Christians vs. Non-Christians

ABikerSailor I think where AllieBaba and myself are getting confused is how you distorted three religions combined them and claim to be 1/3 Christian 1/3 Taoist and 1/3 Jewish So now you basically have your own religion. Youre like a Christaojew

Last edited:
Well, how much do you know about those 3? The Christian religion came from the Jews, and the similarities between Tao and Judaism are quite striking. How much about those 2 do you know about?

The problem with a lot of "christians" today is that they tell you that you have only 1 way to get into Heaven, and they are pretty closed off from other concepts. Not only that, but the way that the Bible is interpreted is from a Christian standpoint, when in actuality, it should be looked at from a Jewish perspective, as Yeshua (Jesus) was a Jew.

And.....there really isn't anything in the Bible that says you cannot come to God yourself.

We do believe in one way to go to heaven because "I am the way the truth and th Light no one comes unto the father except through ME"

I am educated on both principles of Judaism and Toaism and there will always be similarities between Judaism and Christianity because Christianity stemmed from Judaism so the differences between the two make them distinct.

Taoism basically is a peace love and harmony philosophy a belief in ancestor spirits and nature much like the native Americans some believe in physical imortality.

How you have managed to blend the three the world may never know

Might want to consult the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu again Mr. President. Granted, there is quite a bit in there about harmony, but there is also quite a bit in there about discord also. By the way, ever hear of a person named Sun Tzu? He wrote "The Art of War". ALL of that is based on Taoist concepts, yet it is very far removed from peace and harmony, it is actually a manual on how to resolve conflict, and, also tells you when you are on certain kinds of ground. Oh yeah.....you may also wish to re-think about "peace and harmony" on the fact that Taoists were called "Scholar Warriors".

How did I manage to combine Judaism and Taoism? Simple.....the sages of both speak of the same things. Taoist philosophy is actually a real look at the way the world operates, as well as a way to make things better. Remember the last verse? "The way of Heaven is to help without harming, the way of the Sage is to act without struggling".

You can also do a lot more research on the 'net at a place called sacredtextarchives.com

I am aware of the Art of War I have the Denma Translation at my desk and interesting book however, we must be careful when we look at any of the derivatives seeing as Taoism has never in itself been established as one philosophy but multiple revelations of core beliefs.

A country where both are allowed to practice their religion or non-religion, without fear of reprisal from the other group.

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!

Wrong sealy. It's not so much the religion that is screwed, it is the spin that all the "spiritual leaders" use to placate the masses.

Incidentally, if you look at the 10 Commandments, they break down to 2 basic things....love and acknowledge who HaShem (God) is, and don't kill. The first 3 cover the first part, and the rest are just variations on the theme of don't kill. If you commit robbery (stealing), falsehoods (lying), or any of the other "Thou Shalt Not's", then you are in danger of being killed.

I kinda like the way Yeshua (Jesus) laid it down into 2 simple things.....Love God above all, and love others as you love yourself.

Not too hard is it?

Interesting conversation but not one person could answer the question. I think a country filled with people who practice Christianity would be much better than a country with people who do not, and better than a country full of people who only say they are Christians.

For those who know what Christianity is I think you would find this hard to disagree with.

Well KMan, tell us what you think Christianity is and isn't.

I'm betting that you have just as confused an outlook as most. Me? I'd prefer a nation full of Buddhists.

A long time ago there was an Asian kingdom. This kingdom routinly conquered significant parts of Northern India, sometimes took the Chinese Emperor prisoner and had a fairly well "nice time". Than the Chinese successfully converted them from their (cannibalistic) Böhm Cult to (a very peacefull subgroup of) Buddhism which lead to changes.
The Tibetans became peacefull and soon were nothing more than a Chinese puppet.

Bottomline 1: Why nations full of Buddhists may be nice, they tend to get conquered a lot.
Bottomline 2: No Empire ever survived becoming a theocracy.

Get conquered a lot? Hate to say, but the Buddhists as well as the Tibetan Monks are in no way "conquered".

No empire survived becoming a theocracy? Tell that to Bush Jr., McCain and Palin.

Forum List

Back