Christians need to know the difference between acceptance and tolerance

Hey, Mr. Sensitive, I didn't say all Christians.
No but Christians in label of was enough.. Why not make up a lable for the ones whom you feel donot represent the other Christians in which you feel are ok maybe ? You know like perpetrator (the blacks love this word) or perp or "crazy people" who think in this way in which you speak of to be found in their mindset or bad seeds or infiltrators or misrepresentors or you get the point. Then we may understand your fairness and unbiased thinking if were to be the case, instead of your labeling many problems under one group name as you just did. It's not that hard to sperate in words, those individuals who are perps or infiltrators in society, and for who are found among many groups having the same M.O. everytime they strike or cause trouble in society.
Think about what I meant by the words "other Christians" and if you have a lick of sense you'll learn something.
How about this for starters, you could have said "It is found among certain groups and/or sometimes among many groups in society, a certain type of mindset or thought process in which is concerning sometimes to say the least about certain individuals who are found amongst the various groups" ? Then explain the mindset or process spoken of, yet still without (labeling any group), then let the people figure out who it is that you may be targetting amongst the groups, but not targetting the entire group by way of using the single label as you did.

This is how groups are sometimes attacked out in society, because people are to lazy once words are spoken in various ways, to then go out and to decern or disect the groups in order to expose the perps amongst them, and this by individual character and not by group name instead, so they (the ignorant) just attack the whole group under the label instead of seperating by the individual, who might be the problem the whole time and not the entire group.

Last edited:
Beagle, beagle, don't you know anything....we all must accept that Ravi is handicapped by her inability to communicate intelligibly via "word usage". This is why she adjours us to read her mind in order to discern what she REALLY means..since she is incapable of stringing together words and creating a complete and coherent thought.

She relies heavily on what she thinks are our esp powers, to intuit (and put into the words she does not have) what she REALLY means.

You must develop this skill, it is the only way to effectively communicate with Rav.

:smoke:

I know that many that state they tolerate gay folk mean that they respect them as people and may believe because of their religous beliefs that their lifestyle is wrong.
But my definition of tolerance is I tolerate hot weather, bad traffic, yellow jackets, fat loud mouth women and gnats in Hahira Ga.
I accept honest law abiding folk be they gay or straight or in between.
You forgot to mention, that you also respect certain people if they don't ram their lifestyles or ways down your throat (or) are wanting to bring their lifestyles in and around your children, especially if you are raising your children apart from such lifestyles or ways in which is your right also in America to do so, and this if choose this for them as your children in which you think is right for them as their parent(s) instead of the other forced choosings that some want to force on you or destroy you with, if you don't agree with them and/or choose them in the fullness of their ways like they want you to.

Slowly however the noose is tightening around yours and your families necks in America, because many people feel that the only way in which they will be accepted over time by you, is for the youth to be schooled at an early age in their lifestyle and ways (government teachings), and to teach them that it is all ok by what certain people do in life, and this regardless of what you want as a parent who is teaching them what you want them to learn in life instead.

The conflict will always be a big one for many, in which is found in and amongst these lifestyles and/or ways in which others (like many) are opposed to, especially for which certain people do think so much of these days, and in that they are engaged in certain things in which others are opposed to. The problem is that much of this stuff is slowly spilling over into other groups territory, just as they would or do figure it to be when this kind of stuff happens. Not sure what the answers are anymore for these kinds of things, but the battle just rages on doesn't it ?

I know that many that state they tolerate gay folk mean that they respect them as people and may believe because of their religous beliefs that their lifestyle is wrong.
But my definition of tolerance is I tolerate hot weather, bad traffic, yellow jackets, fat loud mouth women and gnats in Hahira Ga.
You forgot to mention, that you also respect certain people if they don't ram their lifestyles or ways down your throat (or) are wanting to bring their lifestyles in and around your children, especially if you are raising your children apart from such lifestyles or ways in which is your right also in America to do so, and this if choose this for them as your children in which you think is right for them as their parent(s) instead of the other forced choosings that some want to force on you or destroy you with, if you don't agree with them and/or choose them in the fullness of their ways like they want you to.

Slowly however the noose is tightening around yours and your families necks in America, because many people feel that the only way in which they will be accepted over time by you, is for the youth to be schooled at an early age in their lifestyle and ways (government teachings), and to teach them that it is all ok by what certain people do in life, and this regardless of what you want as a parent who is teaching them what you want them to learn in life instead.

The conflict will always be a big one for many, in which is found in and amongst these lifestyles and/or ways in which others (like many) are opposed to, especially for which certain people do think so much of these days, and in that they are engaged in certain things in which others are opposed to. The problem is that much of this stuff is slowly spilling over into other groups territory, just as they would or do figure it to be when this kind of stuff happens. Not sure what the answers are anymore for these kinds of things, but the battle just rages on doesn't it ?

I think you could take the main point of this, and easily apply it to everyone.

I worked a case a few years ago here where a man and his wife moved into town. He was an auto mechanic and after a few years of working at local repair shops he looked for a location to build his auto repair shop on. He found a realtor who happened to be from MY church, sang in the choir and was a big wig in the local church. The realtor found them a location at a very good intersection and they bought the lot for 120K. There was a disclosure clause in the contract that the seller know of no problems with the lot which included hazardous materials, dumping, etc. 6 months later they started construction on the lot. Turned out there was an entire building buried on this lot along with 20 feet deep filling of old construction materials and trash as this has been a dumping ground in the 70s. They had to pay 125K MORE to haul off the debris before they could build. The current building sits low at that intersection. They hired a law firm and the firm hired me to investigate. I found a local grader that had buried a lot of the materials there in the 70s for the past owners and he testified at court. I was so involved in this I went to the realtor that I knew from church. Facts were HE KNEW also. I inquired how could he do this, lie and fabricate this for a sale. This man was in his early 70s and a pillar in the community. "Dawg, this is what I do in the business world 6 days a week to make a living. This is business and what I do to make a sale. So what if we knew and did not tell the truth? God forgives me for my sins on Sunday when I ask for it".
Bull shit. He is going to burn in hell. This bit that one can do what they want, sin all they want and ask forgiveness and be saved one second before they die is Bull Shit.
If that is what Christianity is about then I want no part of it. Sin is not sin is not sin.
And we won the case awarding 250K to the man and his wife for real estate fraud.
That is NOT what Christianity is about.

That's what rationalization is about. A human being is capable of rationalizing any act at all. In his own mind, no criminal has committed a criminal act. They have all behaved rationally and logically.
:clap2:

Amy, did you know that God loves you?

See, I can do that as well. All perfectly within my rights, and violate none of yours.

Go figure. Liberty and freedom of speech are wonderful things.

Of course, anti-Christian bigots would like to see both limited, even eradicated.

But God loves you anyway.
Remember, the word "God" is offensive to some people...

...unless an angry liberal preacher follows it with "damn America".

Then it's cool.

Beagle, beagle, don't you know anything....we all must accept that Ravi is handicapped by her inability to communicate intelligibly via "word usage". This is why she adjours us to read her mind in order to discern what she REALLY means..since she is incapable of stringing together words and creating a complete and coherent thought.

She relies heavily on what she thinks are our esp powers, to intuit (and put into the words she does not have) what she REALLY means.

You must develop this skill, it is the only way to effectively communicate with Rav.

Even if I COULD read minds, I think the fine print on Ravi's would defeat me.

No but Christians in label of was enough.. Why not make up a lable for the ones whom you feel donot represent the other Christians in which you feel are ok maybe ? You know like perpetrator (the blacks love this word) or perp or "crazy people" who think in this way in which you speak of to be found in their mindset or bad seeds or infiltrators or misrepresentors or you get the point. Then we may understand your fairness and unbiased thinking if were to be the case, instead of your labeling many problems under one group name as you just did. It's not that hard to sperate in words, those individuals who are perps or infiltrators in society, and for who are found among many groups having the same M.O. everytime they strike or cause trouble in society.
Think about what I meant by the words "other Christians" and if you have a lick of sense you'll learn something.
How about this for starters, you could have said "It is found among certain groups and/or sometimes among many groups in society, a certain type of mindset or thought process in which is concerning sometimes to say the least about certain individuals who are found amongst the various groups" ? Then explain the mindset or process spoken of, yet still without (labeling any group), then let the people figure out who it is that you may be targetting amongst the groups, but not targetting the entire group by way of using the single label as you did.

This is how groups are sometimes attacked out in society, because people are to lazy once words are spoken in various ways, to then go out and to decern or disect the groups in order to expose the perps amongst them, and this by individual character and not by group name instead, so they (the ignorant) just attack the whole group under the label instead of seperating by the individual, who might be the problem the whole time and not the entire group.

How sad, Johnny can't learn.

Nope, disagree totally.
If parents are so feeble minded that their children are indoctrinated at any school or by any government entity then that is the parents fault.
These days everyone wants to pass the buck and blame someone else.
If one does believe that their children are being indoctrinated at school, which I believe is rare if at all as were YOU indoctrinated at the school you went to?, then one has the choice to be proactive and do something about it and not stand around claiming "My kid is being indoctrinated" with their thumbs up their ass.
Your entire premise is ass backwards, no pun intended.

How sad, Johnny can't learn.
Kidding me right ?

You call them Christians as so to attack Christians by attaching all of them to such activity or mindsets in your speak. This is where you fail in your opinion, and it is where you want it only one way in life, your way, and this by accusing a group not individuals mind you, about these sorts of things.

When people do the blacks in this way, it is Hell to pay afterwards by recieving a very strong rebuke, but the Christians are fair game I guess in your mindset, because they are what so meek and kind hearted maybe, that the wolves first play with them a little, before trying to eat them?
No but Christians in label of was enough.. Why not make up a lable for the ones whom you feel donot represent the other Christians in which you feel are ok maybe ? You know like perpetrator (the blacks love this word) or perp or "crazy people" who think in this way in which you speak of as to be found in their mindsets duly noted or bad seeds or infiltrators or misrepresentors and you get the point. Then we may understand your fairness and unbiased thinking if were to be the case, instead of your labeling many problems under one group name as you just did. It's not that hard to sperate in words, those individuals who are perps or infiltrators in society, and for who are found among many groups having the same M.O. everytime they strike or cause trouble in society.

perhaps you shouldn't tell someone smarter than you what to write?

and try reading with comprehension.

Nope, disagree totally.
If parents are so feeble minded that their children are indoctrinated at any school or by any government entity then that is the parents fault.
These days everyone wants to pass the buck and blame someone else.
If one does believe that their children are being indoctrinated at school, which I believe is rare if at all as were YOU indoctrinated at the school you went to?, then one has the choice to be proactive and do something about it and not stand around claiming "My kid is being indoctrinated" with their thumbs up their ass.
Your entire premise is ass backwards, no pun intended.
No dis-respect, but where have you been for the last 50 some odd years or more in this nation ?

Undoubtedly your head has been burried deep within the sand (or) either you have had no kids that have exposed you or them to the things, events and/or forced situations in which we have now ended up talking about (or) maybe you are wealthy and have been able to by pass a lot of the mess that everyone has been going through in this nation together. We have been in a culture war for years now in this nation, and more so within these schools (the front lines). Now all depending on the make up of cultures found within these schools, and/or the ratios/numbers of one culture over another within these schools, has determined character and always the outcomes for many as a result of, especially if those who are fewer in number became overwhelmed with or indoctronated within these schools at just the right age, be it via the culture wars or by government curriculum in which is molded by the culture wars going on outside of the school house walls.

No indoctronation going on in the public schools eh? Get real please !

Last edited:
No but Christians in label of was enough.. Why not make up a lable for the ones whom you feel donot represent the other Christians in which you feel are ok maybe ? You know like perpetrator (the blacks love this word) or perp or "crazy people" who think in this way in which you speak of as to be found in their mindsets duly noted or bad seeds or infiltrators or misrepresentors and you get the point. Then we may understand your fairness and unbiased thinking if were to be the case, instead of your labeling many problems under one group name as you just did. It's not that hard to sperate in words, those individuals who are perps or infiltrators in society, and for who are found among many groups having the same M.O. everytime they strike or cause trouble in society.

perhaps you shouldn't tell someone smarter than you what to write?

and try reading with comprehension.
Do you have something productive to say, or are you just blabbering to be heard ?

Last I checked no one was trying to force people to convert to Christianity and no one was trying to force people to get gay married.

Not the point of the thread.

The point is that tolerance and acceptance are two very different things but have come to mean the same thing to some

Right, I shouldn't have to tolerate atheists bullshit and I should have to tolerate them either..

You know why? because this is a free country...

Atheists can hold the same position but there should not be laws that pander to either side.....

People have the right to be religious and they have the right not to be.... None of that has anything to do with tolerance or acceptance when neither are valid when it comes to religion....

Tolerance and acceptance are personal virtues - not an ethic standard.

Forum List

Back