Christie not running

No surprise there.

He's said from the getgo that he wasn't running. He's busy in NJ and he doesn't have the experience.

Wonder if 2016 will be a differenct story??

No surprise there.

He's said from the getgo that he wasn't running. He's busy in NJ and he doesn't have the experience.

Wonder if 2016 will be a differenct story??

2020 at the earliest.

We will likely have a republican in 2012...and seeing as that person will likely put this country back in the right direction, it is doubtful a GOPer will run against him/her in 2016.

And by 2020?

Christie will have the experience...and sadly...likely some extra baggage as well.

N.J. Gov. Chris Christie has scheduled a 1 p.m. ET news conference where he's expected to discuss his plans for the 2012 presidential campaign.

Why would any intelligent person seek the Republican nomination and hope to win? Presidents usually govern from the middle, today's Republican Party has moved so far to the right a newly elected Republican President would battle not only liberal Democrats, but the radicals of the New Right which dominate the Republican Party today.

The best our nation can hope for is for the American voter to rebuke radicalism and remake Congress into reflective body where reason trumps emotion, where wedge issues are replaced with fair and balanced legislation honestly debated, and pols first priority is our Republic and it citizens.

That's too bad. But after watching Obama floundering because of his lack of experience amongst other things, I respect his decision and see it as wise.
My hat is off to Christie for looking past any need to attain power and seeing what this country needs, clear-headed and experienced leadership.

Im shocked. Shocked I tell you! I really thought that despite him saying no every single time he was asked that he was going to suddenly change his mind at the last second, thereby becoming a liar and underminding any chance has from the beginning.

How the heck was this not obvious?

He made a mistake. He will never have a better chance to be POTUS. He's an asshole for sucking the air out of everyone else's campaign.

The future of the party are guys like Jindal, cantor, Ryan, and Jordan.

I think he didn't run because NJ's unemployment rate is higher than the national average and he can't fix it in the next 12 months. That would be the first thing that the repubs would hit him with.

He made a mistake. He will never have a better chance to be POTUS. He's an asshole for sucking the air out of everyone else's campaign.

The future of the party are guys like Jindal, cantor, Ryan, and Jordan.

how did he suck the air out of everyone elses campaign?

He never once gave any answer other than "absolutely not"

It is not his fault that the media refused to accept his answer.

Blame the media...they are doing everything in their power to divert the news away from Obama, Solyndra and other issues facing his presidency.

Im shocked. Shocked I tell you! I really thought that despite him saying no every single time he was asked that he was going to suddenly change his mind at the last second, thereby becoming a liar and underminding any chance has from the beginning.

How the heck was this not obvious?

While part of me agrees with you, I actually think he could have gotten around that by saying, "I had no intention of running, but it became increasingly clear that my people needed me and were seeking me out".

Smart people change their minds. People seem to have forgotten that since the Kerry/Bush race...

That's too bad. But after watching Obama floundering because of his lack of experience amongst other things, I respect his decision and see it as wise.
My hat is off to Christie for looking past any need to attain power and seeing what this country needs, clear-headed and experienced leadership.

LOL. What leadership experience are you stating Gov. Christie has? Obviously you have no idea of the NJ Governors bio and simply parrot what you hear on this message board.

A local elected official, a lobbyist and a political apointment to be US Attorney in NJ, where he supervised 137 attorneys. Of course he also served on an advisory committee with the disgraced AG Alberto Gonzales. One wonders if he advised Gonzales and Monica Goodling in their 'good' works.

Forum List

Back