christians unite

Christians already elect Christians to public office--that is why we have so many public scandals!!!

Now, if you elected an Atheists to public office, we would not have public scandals. Every sin an atheists do is expected!! No scandal there!!

I will vote for anyone who will uphold the Constitution and the liberty that it provides. Regardless of religion or lack of religion.

Most people who are elected to office have Christian backgrounds and we have scandals galore. I don't think voting only Christians into office is going to make any difference at all.

I'll stick to voting against the parties in the Presidential election and decide what's best Senatorial and Representative regardless of religious affiliations.

In fact, now that I think about it, since Christian politicians make such poor example of Christ, maybe I should only vote for non-Christians.

Immie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibtUb0NeSuw]YouTube - Mahalia Jackson - Onward, Christian soldier[/ame]

Actually, most Christians are unwilling to serve in the military, as they think the Bible states something about "thou shalt not kill", when in reality, it really says "thou shalt not MURDER".

So, if they're gonna use a cop out like that to get out of service in the military, they should not be allowed to serve in politics.

Personally? I think that Robert A. Heinlein's book "Starship Troopers" had a better idea.

Only those who served 1 term (or more) Honorably should be allowed to vote. Civvies generally are unwilling to risk their ass for this country, because they'd rather soak up the freedoms while allowing others to pay the price.

christians should elect only christians to public office.

Which ones? There are many that call themselves Christians that others call cults. Should it just be Bible-believing Christians? Or should it be the ones who don't believe in drinking, dancing, makeup, etc? Then we have the Amish who don't believe in the use of electricity or photography, etc. That would probably get them the tree-hugger votes.

Only the military should be able to hold political office. Demonstrated leadership, a good world view with a bit of experience on foreign policy, would have had to paid attention to how the government works, and, most importantly, have demonstrated that this country is important enough to them that they were actually willing to put their own asses on the line for it.

Nope.......elect military before electing Christians.

Actually, most Christians are unwilling to serve in the military, as they think the Bible states something about "thou shalt not kill", when in reality, it really says "thou shalt not MURDER".

So, if they're gonna use a cop out like that to get out of service in the military, they should not be allowed to serve in politics.

Personally? I think that Robert A. Heinlein's book "Starship Troopers" had a better idea.

Only those who served 1 term (or more) Honorably should be allowed to vote. Civvies generally are unwilling to risk their ass for this country, because they'd rather soak up the freedoms while allowing others to pay the price.

I have to say- it was a GREAT post..

But I have to disagree with you on the military burden, to retain office. I am a Navy vet, and I agree that people who serve in the military are better equipped to take on certain roles of battle and commander. However, not everyone is suitable for the military- some people have skills unrelated to war that would best be proven through their education and civilian work history. Some people are very talented in combat overall, and willing to serve, but cannot get in due to having flat feet, or being color blind. I dont think those people should be disqualified from being able to hold a public office, just because they didn't serve.

Where is the evidence that "most Christians are unwilling to serve in the military?"

A lot of people cannot serve, or have jobs that serve the nation in a greater way. They should not be punished for that. I doubt that writer really thought that idea through.

Look what we have now, a man who says he is a Christian, but certainly doesn't support Christian values. I don't vote Christians into office, Says he is an American, but seems to be working hard to wreck the nation.

I vote people who I believe will do the best job. I don't vote regarding a party either.

Along with that, I believe God is willing to work His plan through whomever is in the position.

I am a Christian who understands we live in a country with a secular government. I have no desire to live under a government, even an elected government, that only prefers potential fanatics, religious or secular.

I am a Christian who understands we live in a country with a secular government. I have no desire to live under a government, even an elected government, that only prefers potential fanatics, religious or secular.

Why exactly does being religious make you a fanatic?

I have to say- it was a GREAT post..

But I have to disagree with you on the military burden, to retain office. I am a Navy vet, and I agree that people who serve in the military are better equipped to take on certain roles of battle and commander. However, not everyone is suitable for the military- some people have skills unrelated to war that would best be proven through their education and civilian work history. Some people are very talented in combat overall, and willing to serve, but cannot get in due to having flat feet, or being color blind. I dont think those people should be disqualified from being able to hold a public office, just because they didn't serve.

And sometimes the military gives you a Timothy McVeigh. There are a few people I served with I wouldn't like being in the same ocean with.

Where is the evidence that "most Christians are unwilling to serve in the military?"

A lot of people cannot serve, or have jobs that serve the nation in a greater way. They should not be punished for that. I doubt that writer really thought that idea through.

Look what we have now, a man who says he is a Christian, but certainly doesn't support Christian values. I don't vote Christians into office, Says he is an American, but seems to be working hard to wreck the nation.

I vote people who I believe will do the best job. I don't vote regarding a party either.

Along with that, I believe God is willing to work His plan through whomever is in the position.

I worked in recruiting for quite a while, and some of the places I had to go had lots of believers, who stated quite emphatically that they can't serve because the Bible says not to kill. Probably aren't compiled statistics, but I know what I've experienced.

If you can't join the military, but still want to? Easy........go work for a defense contractor, and you can have influence that way.

But bottom line.........if you're not willing to defend this country, you shouldn't be running it.

Forum List

Back