Christians and Anger

Anti-Christian crowd.

And I'd like to address not wanting people to be happy, but wanting people to have what's BEST for them.

An outsider isn't the person to determine what is "best" for another. That is a strictly individual decision. And if one has done what is "best" for himself, then it is likely that person is happy.

I have a serious problem with people thinking they can determine what is "best" for others, because generally that indicates a power issue, and a desire to control the lives of others.

When you say Jesus "whipped the shit out of them" can you please show PROOF in the Bible where it says that Jesus WHIPPED them?

Jesus DID NOT TOUCH one hair on their bodies, did not hit them, did not slap them, did not twist or break any arms on them nor did he pick up a whip and whip them.

I call bull crud on what you just implied Neubarth! Except the part where you said he scared them with the flipping of their tables. :)

Also, not once did Jesus call anyone a VILE name....he reprimanded the ideas of the religious and he mocked some of their interpretations of God's words, and He continually was tested by the Pharisees but He ALWAYS answered them with a parable that showed them the errors of their ways....

HE GENTLY explained to the crowd where they went wrong in their "thinking".

You are making TOOOOOO MUCH stuff up Neubarth that is not in the Bible....imho!

Care

Ummm........Care..........might wanna reconsider what you've just wrote dear.

Check the link.......

Matthew 21:12 And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all those

No, he used a rope and beat them.

I was never under the impression that he was gentle with the money changers.

However I always thought this was yet another lesson Jesus was teaching. There is a time and a place for anger and for action...and that time and place is when corruption enters the church.

No, he used a rope and beat them.

I was never under the impression that he was gentle with the money changers.

However I always thought this was yet another lesson Jesus was teaching. There is a time and a place for anger and for action...and that time and place is when corruption enters the church.

Actually Allie, it should be whenever corruption (going against HaShem's laws) is ANYWHERE.

Anger against pedophiles? Great!

Anger against hunger and cruelty? Equally good.

Anger against anything against the Big 10? Also Great!

Anger because American Idol didn't advance your favorite idiot? Total crap.

Actually Allie, it should be whenever corruption (going against HaShem's laws) is ANYWHERE.

Anger against pedophiles? Great!

Anger against hunger and cruelty? Equally good.

Anger against anything against the Big 10? Also Great!

Anger because American Idol didn't advance your favorite idiot? Total crap.
dang, what did college sports do now

:lol:

Says who? You? Spare me.

Christ is adamant that we treat one another, including our enemies, with love, compassion and gentleness. But the only time he shows anger is when the church is corrupted.

Thanks, I'll trust the actual bible over your ill-informed ramblings any day of the week.

Thanks, I'll trust the actual bible over your ill-informed ramblings any day of the week.

Hey....the Bible can be trusted.

The ramblings of your spiritual leaders? Well......considering that they are human, and prone to failing, I'd be suspect.

Helps if you have more than 1 theology/philosophy under your belt.

But.....keep on with that if it helps you sleep at night.

Says who? You? Spare me.

Christ is adamant that we treat one another, including our enemies, with love, compassion and gentleness. But the only time he shows anger is when the church is corrupted.
I'm looking forward to the day I see you treat anyone who disagrees with your views with love, compassion and gentleness.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked up your link. I may be wrong here, but this makes it sound as if every Jew and non-Christian is the anti-Christ.

Is that your belief?

The Antichrist will be a Christian in disguise....a wolf in sheeps clothing.... is my understanding.

It will be a MALE leader.....(one reason I was supporting Hillary! :D she could not be the future bad "guy"!!!! :lol: )

I'm looking forward to the day I see you treat anyone who disagrees with your views with love, compassion and gentleness.
Within the framework of the question as you have asked it I would say no that is not what I bellieve Sky.

Did you read the full chapter 4 of 1 John in the link?

Forum List

Back