Christians to Confront Largest Mosque in Colorado

MissileMan said:
If you are standing on the sidewalk outside someone's house in the middle of the night, reciting Shakespeare at the top of your lungs, you might get arrested for, what? Disturbing the what? Peace maybe? No violence involved.

You know were not discussing the auditory form of peace. We're discussing peace as in peace versus war. Don't be a retard.

rtwngAvngr said:
You possess a hypersensitivity towards the actions of christians. You read an article about them going to talk and you assume violence. To me, this proves your bias.

You just can't help yourself can you? Re-read this entire thread and quote me saying that the Christians were going to do violence.

MissileMan said:
You just can't help yourself can you? Re-read this entire thread and quote me saying that the Christians were going to do violence.

What is your complaint then? In one concise sentence, please.

Missileman does not feel christians have the rights to assembly and free speech.

rtwngAvngr said:
You know were not discussing the auditory form of peace. We're discussing peace as in peace versus war. Don't be a retard.

I'm discussing peace versus discord. There can be no comparison to a busload of thumpers and terrorists, so using peace in the context of the antonym of war is inappropriate.

MissileMan said:
Problems are created by those who are only peaceful towards and accepting of other Christians and Christian beliefs.

THis sentence of yours implies your belief that the christians confronting the mosque will not be peaceful. That's peaceful according to the relevant definition.

rtwngAvngr said:
THis sentence of yours implies your belief that the christians confronting the mosque will not be peaceful. That's peaceful according to the relevant definition.

Only a total idiot would consider this a peaceful gesture.

MissileMan said:
Only a total idiot would consider this a peaceful gesture.

Let's quit playing with terms. Let's get to the brass tacks:

A. These Christians are completely within legal rights to go preach to these muslims.

B. Your perception/asssumption that christians discussing their faith is somehow not peaceful reveals your bias against christians. This is an act of compassion.

rtwngAvngr said:
Let's quit playing with terms. Let's get to the brass tacks:

A. These Christians are completely within legal rights to go preach to these muslims.

B. Your perception/asssumption that christians discussing their faith is somehow not peaceful reveals your bias against christians. This is an act of compassion.

It's an act of arrogance. Two-thirds of the world believe in something other than Christianity, yet even though in the minority, Christians assert they are the only ones with the truth.

Thanks for proving post #88 for me.

Mr. P said:
Translation...."You are wrong in your belief THUMP, this is the way THUMP, you're going to burn in hell THUMP, see the light THUMP"...

Hmm.. I've never met any Christians that share the Gospel that way

Now don't you think that's going to piss some if not all people off?
After all they feel as strongly about their religion as you do yours. How would it be if say a bunch of Muslims show up in the church parking lot on Sunday morning with their Koran and do the same? My guess is the police would be called in 5 seconds. Tolerance? Yeah sure. Not from THUMPERS..

Regardless of how strongly they feel about their religion - they're wrong.. Why do you assume that the Christians will get hostile?

The problem here is not a religion, it's a bunch of fanatical ass holes HIDING behind a religion. Go figure. There is no need to "Bring the Gospel" in an attempt to convert.

Actually, there is a need to "Bring the Gospel"...

Mark 16:15He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news (Gospel means "Good News") to all creation. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

MissileMan said:
It's an act of arrogance. Two-thirds of the world believe in something other than Christianity, yet even though in the minority, Christians assert they are the only ones with the truth.

All religions claim to have the truth. They differ in their tactics of persuasion. And again, you seem to be unable to differentiate between speech and violence.

And thank you for proving immutable truth #46: You're a lamo.

MissileMan said:

It's not arrogance when you know you're right... Christians aren't in the "minority" in all cases as you assert here... in fact, they are the largest religion in the world:

rel_pie.gif

According to Missileman, it is wrong for someone to believe their religion is correct. This is thought control. Only actions can be legal or illegal, not thoughts, yet.

MissileMan said:

First, faith is not based on the popularity of a given religion. Yes, Christians believe that their's is the one, true path to God and to salvation. There is ample historical evidence to back them up. So your claim that Christians are arrogant because they are not in the majority is simply not a supportable position.

Examine some of the other faiths. Bhudda warned his followers against worshipping him as a god, yet they did it anyway. Does that seem like a sound basis for a religion?

How about the Hindus and their pantheon of strange and bizarre gods. Sacred cows, my ass.

Like it or not, there is only one true God and the Christian religion follows His teachings. Unlike other religions, Christianity is not based on myth and legend. Nor is it like islam, which is based on the fevered, demented visions of a murderer and child molestor.

Oppose Christianity to your heart's content. But at least try to do it in a rational manner. If you actually spend some time comparing history to the Bible, you'll find an alarming number or similarities and coincidences.

God bless you.

rtwngAvngr said:
According to Missileman, it is wrong for someone to believe their religion is correct. This is thought control. Only actions can be legal or illegal, not thoughts, yet.

No, according to some Christians, it's unacceptable for non-Christians to believe in their own religion. The fanatacism to spread is on par with the radicals from other religions. The only difference is the means each are willing to use to achieve their goals.

MissileMan said:
No, according to some Christians, it's unacceptable for non-Christians to believe in their own religion.
All american christians I know accept that our country has religious freedom and are fine with that. Can you say the same of Muslim theocracies? the ones that breed terror.
The fanatacism to spread is on par with the radicals from other religions.
See. You absolutely must equate all religious thought with terrorism. I understand. Singling out islam for criticism is politically incorrect. Believe lies if you must.
The only difference is the means each are willing to use to achieve their goals.

the ONLY difference? The ONLY difference? Do you believe this difference to be insignificant? What's wrong with you?

Merlin1047 said:
First, faith is not based on the popularity of a given religion. Yes, Christians believe that their's is the one, true path to God and to salvation. There is ample historical evidence to back them up. So your claim that Christians are arrogant because they are not in the majority is simply not a supportable position.

Are you saying that God wants us all to be Christians, but made 2/3rds of the planet non- Christian just for grins? What possible purpose could there be for this?

Merlin1047 said:
Examine some of the other faiths. Bhudda warned his followers against worshipping him as a god, yet they did it anyway. Does that seem like a sound basis for a religion?

How about the Hindus and their pantheon of strange and bizarre gods. Sacred cows, my ass.

I'm an atheist. I don't think there's a sound basis for any religion.

Merlin1047 said:
Like it or not, there is only one true God and the Christian religion follows His teachings. Unlike other religions, Christianity is not based on myth and legend.

Since when?

Merlin1047 said:
Oppose Christianity to your heart's content. But at least try to do it in a rational manner. If you actually spend some time comparing history to the Bible, you'll find an alarming number or similarities and coincidences.

Referrences to real people and places in the Bible does not make it 100% fact. By that reasoning, the evilly-sentient automobile "Christine" was real because Steven King described the State of Maine throughout the book.

MissileMan said:
Are you saying that God wants us all to be Christians, but made 2/3rds of the planet non- Christian just for grins? What possible purpose could there be for this?

I'm an atheist. I don't think there's a sound basis for any religion.

Since when?

Referrences to real people and places in the Bible does not make it 100% fact. By that reasoning, the evilly-sentient automobile "Christine" was real because Steven King described the State of Maine throughout the book.

Try having this argument with a Muslim and odds are he'll shoot you in the face.

Forum List

Back