"Christie May Have Prayed for Sandy" - NJ Democrat Senate Leader

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Republican Gov. Chris Christie may have "prayed" for Superstorm Sandy because it has provided political cover for his failed economic policies, the Democratic leader of the state Senate said Monday.

Senate President Stephen Sweeney, the state's most powerful elected Democrat and a possible contender for his party's nomination for governor, said Christie's jobs plan before the late October storm was a disaster and now the reconstruction will provide an economic boost through thousands of new construction jobs.

He said Sandy, which killed people in 10 states but hit New York and New Jersey the hardest, flooding neighborhoods, knocking out power and destroying homes, helped hide the failings of Christie's first term, including persistently high unemployment and housing foreclosures.

"His jobs package is a hurricane," Sweeney said during a press conference on Monday, the day before Christie was set to deliver his State of the State message. "I guess he prayed a lot and got lucky because a storm came."

Sweeney immediately apologized for the remark.

NJ Dem: GOP's Christie may have 'prayed' for storm - Yahoo! News

What a douchebag.

Republican Gov. Chris Christie may have "prayed" for Superstorm Sandy because it has provided political cover for his failed economic policies, the Democratic leader of the state Senate said Monday.

Senate President Stephen Sweeney, the state's most powerful elected Democrat and a possible contender for his party's nomination for governor, said Christie's jobs plan before the late October storm was a disaster and now the reconstruction will provide an economic boost through thousands of new construction jobs.

He said Sandy, which killed people in 10 states but hit New York and New Jersey the hardest, flooding neighborhoods, knocking out power and destroying homes, helped hide the failings of Christie's first term, including persistently high unemployment and housing foreclosures.

"His jobs package is a hurricane," Sweeney said during a press conference on Monday, the day before Christie was set to deliver his State of the State message. "I guess he prayed a lot and got lucky because a storm came."

Sweeney immediately apologized for the remark.

NJ Dem: GOP's Christie may have 'prayed' for storm - Yahoo! News

What a douchebag.

Agree..that Dem is a douche.

Sounds, unfortunately, like most politician slimebags. But then i repeat myself.

Praying for a disastrous storm to solve your political problems would be a high risk strategy I would think.

Forum List

Back