Christie Stumping for Romney. Possible VP Candidate?

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
I think the writing's on the wall here........

Christie warns he’ll return ‘Jersey style’ if Iowans don’t vote Romney

WEST DES MOINES, Iowa--Chris Christie came to Iowa on Friday, not as a 2012 presidential candidate, as many Republicans in the state had hoped, but as Mitt Romney's most high-profile surrogate in the final days before Tuesday's first-in-the-nation caucuses.

More than 100 people turned out before daylight in the parking lot of a Hy-Vee supermarket, standing for more than an hour in high winds and a steady drizzle to see Romney and Christie, the governor of New Jersey.

I doubt it. He likes being Governor of NJ. For some reason he really cares about the State.

I doubt it. He likes being Governor of NJ. For some reason he really cares about the State.

Well, that is true, but the Main reason he sited for Not Running for President was his own lack of Exp. he listed his Obligation to NJ second.

Being VP is Exp, and he could say the Needs of the country out weigh those of NJ. U could definitely see a Romney/Christi Ticket. With all the Attacks, it's not likely to be any of the Current Active Candidates. Not going to see a Romney/Paul Or Romney/Newt Ticket.

As another east-coast establishment type with a number of moderate positions, Christie wouldn't really balance a ticket led by Romney. Moreover, it's unlikely that a man who ran passed over a good shot to be president would jump at the possibility of becoming vice president. Intrade gives Christie about an 8% chance of becoming the vice-presidential nominee, which seems a bit high to me.

As another east-coast establishment type with a number of moderate positions, Christie wouldn't really balance a ticket led by Romney. Moreover, it's unlikely that a man who ran passed over a good shot to be president would jump at the possibility of becoming vice president. Intrade gives Christie about an 8% chance of becoming the vice-presidential nominee, which seems a bit high to me.

Yes and no. VP is allot less pressure. His real problem is his health, that and the rffect of stress.

I think the writing's on the wall here........

Christie warns he’ll return ‘Jersey style’ if Iowans don’t vote Romney

WEST DES MOINES, Iowa--Chris Christie came to Iowa on Friday, not as a 2012 presidential candidate, as many Republicans in the state had hoped, but as Mitt Romney's most high-profile surrogate in the final days before Tuesday's first-in-the-nation caucuses.

More than 100 people turned out before daylight in the parking lot of a Hy-Vee supermarket, standing for more than an hour in high winds and a steady drizzle to see Romney and Christie, the governor of New Jersey.

Doubt it.

VP's tend to be virtually unknown to the public in general, and Cristi has the star power that could have propelled him into the WH as Pres.

but ya never know. Romney NEEDS someone with some conservative chops to him too bring in more votes. He also NEEDS someone with some outward passion for what he's doing.

But I still say no. He stays Governor.

After Cheney I feel the republicans may go back to getting ineffectual ambitionless boobs to be VP.

God, please let it be Christie.

I will enjoy watching that fat fuck lose.

Cant' see ROmney picking Christie, a pro-Choice, pro-Climate change legislations, moderate. Also, they are both from the North-East, a region the Republicans aren't going to seriously compete in, anyway.

If the Republicans carry through on the Suicide Pact with Romney, he'd be better off picking a Southern conservative like Haley Barbour or Bobby Jindal.

And he'll still lose for all the reasons I've detailed in other threads.

God, please let it be Christie.

I will enjoy watching that fat fuck lose.

You are one miserable political IQ of a handball fcukk s0n...............and outside of those three cheesedicks on MSLSD, on election night next year, ask me how much Im going to enjoy rubbing the salt in your gaping wound with a bunch of Gay MSPAint Photobucket Classics??:D Indeed......the ideology of you and all the other marxist philosophy k00ks is going to be mothballed for 2 generations and its going to be an epic party around here for me and all my conservative pals on here. We'll be happier than 12 pigs in shit as your dream of a green economy and government run everything gets decimated for a decade at least.:fu:

bloody153547--300x300-1.jpg

Last edited:
Cant' see ROmney picking Christie, a pro-Choice, pro-Climate change legislations, moderate. Also, they are both from the North-East, a region the Republicans aren't going to seriously compete in, anyway.

If the Republicans carry through on the Suicide Pact with Romney, he'd be better off picking a Southern conservative like Haley Barbour or Bobby Jindal.

And he'll still lose for all the reasons I've detailed in other threads.

Romney will pick someone from a swing state.

Florida, Ohio, Virginia, etc...

Forum List

Back