Christie Calls Obama To Congratulate-Sends Mitt E-Mail

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Chris Christie, who last year dashed many Republicans’ hopes by turning down pleas to challenge President Barack Obama, says he had one word for Obama during a phone call last night:

Congratulations.

1108-christie-obama.jpg

And Republican Mitt Romney, the man he endorsed a full year before the election, raised millions in cash for, stood with at campaign stops across the country and delivered the keynote address for at the party’s convention?

The New Jersey governor says he sent him an e-mail yesterday.

Obama's Congrats Caller: Christie - Bloomberg

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) told reporters Thursday he reached out to President Barack Obama with a personal phone call to congratulate him on his reelection. Mitt Romney, the man Christie had campaigned with and raised money for, got a conciliatory email, the governor said.

“We didn’t have a political strategy discussion," Christie said of his Wednesday phone chat with Obama, Bloomberg reports. "I said, 'Congratulations on your win last night, Mr. President,' and he said, 'Thank you.'"

Asked if he'd given Romney the same treatment, Christie said that he hadn't.

“No; we exchanged e-mails last night,” Christie said, according to Bloomberg. “We haven’t spoken on the phone yet.”

More: Chris Christie Called Obama To Congratulate Him, Offered Mitt Romney Condolences Over Email

Christie still has a state to worry about and the winter coming. No recovery is over night so being courteous and positive is the order of the day. Perhaps he was sincere as well...:eusa_angel:

Christie is pretty transparent.

A situational whore if you will...

He's GOP, of course he's gonna back GOP in elections. it'd have been the death knell of his career if he had publicly endorsed Obama while the great white hope was in the race.

So what. He needs to kiss the ass of the guy in charge and owes nothing to the guy who is now irrelevant.

I love to see you guys turn on your own.

Just LOVE it!!!

:badgrin:

Look who's pandering for a 2016 nomination

After that disgusting sucking up to Obama, the only nomination for presidency Chris Christie can look forward to, is the Democratic one.

Fatso shot his load and no chance to re-load!

Put your extremist views aside for a second and you'll realize that extending an act of good will after the campaigning was over and done just gave Christie some positive publicity for reaching across the aisle.

Nothing he said was politically damaging, he was merely being a good sport.

Personally, I wouldn't have sent Romney an e-mail if I were him. He's not worth the mouse click. Dude lost to Obama... after four years of Obama. He's certifiably unelectable.

Not really.

He's taken some pretty tough stances. He speaks his mind and has been fairly consistent. I don't think he ever connected with Romney on a personal level. I do think he has with Obama. He pretty friendly with Corey Booker even though they are political rivals.

Like the guy or hate the guy..he's genuine.

Not really.

He's taken some pretty tough stances. He speaks his mind and has been fairly consistent. I don't think he ever connected with Romney on a personal level. I do think he has with Obama. He pretty friendly with Corey Booker even though they are political rivals.

I don't trust him. Something just doesn't sit right. And I felt this way before Sandy.

Time will tell

Not really.

I don't trust him. Something just doesn't sit right. And I felt this way before Sandy.

Time will tell

I don't like his policies and I think he's rude and obnoxious.

But that said..he basically doesn't flip flop on his views.

What you see is what you get.

Christie still has a state to worry about and the winter coming. No recovery is over night so being courteous and positive is the order of the day. Perhaps he was sincere as well...:eusa_angel:

Maybe he's seen the light is angling to be Hillary's Veep. :D

Chris Christie, who last year dashed many Republicans’ hopes by turning down pleas to challenge President Barack Obama, says he had one word for Obama during a phone call last night:

Congratulations.

1108-christie-obama.jpg

And Republican Mitt Romney, the man he endorsed a full year before the election, raised millions in cash for, stood with at campaign stops across the country and delivered the keynote address for at the party’s convention?

The New Jersey governor says he sent him an e-mail yesterday.

Obama's Congrats Caller: Christie - Bloomberg
Any guesses on who's the catcher and who's the pitcher?

Forum List

Back