what many of their voters want them to do.

Christie was one of my first choices early on, but he just couldn't get anywhere. He had his chance last general election and he turned it down, saying he promised to finish his term as Governor. I can't believe that bridge scandal would eliminate him from the race, but it seemed to do it. I don't really know.

A. Republicans don't like him cause he hugged Obama.

B. Everyone else doesn't trust him to be potus because he shut a bridge down to punish a political adversary

B. Everyone else doesn't trust him to be potus because he shut a bridge down to punish a political adversary

Oh, that's right! I remember now. He hugged the president after getting funds for his citizens after a disaster. Holy smokes, people, Get a grip! He was happy for his constituency's welfare! Christie just might have hit him in the balls if he didn't authorize funds.

And most Americans don't want a conservative president who would seek through judicial appointments to jeopardize the privacy rights of women and the equal protection rights of gay Americans; a conservative president hostile to change, diversity, and dissent; a conservative president with a propensity for war.

There is also no reason to be 'angry' at democrats because they protect the rights of citizens against attacks by conservatives, the social right in particular.

That Christie is doing poorly with republicans illustrates the wrongheaded extremism common to most on the right, where Christie was able to win election in a heavily democratic state, rejected by republicans because he's perceived to not be 'extreme enough.'

Kasich is my top Choice then Rubio but I can live with Christie.

Why is Christie doing so bad?

1. He is too big. You might not believe me but his weight is a issue.

2. He is a bully.

3. He is not Tea Party Conservative.

Do I believe he would be a horrible President?

No, and I did not believe Romney would have been bad either but the Tea Party Caucus is hell bent of shoving Cruz or Trump down the American voter throat...

Oh, that's right! I remember now. He hugged the president after getting funds for his citizens after a disaster. Holy smokes, people, Get a grip! He was happy for his constituency's welfare! Christie just might have hit him in the balls if he didn't authorize funds.
If blue states don't go along, I'd feel sorry for them if they were hit by a natural disaster under a president Christie. He would punish states. A dictator. The bridge scandal cost him like Cruz being born in Canada.

If blue states don't go along, I'd feel sorry for them if they were hit by a natural disaster under a president Christie. He would punish states. A dictator. The bridge scandal cost him like Cruz being born in Canada.

I didn't see him in that light, but perhaps you know more than I. Do you live in New Jersey?

I didn't see him in that light, but perhaps you know more than I. Do you live in New Jersey?
No, even worse, Michigan. My Republican is so cheap he poisoned the citizens of one of our poor cities.

2. He is a bully.

No, and I did not believe Romney would have been bad either but the Tea Party Caucus is hell bent of shoving Cruz or Trump down the American voter throat...
A Republican president and senate and house is not good for the middle class

2. He is a bully.

Enough of the inane one-liners. Do you anything factual to contribute?

2. He is a bully.

You know I have to agree with either political party and believe a one political party control is awful for the nation.

That is why I write that I am alright with Sanders winning and the House and Senate staying GOP...

And the Democrats had their shot and they blew it.

2. He is a bully.

I believe from Christie's behavior in the ABC debate towards Marco that he basically just hung himself. Disclaimer: I can not tolerate bullies. Christie basically bullied Marco and it didn't sit well at all. I have always respected Christie but after seeing how nasty he can be to his fellow collegues I will not ever vote for him. There is a way to get your point across without appearing to be a complete asshole and bully! Good Riddance Chris!

Forum List

Back