Christie-palooza

Was all that Porkulus money states and cities got to hire public employees worth it, only to have it run out and let them go?
You mean maintain public employees....like cops & teachers....only to have it run out and let them go?

Republicans obviously think so.​

Oh, are all Federal grants worth the strings attached?

Is cancelling a public works boondoggle you can't afford "arbitrary?"

New Jersey has been fighting for this Rail Tunnel for 15 years. It is far from a boondoggle. Anyone who has ever taken the trains into NY knows how badly an additional tunnel is needed. Rail projects in NJ are on hold because there is not enough access to NY.

Christie has a hard-on for the teachers. For him to let personal animosity get in the way of urgently needed federal funds is petty. What does he care? The additional reenue will have to be made up by the local taxpayers

Who cares how long they have been fighting for it? Is it going to be a rock around the necks of taxpayers?
Yeah.....let's put-it-off, until it's EXTREMELY-critical that it be built....when labor & materials are more-expensive!!

Great thinkin', there.....kinda like cutting taxes, right-before you declare a (long-planned) War. :rolleyes:

U.S. transportation head convinces Gov. Christie to rethink killing Hudson River rail tunnel | NJ.com

New Jersey is broke. And not for nothing, so is the grant giving U. S. of A. (a small portion of said federal grant money is coming from the people of New Jersey to boot)

Yeah, WTF is with these people. Why do they think they are entitled to other people's money no matter how broke people are?

Can't get blood from a stone. :eusa_whistle:

Well....not as easily as borrowing money, from China (to maintain a War), anyhow.​

Yeah, WTF is with these people. Why do they think they are entitled to other people's money no matter how broke people are?

Well....not as easily as borrowing money, from China (to maintain a War), anyhow.​

Sorry but I'll have to come back from about 7 hours of football and beer to hear how Chris Christie comes into play there. (looking forward to it) :lol:

I'll wait. This thread already came back from zombieland once.

Sorry but I'll have to come back from about 7 hours of football and beer to hear how Chris Christie comes into play there. (looking forward to it) :lol:

I'll wait. This thread already came back from zombieland once.

I bet China would own a sizeable chunk of that tunnell, too!

New Jersey has been fighting for this Rail Tunnel for 15 years. It is far from a boondoggle. Anyone who has ever taken the trains into NY knows how badly an additional tunnel is needed. Rail projects in NJ are on hold because there is not enough access to NY.

Christie has a hard-on for the teachers. For him to let personal animosity get in the way of urgently needed federal funds is petty. What does he care? The additional reenue will have to be made up by the local taxpayers

Who cares how long they have been fighting for it? Is it going to be a rock around the necks of taxpayers?

Teachers unions, lile all public employees unions, are gaming the system. It's obvious to everyone.

Dollars to donuts the new jobs created by the tunnel when all is said and done are public employee union jobs. Thus another pinch from the taxpayers who make less and have fewer bennies. (I'm talking about the bulk of the jobs once the thing is built... in 2018! or whenever... more like 2022 at 3x the projected cost)

It more than the construction jobs from building the tunnel (which is sizeable). In the New York/New Jersey area they would have been union jobs.

The tunnel also provides additional access to NYC which would have increased employment opportunities for people in NJ.

This project has been kicked down the road for 15 years because of political incompetance and corruption. Looks like it will continue

Forum List

Back