Christians on UHC

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
An Open Letter On Health Care to Conservative Christians in the U.S.

by Brian McLaren

Dear Friends,

"...Now, in the debate about health care, I am similarly disheartened to see the relative silence of thoughtful Christian voices as counterpoint to the predictable rhetoric of the more reactive voices. Over the last few weeks, I’ve been getting mass e-mails and Web links from evangelical and charismatic organizations that present frightening and outlandish claims about what President Obama is planning to do regarding health care. I’ve checked into these claims, and in case after case, they are simply false. They’re based on rumors spread by certain dramatic radio and cable-tv personalities, but they are not based in truth."

An Open Letter On Health Care to Conservative Christians in the U.S. - Brian McLaren - God’s Politics Blog

Interfaith Health-Care Reform

by Katherine Marshall 08-17-2009

"Hospital waiting rooms are glum places pretty much everywhere. People, sick or injured, wait and wait and wait. Nowhere are the huge gaps between rich and poor so graphically in evidence. That’s the essence of the American health reform challenge, however deeply it gets submerged in the passionate debates now raging: to bridge those gaps so that the misery of illness is not compounded by inability to pay."

The Truth about Immigrants and Health-Care Reform - Allison Johnson - God’s Politics Blog

Sign Here.

Take Action: A Christian Creed on Health-Care Reform

Interfaith Health-Care Reform - Katherine Marshall - God’s Politics Blog

Interesting, no comments from all the conservatives and republicans? What gives guys? All the sanctimonious piety must stop soon after the act is over?

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:8-9

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24

Why do you guys act surprised that American Evangelical Christians care nothing about anyone except how to scam their "flock"? Look at abortion. They want to get the kid born, but once it's born, "Hey, it's not MY kid. That's what you get for screwing. You made it, you take care of it. I'm not spending MY money on that kid."

What's worse. They will look at what I wrote, scratch first their head, then their balls, and say, "Hey, is he making fun of something I said?" They'll know they've been ridiculed, by not how.

Last edited by a moderator:
The libs support qualifying life. You must be of a certain age before you are considered human. What justifies the experimentation on people? This president has signed a bill that uses gov funds for just that: embryos (very young humans) are made for the specific reason of experimentation, and must be destroyed (murdered) if not used for that purpose. Many of the dems want the murder of babies (because they haven't been around long enough to be born), and want the gov to pay for that (research the god, molloch from ancient times). How can you ask for Christians to support this gov? The president himself has hinted that 'youth in Asia' (joke) should be an acceptable alternative (just take a pill). Christians believe life is precious. These bills do not state that, in many cases, the wording is all about death. How can you find Yeshua, when your gov decides if your life is worthy of continuing? The people that are supporting either the house or senate bill have mistaken their gov for their G*d, and can't understand why the rest of us are not ready to embrace men over G*d. Sorry, they are just men and will not do what they are promising.

Forum List

Back