Christians are our friends but Christianity is our enemy?

LOL, ekrem...

Let's hope Ataturk rather than Khomeini will have the final say in the ME.

José;3172462 said:
LOL, ekrem...

Let's hope Ataturk rather than Khomeini will have the final say in the ME.

The US is fighting about 3.000 full-time non-state fighters in Afghanistan.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/30/world/asia/30afghan.html?_r=1

So, if this is going to be a religious war, as Islam was identified to be the enemy, then do you think, that in a religious war this whole thing will be limited to 3.000 - 10.000 Taliban, poorly equipped and poorly financed through Heroin production in Afghanistan?

How much ressources(money+human capital) of the Muslim world currently do flow into this perceived war given the Muslim world is 1.X Billion people?
What would happen if the conviction also becomes prevailing in Muslim world to at least pay obligations into this war, let's say 0.1% of world Muslims beginning to finance a confrontation or resistance...
On this level we are still not talking about nation involvement into this whole issue, that would again take it to a different level.

Last edited:
Fighting the Jews and Christians is legislated because They are Idolators and Disbelievers

Allah the Exalted encourages the believers to fight the polytheists, disbelieving Jews and Christians, who uttered this terrible statement and utter lies against Allah, the Exalted. As for the Jews, they claimed that `Uzayr was the son of God, Allah is free of what they attribute to Him. As for the misguidance of Christians over `Isa, it is obvious. This is why Allah declared both groups to be liars,

[ذلِكَ قَوْلُهُم بِأَفْوَهِهِمْ]

If you were truly a friend of Christians you would not think of Christianity as your enemy.

If you were truly a friend of Christians you would not think of Christianity as your enemy.

I never said Christians are my true friends.
And of which Christians do we talk, the Christian backstreet sects of the USA or European Christians. There is a lot of difference between an Italian Catholic or German Evangelical and an American province Christian indoctrinating his children in Jesus Camps to fight the coming war.

This thread is the matching part to the "Islam is our enemy thread".
So, where is your comment to that thread, and what tells the absence of your comment in that thread?

I never said Christians are my true friends.
And of which Christians do we talk, the Christian backstreet sects of the USA or European Christians. There is a lot of difference between an Italian Catholic or German Evangelical and an American province Christian indoctrinating his children in Jesus Camps to fight the coming war.

This thread is the matching part to the "Islam is our enemy thread".
So, where is your comment to that thread, and what tells the absence of your comment in that thread?

I didn't notice that thread...I noticed this thread.

Christians are our friends but Christianity is our enemy?

Discuss.

(...)

And I gave you your answer.
What do you have to say to the observation that US already went morally bankrupt as was seen in Abu-Ghraib, the reason/justification for the war, and the fact, that the State Department is really publishing some "Human Rights" reports about foreign countries which is more of a comedy given the mentioned moral bankruptcy of the USA itself.

(...)

And I gave you your answer.

What do you have to say to the observation that US already went morally bankrupt as was seen in Abu-Ghraib, the reason/justification for the war, and the fact, that the State Department is really publishing some "Human Rights" reports about foreign countries which is more of a comedy given the mentioned moral bankruptcy of the USA itself.

:lol: Your answer? I didn't even ask a question...

If you were truly a friend of Christians you would not think of Christianity as your enemy...

"I never said Christians are my true friends."

As far as Abu-Ghraib and the war...The USA is far from morally bankrupt and you know it, asshole. :cuckoo:

Real Christians are fine folks.
Religion is the problem.
And religion preaching politics is a double whammy.

(...)
The USA is far from morally bankrupt and you know it, asshole. :cuckoo:

If the US isn't morally bankrupt, then how do you explain Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib and the Iraq invasion.
We don't talk about some Copperfield magic trick where the US public one morning woke up and saw their troops invading a country in an aggressive act.
The whole process leading to the invasion was carried out shoulder-to-shoulder between the public and the administration. You claim to be a democracy, so how can there be a war which is not wanted by the public?
We don't really like your 'embedded journalism'...

Valerie said:

Hurts to hear the truth or what?
You have a bizarre self-perception.

The US is not morally bankrupt, not all of us are right wingnuts.

You are the minority.
The whole Iraq subject is the best evidence for the standard of your journalism and respect for human rights.

You can not erase the first decade of the new century from history.
It is as it is. The US has no authority to criticize these kind of issues in any foreign country. If China is subject to criticism in Tibet or Xinjian, then US is subject to even more criticism as the actions of USA in Iraq effected a broader geography, by far a bigger body-count.
And let's be honest, the Chinese don't show-up in-front of world's TV-Cameras and pretend to swing the colt in the name of liberty and human rights.

The US is not morally bankrupt, not all of us are right wingnuts.

You are the minority.

The whole Iraq subject

is the best evidence for

the standard of

your journalism

and respect for human rights.

You can not erase

the first decade of

the new century from

history.

It is as it is.

The US has no authority

to criticize

these kind of issues

in any foreign country.

If China is subject to criticism in Tibet or Xinjian,

then US is subject to even more criticism

as the actions of USA in Iraq effected a broader geography,

by far a bigger body-count.

And let's be honest,

the Chinese don't show-up in-front of world's TV-Cameras and

pretend to swing the colt in the name of

liberty and human rights.

So you think the USA only pretends to stand for liberty and human rights...?

Which is why you pretend to be a friend to Christians...? :cuckoo:

:lol: That's my perception of you!

There are constants throughout history which outlive cultures and national entities.
Islam is a trans-national constant of that history. As long as humans live, it will have its adherents on a still growing curve.

So, if in the West (USA) Islam is increasingly identified to be the enemy on a broader basis, then why should this not happen also on the other side as a reaction?
Now your propaganda will tell you, that this already happened, but as I see it, there is only resistance to the USA financed from small charities and from the wealth of the Bin-Laden circle. Then, some 3.000 to 10.000 combatants which are profiting from this finances dubbed as Taliban-AlQaeda mix.
It is just a thinking game, if you can follow me. No science-fiction, it's written in history.

And to the Christian-friend thing. I don't really consider Americans to be friends, but I have a lot of friends across Europe.

:lol: That's my perception of you!

There are constants throughout history which outlive cultures and national entities.
Islam is a trans-national constant of that history. As long as humans live, it will have its adherents on a still growing curve.

So, if in the West (USA) Islam is increasingly identified to be the enemy on a broader basis, then why should this not happen also on the other side as a reaction?
Now your propaganda will tell you, that this already happened, but as I see it, there is only resistance to the USA financed from small charities and from the wealth of the Bin-Laden circle. Then, some 3.000 to 10.000 combatants which are profiting from this finances dubbed as Taliban-AlQaeda mix.
It is just a thinking game, if you can follow me. No science-fiction, it's written in history.

And to the Christian-friend thing. I don't really consider Americans to be friends, but I have a lot of friends across Europe.

You are the one who has identified Christianity as an enemy. Christianity has done no such thing...Declaring Islam it's enemy? :cuckoo:

The USA does not identify and operate as a Christian entity...We declared war or on TERROR..not Islam.

Forum List

Back