Christie wins VA poll - could he win in 2012?

Is Christie the best choice to fix the US fiscal mess?

• Yes, anyone who fixes NJ gets my vote

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No, we don't need someone that tough

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Give Obama time, he'll fix the economy & budget

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We need someone like Palin or Ron Paul more

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
I like pols who can actually drive the bus instead of bullshitting about being able to drive the bus. The last guy who drove well was Clinton ( balanced budget. no wars, general prosperity) <personal issues aside>.

Does Christie, who looks like he is actually fixing the NJ fiscal mess by taking a baseball bat to the troublemakers, have a shot at fixing the Federal mess in 2012?

I don't see any problem with Christie, we'll see how he looks after 2011.

Gov. Christie wins Virginia Tea Party presidential straw poll | NJ.com

USMB Poll: would you vote for Christie to fix the US economy?

I voted Yes on the poll question but he can't win in 2012. One big reason...He's too BIG. He's simply too fat. Americans are very shallow & dumbed-down people for the most part. His physical appearance alone eliminates any chances of him winning. If he sheds some pounds by 2012,he may have a slight chance. I really do respect the man and what he's trying to do in New Jersey though. The Democrats thoroughly destroyed New Jersey. He's doing his best to bring New Jersey back. He would get my vote if he decided to run. But Americans really are very shallow people for the most part and physical appearance matters very much to the Dimwits. It is sad but it is what it is.

I suspect it was a mistake not to build that tunnel, actually.

that's precisely the kind of infrastructure projects that we ought to be funding.

Plus it would make the commute so many garden staters make into Manhattan easier, too.

I would vote for Christie for President! I don't care what the man looks like or how much he weighs...he would get my vote in a NJ minute!

I voted Yes on the poll question but he can't win in 2012. One big reason...He's too BIG. He's simply too fat. Americans are very shallow & dumbed-down people for the most part. His physical appearance alone eliminates any chances of him winning. If he sheds some pounds by 2012,he may have a slight chance. I really do respect the man and what he's trying to do in New Jersey though. The Democrats thoroughly destroyed New Jersey. He's doing his best to bring New Jersey back. He would get my vote if he decided to run. But Americans really are very shallow people for the most part and physical appearance matters very much to the Dimwits. It is sad but it is what it is.

Hey comon, Americans loved Big Pussy from the Sopranos. And Hugo from Lost. Certainly they can love a fat clown for President.

I kind of like Christie, I must say.

Hey comon, Americans loved Big Pussy from the Sopranos. And Hugo from Lost. Certainly they can love a fat clown for President.

I kind of like Christie, I must say.

I like him too. Cleaning up that horrifying mess the Democrats left behind in Jersey ain't gonna be easy. He would get my vote if he ran. I just make it a point to never underestimate the shallowness & stupidity of the average American. His weight would be an issue for the dumbed-down masses in this country. It is sad.

Nope, not Christie, not yet... I criticized the Democrats when they nominated a guy with limited experience and we've all seen the results of that debacle. Give Christie 4 years as Governor to fix New Jersey and then 4 more years as Governor to deal with the consequences of those policies. Then we can talk about a run for President.

If NJ truely gets fixed, then he has the election in the palm of his hand.

I don't believe we are that shallow. And no, the election of 0bama does not prove me wrong on this. Voting for McCain on his accomplishments vs 0bama on his, I voted for Palin.

Christie says he is not interested. But he does have a huge ego. I would not be surprised if he ran and he is much better than anyone else the Republicans have for 2012

...unless he sees that the best way to help NJ is to fix the US fiscal mess...

No Republican has a viable plan to 'fix' our fiscal 'mess'.

Not viable only because the yapping class considers halting the explosion of the growth of government as not viable.

No, not viable because the GOP refuses to put defense on the table, which then gives anyone else a rightful claim to taking their own interests off the table.

Christie is the golden boy right now... But kinks are starting to show in his armor.

Forum List

Back