Christians: Was Christ resurrected?

Was Christ resurrected?

• I consider myself Christian and I believe Christ was resurrected.

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • I consider myself Christian but I don't believe Christ was resurrected.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I consider myself Christian but I am unsure.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I am not a Christian.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
So 50 percent of the people who voted in a poll titled "Christians" aren't Christian.

Why do they feel compelled, one wonders....

• Banned
So 50 percent of the people who voted in a poll titled "Christians" aren't Christian.

Why do they feel compelled, one wonders....

50% was only one person at that point. :)

Anyway, when I make polls specially for one group of people, I try to also give an option that others can click. That serves a couple of purposes, including giving everyone who wants to see the results a way to do it without having to open up a new window to get updates.

• Banned
I remember a group of scholars which might have included priests and ministers of mainstream Christian denominations who seemed to be working out a way to say Christ had not been resurrected but also to say that rejecting that part of the traditional history didn't take away from their ability to call themselves Christians or to perform their religious duties.

But I can't remember the name of the group and/or project. Not enough info to google for right now.

It might have been 15 years ago, give or take a few. All I remember about it now was how strongly I reacted when I read about it. It was at that moment that I knew that I really really really did believe Christ was resurrected. I sort of took it for granted before but the nature of my surprise was such that day, that I realized I really believed.

Last edited:
I remember a group of scholars which might have included priests and ministers of mainstream Christian denominations who seemed to be working out a way to say Christ had not been resurrected but also to say that rejecting that part of the traditional history didn't take away from their ability to call themselves Christians or to perform their religious duties.

But I can't remember the name of the group and/or project. Not enough info to google for right now.

It might have been 15 years ago, give or take a few. All I remember about it now was how strongly I reacted when I read about it. It was at that moment that I knew that I really really really did believe Christ was resurrected. I sort of took it for granted before but the nature of my surprise was such that day, that I realized I really believed.

I wonder what Christians base their faith on if they don't trust the bible.

They might not trust the translations most of us read, so maybe they use some new translation derived from reexamining early texts.

Or they might think that the way the Bible was put together was based more on politics than inspiration so they might seek out some of the texts from that time period which were not included in the Bible and that might lead to different interpretations.

Or maybe they admire what Christ stands for and find him a good model for their lives but just don't accept the supernatural parts of the story.

Last edited:

They might not trust the translations most of us read, so maybe they use some new translation derived from reexamining early texts.

Or they might think that the way the Bible was put together was based more on politics than inspiration so they might seek out some of the texts from that time period which were not included in the Bible and that might lead to different interpretations.

Or maybe they admire what Christ stands for and find him a good model for their lives but just don't accept the supernatural parts of the story.

Then they have baseless faith. I have many different versions of the bible and none of them contradict the others.They may say it a little different at some points but carry the same meaning.

If God don't possess the power described in the bible that you call magic there would be no life or universe. Everything we can see is not a product of undirected chance.

I wonder if people who convert to Christianity in adulthood after growing up in atheism or in a culture with a different faith tradition believe that Christ was resurrected. I could see people converting for different reasons without going all the way and believing that Jesus literally came back to life and left his tomb after he was killed.

Forum List

Back