Christians killed for "defiling" the koran

What the hell are you babbling about now?

You do realize that nothing you say has one iota of truth to it, right? I have yet to see you post a sensible, let alone truthful, post.

You can't be talking to me. You don't know about the Christian genocide in Iraq?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTstzb7qSI4]YouTube - Bush protects Iraqi Christians[/ame]

No, the OT tells one specific group at a specific time to do so, in one specific place. There's no ongoing commandment that we go out and slaughter men, women & children, nor that we conquer the world.

Do you think we can confine ourselves to the PRESENT dangers of religious kookery?

Should of told that to the Popes of the Middle Ages. They would disagree. And do you think you know better than a pope? :eusa_eh:

Actually, it's funny you mention commandment by the way:

USCCB - NAB - Deuteronomy 13

Every command that I enjoin on you, you shall be careful to observe, neither adding to it nor subtracting from it.
1 "If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer who promises you a sign or wonder,
urging you to follow other gods, whom you have not known, and to serve them: even though the sign or wonder he has foretold you comes to pass,
pay no attention to the words of that prophet or that dreamer; for the LORD, your God, is testing you to learn whether you really love him with all your heart and with all your soul.
The LORD, your God, shall you follow, and him shall you fear; his commandment shall you observe, and his voice shall you heed, serving him and holding fast to him alone.
But that prophet or that dreamer shall be put to death, because, in order to lead you astray from the way which the LORD, your God, has directed you to take, he has preached apostasy from the LORD, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and ransomed you from that place of slavery. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.
"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or your intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known,
gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other:
do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him,
but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you.
You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the LORD, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery.
And all Israel, hearing of it, shall fear and never again do such evil as this in your midst.
"If, in any of the cities which the LORD, your God, gives you to dwell in, you hear it said
that certain scoundrels have sprung up among you and have led astray the inhabitants of their city to serve other gods whom you have not known,
you must inquire carefully into the matter and investigate it thoroughly. If you find that it is true and an established fact that this abomination has been committed in your midst,
you shall put the inhabitants of that city to the sword, dooming the city and all life that is in it, even its cattle, to the sword.
Having heaped up all its spoils in the middle of its square, you shall burn the city with all its spoils as a whole burnt offering to the LORD, your God. Let it be a heap of ruins forever, never to be rebuilt.
You shall not retain anything that is doomed, that the blazing wrath of the LORD may die down and he may show you mercy and in his mercy for you may multiply you as he promised your fathers on oath;
because you have heeded the voice of the LORD, your God, keeping all his commandments which I enjoin on you today, doing what is right in his sight.

You were saying? :eusa_eh:

Thank you for proving exactly what I said. A specific city, in a specific time.

And thanks also for proving you can't find any current example of Christians calling on Christians to slaughter those of other religions.

Thank you for proving exactly what I said. A specific city, in a specific time.

And thanks also for proving you can't find any current example of Christians calling on Christians to slaughter those of other religions.

There isn't specific cities or specific times. Every single commandment was suppose to carry a death sentence if it was broken.

Oh, and if you want non-specific:

Passage: Deuteronomy 13:7-12 (ESV Bible Online)

some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, 8 you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. 9 But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. 10 You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 11 And all Israel shall hear and fear and never again do any such wickedness as this among you.

So that's strike one and two on your part.

As for your dishonest point, it is quite obvious that Christianity has realized that the best way to gain followers it to not kill them or the followers of other religions. However, plenty of "God-Loving Christians" still promote the death of those who follow the religion of Islam. Christianity also still supports unprogressive ideas and are actually stuck in the 12th century in several ways.

I've been down this road so many times before, and I never fail to be amazed at the people who believe Christians are on a par with Islam fundamentalists.

You won't find any footage of wild-eyed Christians calling for the death of non-believers. Nor will you find them recruiting youngsters as suicide bombers.

But if it makes you feel better to support those people, have at. At some point you'll have to answer for it, and your excuses will sound as lame then as they do now.

I've been down this road so many times before, and I never fail to be amazed at the people who believe Christians are on a par with Islam fundamentalists.

You won't find any footage of wild-eyed Christians calling for the death of non-believers. Nor will you find them recruiting youngsters as suicide bombers.

But if it makes you feel better to support those people, have at. At some point you'll have to answer for it, and your excuses will sound as lame then as they do now.
It's the lame "you too" argument. But it does nothing to mitigate the fact that some human beings were killed because some were offended with what they did to a book. That IS insane.

"Those people" do you mean Muslims or the Terrorists? I don't support the terrorists. I do support the hard working, law abiding Muslims however who you decide to paint with your very large brush. I'm a Christian, and I don't par Christianity with Islam fundamentalists. However, if you actually believe the Bible is perfect and doesn't have much of the same shit that you distest now, you're lying to yourself. Much of what the Bible says to do is what those fundamentalists are doing now.

I have a feeling you're one of those types who ignore the dark mark that Christianity had upon history.

It's the lame "you too" argument. But it does nothing to mitigate the fact that some human beings were killed because some were offended with what they did to a book. That IS insane.

It is insane. I don't think anyone here is saying it isn't.

Despite your desire to derail the thread, this thread isn't about Christianity or about the perfection of the bible. It's about Muslims slaughtering women and children for defiling a book. You can't even address the topic. All you can do is rail about how horrible Christians were 3 thousand years ago.

Sort of reminiscent of your political garbage, where every topic is met with "but Bush did this..." and "bush did that" instead of actually addressing the topic.

Followed by making ridiculous claims, then insisting that the people who disagree with you prove the negative.

Buck up and learn how to debate. For now you're just boring.

And the "you too" argument is lame, IMO, as it's a logical fallacy.

There is no 'you too' argument. I'm merely pointing out that the Bible is not perfect. Do take note that the original comment I posted to was Allie's comment that the Koran tells Muslims to tell Christians.

So it was a comparison of holy books.

Also Allie, you can't even get your dates right, but it's alright.

Sort of reminiscent of your political garbage, where every topic is met with "but Bush did this..." and "bush did that" instead of actually addressing the topic.

Followed by making ridiculous claims, then insisting that the people who disagree with you prove the negative.

Buck up and learn how to debate. For now you're just boring.

Got to love the personal attacks because you can't handle the truth. Anything else? Since now you're derailing the thread too. :D

That is what the 'you too' argument is, Dogbert.

Don't take what I said out of context. You're ignoring Allie's original comment that I responded to. If she cares to make such wide brushes about a holy book with no evidence, then I figure someone might as well call her out with evidence.

And the "you too" argument is lame, IMO, as it's a logical fallacy.

There is no 'you too' argument. I'm merely pointing out that the Bible is not perfect. ....
That is what the 'you too' argument is, Dogbert.

Don't take what I said out of context. You're ignoring Allie's original comment that I responded to. If she cares to make such wide brushes about a holy book with no evidence, then I figure someone might as well call her out with evidence.
Irrespective of the context, that is exactly what the tu quoque argument is.

Read: Tu Quoque

I'm almost sure I've provided this information to you before.

Huh? It took the USA 200 years to become a constitutional republic? Not quite, we were on the day we were born.
You had constitutional rights if you were a white, land-owning male. Women, as you will recall, were deprived of the right to vote until 1920. Blacks have been treated as property or worse throughout most of this nation's existence.

And, yeah. I actually view others as capable human beings and have reasonable expectations for them to free themselves from the oppression of their theocracies.
Right. I take it you'd be leading the charge against the world's 6th-largest military if you were an illiterate farmer pulling in less than $3,000 a year.

Hang on, I'll let you know after I use a few more pages to clean my kitchen counter after trimming some pork chops. Don't interrupt me while I'm celebrating my freedom.
Clean away. I've witnessed worse in person.

Huh? It took the USA 200 years to become a constitutional republic? Not quite, we were on the day we were born.
You had constitutional rights if you were a white, land-owning male. Women, as you will recall, were deprived of the right to vote until 1920. Blacks have been treated as property or worse throughout most of this nation's existence. ...
Good point.

And, yeah. I actually view others as capable human beings and have reasonable expectations for them to free themselves from the oppression of their theocracies.
Right. I take it you'd be leading the charge against the world's 6th-largest military if you were an illiterate farmer pulling in less than $3,000 a year. ....
I would be leading the charge, even if no one followed me, to overthrow any theocracy in which I lived. I loathe theocracies because I loathe oppression. There is no doubt about that.

Hang on, I'll let you know after I use a few more pages to clean my kitchen counter after trimming some pork chops. Don't interrupt me while I'm celebrating my freedom.
Clean away. I've witnessed worse in person.
Your beliefs are your beliefs and I won't demean you for them. But ANYONE who wants to tell me what I can do with a book or any other blaspmy-based law will get my distain and I celebrate my freedom to blaspheme as I wish. And anyone who wants to try to offend me for my beliefs will likely find that I will laugh just as hard about most of it. I am not so insecure about my beliefs that I have to be offended by another's not sharing them or even criticism of them. I like free speech too much.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back