Christians...justify hell

If they wanted you to go there, why would they work so hard trying to prevent you from sending yourself there.

froggy, you talk as if you think humans choose to go to hell. I just don't see how that's the case. I know of noone that would choose neverending torment and fire.

But it is your choice: Romans 10:9-10,13
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Nowhere in those verses does it state that any person goes to hell out of their own volition. Now, if someone goes to hell and takes a cell phone picture of the events down there, and returns to ground level and shows everyone what awaits, then yes, it is a choice as it's fact. But right now, it is just a place in a book. I can quote in the bible where snakes and donkey's speak, does that mean they actually can?

2010-07-22.gif

If you don't want to worship God then don't. I don't have to justify anything to you. If after we die and there is no God then fine, we just stay in the ground. But if there is a God, you're fucked! You know this and can't handle it.

Besides, if you were really tough, you'd question Muslims who want to cut your head off, not Christians who are polite to you.

polite?

ya mean...like YOU polite?

let's face it...

the guy is right...

you worship a rotten god....

obviously you are are SOOOOO afraid of your rottengod that you will do ANYTHING to please him...

kinda like the way some germans bowed to hitler

you're a coward
afraid to stand up to your deranged god

I would RATHEr burn in hell forever than worship such a sick, twisted, deranged god

cus I am a FREE MAN

you're just a worm

Once again for the slow. A fiery pit of Hell does not exist. It will never exist. When you die you die. You remain dead with NO shift to hell or heaven or purgatory or any other place. You die and stay dead. The Bible discusses this in several places. When your dead you are referred to as sleeping, you have NO INTERACTION with anyone or anything.

No one save Jesus has ascended to Heaven. The Bible makes this clear. I believe in John it is stated no man save he that has descended from Heaven has ever ascended to Heaven. That is Jesus.

NO hell exists.

Now if you want to discuss man made Hell... we can do that. It is said Satan rules Hell, right? Until the end of times Satan rules EARTH. God gave Earth and man up to be ruled by Satan in his attempt to prove man did not need God. So I guess Hell is Earth until Judgement Day.

At Judgement Day those found wanting will be returned to permanent death. Those found acceptable will be given everlasting Life on a restored Earth while 144000 selected individuals will become spirits and ascend to Heaven.

No flesh and blood person lives in heaven, only spirits.

Hell is the final abode for people who do not buy into the religion that is Christianity. For a Christian to say hell is metaphorical or that they don't believe in a hoof fed- devil, to me it's like saying Superman is real, but Batman is just a character in a book.

A "loving", compassionate God creates hell. That idea just doesn't sit right with me first of all. Jesus himself alludes to hell often in his ever so foggy parables. "There is constant weeping, and knashing of teeth". Mark 16:16 sums up Christianity perfectly:
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not will be condemned.
Those are Jesus' words.

Hell is a superb idea to further and attract followers to any idea. Without the idea of punishment, any religion would break in shambles. If there is no punishment for not following bibleGod, what's the incentive to be by him? I liken it to if you never, ever yelled or scolded your kids. When the time comes for mischief, they will think to themselves, "Geese, my parents never punished me, so what do I have to lose by acting up?"

Christians insist that we have free will, but if we don't use it just the way the character biblegod wants, we're to be tortured. It's a bit like if a robber points a gun at your temple and says, "Gimme your wallet, but you can choose not to, but if you don't I will kill you."

That's kinda what we get. BibleGod doesn't give us free will here, as we can see he doesn't respect our choice IF we choose to not believe in him. If he did, the truth of the matter is he would just accept it and have a nice day. But this is not what we see in Christian theology. It's God acts as the jealous stalker ex-boyfriend, who so desperately needs love, he needs that sense of ownership, and if he doesn't get it, he resorts to killing the person. (hell)

Hell is an unimaginable, terrible, horrendous concept. The mere idea that a hampster, let alone a human being will undergo endless torture is straight fucked up, and definitely makes one question the "loving" God attribute. Infinite torture is a punishment in access of anything anyone deserves. I don't care if your the scum of the earth, NOBODY deserves endless torment. No purpose is served by it except divine vengeance. It's kinda like getting caught stealing a Snicker's bar and getting a life sentence for it. It's totally stupid and barbaric. How can anyone be punished infinitely for crimes they commit in a human lifetime? It just doesn't wash.
And you talk about how Christians interpret the Bible???

Tortured?
Burned for eternity?

Scripture?
Bumping this because I'd like to know where the Bible says that, if I'm a bad boy, I'm going to be tortured for all eternity

No one save Jesus has ascended to Heaven. The Bible makes this clear. I believe in John it is stated no man save he that has descended from Heaven has ever ascended to Heaven. That is Jesus.
2 KINGS 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. 12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.

Hell is the final abode for people who do not buy into the religion that is Christianity. For a Christian to say hell is metaphorical or that they don't believe in a hoof fed- devil, to me it's like saying Superman is real, but Batman is just a character in a book.

A "loving", compassionate God creates hell. That idea just doesn't sit right with me first of all. Jesus himself alludes to hell often in his ever so foggy parables. "There is constant weeping, and knashing of teeth". Mark 16:16 sums up Christianity perfectly:
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not will be condemned.
Those are Jesus' words.

Hell is a superb idea to further and attract followers to any idea. Without the idea of punishment, any religion would break in shambles. If there is no punishment for not following bibleGod, what's the incentive to be by him? I liken it to if you never, ever yelled or scolded your kids. When the time comes for mischief, they will think to themselves, "Geese, my parents never punished me, so what do I have to lose by acting up?"

Christians insist that we have free will, but if we don't use it just the way the character biblegod wants, we're to be tortured. It's a bit like if a robber points a gun at your temple and says, "Gimme your wallet, but you can choose not to, but if you don't I will kill you."

That's kinda what we get. BibleGod doesn't give us free will here, as we can see he doesn't respect our choice IF we choose to not believe in him. If he did, the truth of the matter is he would just accept it and have a nice day. But this is not what we see in Christian theology. It's God acts as the jealous stalker ex-boyfriend, who so desperately needs love, he needs that sense of ownership, and if he doesn't get it, he resorts to killing the person. (hell)

Hell is an unimaginable, terrible, horrendous concept. The mere idea that a hampster, let alone a human being will undergo endless torture is straight fucked up, and definitely makes one question the "loving" God attribute. Infinite torture is a punishment in access of anything anyone deserves. I don't care if your the scum of the earth, NOBODY deserves endless torment. No purpose is served by it except divine vengeance. It's kinda like getting caught stealing a Snicker's bar and getting a life sentence for it. It's totally stupid and barbaric. How can anyone be punished infinitely for crimes they commit in a human lifetime? It just doesn't wash.

Your entire post is gibberish and can not be substantiated by anything in the Bible.

Those are Jesus' words.

What an interesting idea. Hell doesn't exist, because the concept of it existing "doesn't sit right" with you, and therefore unless someone can "justify" it, it's not there.

This argument is like me saying, "Justify San Francisco. The concept of San Francisco doesn't sit right with me. San Francisco is an unimaginable, terrible, horrendous concept. No purpose is served by it. Therefore, it doesn't wash. There's no San Francisco."

Places either exist or they don't. It doesn't matter a damn whether or not you or anyone else LIKES them existing. "I don't like it" is not an argument against whether or not something is real.

Those are Jesus' words.

What an interesting idea. Hell doesn't exist, because the concept of it existing "doesn't sit right" with you, and therefore unless someone can "justify" it, it's not there.

This argument is like me saying, "Justify San Francisco. The concept of San Francisco doesn't sit right with me. San Francisco is an unimaginable, terrible, horrendous concept. No purpose is served by it. Therefore, it doesn't wash. There's no San Francisco."

Places either exist or they don't. It doesn't matter a damn whether or not you or anyone else LIKES them existing. "I don't like it" is not an argument against whether or not something is real.

Can't San Francisco be justified? If not, why not? Or does that just make your whole argument suffer an epic fail?

Without hell, the church has no control over you and religion would basically condone anything because there would be no punishment for not obeying the church.

Added question: Does a pedophile priest go to hell? Or can he be forgiven and still make it to heaven?

Anyone can be forgiven if they repent. Even you and me.

So why be good your whole life if you can just repent at the end? :lol:

Because most people don't know they're AT the end long enough to do it. "lol" What kind of dumbass bets on having a long, lingering death with lots of time for deathbed contemplation instead of, for example, getting hit by a bus?

Those are Jesus' words.

Can't San Francisco be justified? If not, why not? Or does that just make your whole argument suffer an epic fail?

You think saying, "Can't San Francisco be justified" constitutes a crushing rhetorical victory? Who've you been debating with up until now, the local nursery school?

If you're so sure that San Francisco is self-evidently justifiable, then do so. Personally, I think the place was an improbable, incomprehensible hellhole that sucked like a turbo-charged Hoover. Doesn't mean it doesn't still exist, and you or anyone else disliking the concept of Hell means just as little to whether or not IT exists.

See if you can manage, somewhere in your muddled ramblings, to address the point that reality exists whether people like it or approve of it or not.

The simple fact of the matter is that there is no Hell in the Bible. There is a lake of fire prepared for the Devil and his angles. Into it will be thrown the Antichrist (The president of Turkey who is now in office), and the False Prophet (Muhammad). The bodies of the slain who did not seek after god in their lifetimes are also disposed of in the lake of fire. They are burned up into ashes.

The souls of those who rejected God are sent to Outer Darkness where they are AWAY from God for all eternity. God says that there is no fellowship in outer darkness, only the unbeliever with his thoughts for all eternity. He gets no God because he did not want God. Sounds fair to me. Read about it all in Mathew, and do not believe these lying shitheads who talk about eternal punishment in the lake of fire. They are lying through their teeth doing the work of Satan.

I can't believe I read through a whole thread on this topic, and didn't see these verses. I wish to know other people's thoughts on them, if you don't read the whole quote at least read the last verse please:

According to Revelation 20:12-15:

"And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."

This begs the question, how do you get your name written in the book of life? From what I have been taught and read, it is those who accept that they are sinners and that believe Jesus Christ died on the cross for their sins, and that he is risen!

The question is, how do Christians justify Hell, why would God do this? #1 I think is that God does not wish for anyone to go to hell. As 2 Peter 3:9 says, "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." God doesn't want anyone to perish.... which means to die (spiritually) and go to hell. God doesn't want YOU to go to hell. He loves you and sent his son Jesus Christ to die on the cross so you can be saved. Saved from what? From eternal torment in hell. Why eternal torment in Hell? Because we have all sinned against a righteous and holy God. God is so uncomprehensibly holy and just and good that eternal torment in Hell is a just punishment for those that won't accept or believe in His Son that He sent.

In short, if you start to think about how holy God is, you will begin to understand why Hell is so terrible for those that deny Him.

I myself don't claim to understand or comprehend it fully. I came to this thread because I myself was questioning how fair it was for people to be tormented eternally in a lake of fire for the choices they make on Earth. I myself want to know the truth. I am just simply stating what I know from the Bible.

Thanks for reading :eek:

Forum List

Back