"Christianity" is not a religion.

Sorry bout that,

1. Why do the heatherns rage towards Christianity?
2. While turning a blind eye towards other *so-called* religions?
3. I believe they protesteth tooooooo much.:cuckoo:
4. Day in day out, these heatherns try to undermine Jesus, why is that, has Jesus done something to them?
5. Or is it, they actually know who Jesus is, and want to play Judas.
6. It makes me wonder????:confused:
7. Notice how they nearly never play Judas towards any other, *so-called* religions.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Why do the heatherns rage towards Christianity?
2. While turning a blind eye towards other *so-called* religions?
3. I believe they protesteth tooooooo much.:cuckoo:
4. Day in day out, these heatherns try to undermine Jesus, why is that, has Jesus done something to them?
5. Or is it, they actually know who Jesus is, and want to play Judas.
6. It makes me wonder????:confused:
7. Notice how they nearly never play Judas towards any other, *so-called* religions.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. heathens are only people who cults have not assimilated
2. all religions are cults. No blind eye about it
3. i believe that christians dont like it that they are a cult.
4. jesus was a man. The people that followed him were his cult following
5. jesus works in my kitchen, i know him well
6. makes me wonder why jesus wants to be called angle instead of jesus.
7. i mock all cults equally.

sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:
Do you agree with this statement?

"Christianity" is not a religion.

please post your reasons with your answer.

That's true[ish] If you think a grouping is required to be a religion.

Catholics
Baptist
Jews
Muslims
Mormons

Those are religions. they are organisations complete with heirarchies [ranks].

Chistians are people that beleive in Christ. No church is required.

I would be considered a Christian. Much of what he taught was brilliant, but then I'd also be a Buddist, Taoist, etc, etc...

Not quite. Christians do not simply "believe in Christ", whatever that even means. Specifically, to qualify as "Christian", an individual or group must believe in the divinity of Christ. Thus, there are Muslims and Jews and others who profess to believe that Jesus Christ was "a prophet", "a great teacher", or some other permutation that allows them to respect His teachings, but they are not Christians.

I don't care what a dictionary say's,it also says hell is a place where people are tormented. NO,Christianity is not a religion. If Christianity was a religion we would all be going to the same church. Religion is a creation of man ,not God. Did Abraham need a religion ? Did Joshua or job need a religion ? A Christian is anyone who accepts and puts faith in the son of God.

Interesting. So what you're saying is that you don't give a damn what words actually MEAN, what you care about is what you've decided that they mean, and that whole "communication" aspect of language - you know, the purpose for which it exists? - can get stuffed.

Now that we've covered your megalomaniac desire to remake reality to suit you, perhaps we could get back to discussing what the words "religion" and "Christianity" mean in the context of . . . you know, what they actually MEAN.

Your visceral hatred of a word has squat to do with reality, and you don't actually have the power to impose your personal, made-up definitions of words onto the rest of us. "Religion" is still "the service and worship of God or the supernatural", regardless of whatever the hell it is YOU mistakenly think it is.

In that context, Abraham and Joshua and Job most certainly DID need religion, and had it.

I don't care what a dictionary say's,it also says hell is a place where people are tormented. NO,Christianity is not a religion. If Christianity was a religion we would all be going to the same church. Religion is a creation of man ,not God. Did Abraham need a religion ? Did Joshua or job need a religion ? A Christian is anyone who accepts and puts faith in the son of God.

Actually, yes they all did. And they worshiped God as He directed.

Identify the religion ?

As they all lived before the time of Christ, their religion would have been the forerunner of Judaism. What it was specifically called would have depended on who you were talking to, but I believe the majority of outsiders referred to it by some variant of "the worship of the Israelite God". Which, of course, is what it was.

If the truth is insulting..... tough. There is no "could be" ... christianity fits the very definition of a cult. It is a "religion" based on a cult following of a single man.
I'm not impressed with the uncompromising tough guy act, because all it does is prove that you're no better than your percieved opposition.

Nothing tough guy about it.... if you don't believe me...look it up in the dictionary.

Too bad the official dictionary definition of "cult" isn't the way you're using the word . . . much the same as the official dictionary definition of "religion" is not the way many others here are using IT.

And spare me the disingenuous protests of "all I meant was . . ." I don't like people who piss on my leg, and then try to tell me it's raining, and I REALLY don't like it when they actually expect me to be stupid enough to believe that it's not piss.

I'm not impressed with the uncompromising tough guy act, because all it does is prove that you're no better than your percieved opposition.

Nothing tough guy about it.... if you don't believe me...look it up in the dictionary.

Too bad the official dictionary definition of "cult" isn't the way you're using the word . . . much the same as the official dictionary definition of "religion" is not the way many others here are using IT.

And spare me the disingenuous protests of "all I meant was . . ." I don't like people who piss on my leg, and then try to tell me it's raining, and I REALLY don't like it when they actually expect me to be stupid enough to believe that it's not piss.

Cult | Define Cult at Dictionary.com

cult
   [kuhlt] Show IPA
–noun
a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, especially as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
the object of such devotion.
a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
Sociology . a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.
a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
the members of such a religion or sect.
any system for treating human sickness that originated by a person usually claiming to have sole insight into the nature of disease, and that employs methods regarded as unorthodox or unscientific.

1- Does the religion christianity fit this description... yes it does
2- Does the religion christianity fit this description... yes it does
3- Does the religion christianity fit this description... yes it does
4- Does the religion christianity fit this description... yes it does
5- Does the religion christianity fit this description... yes it does
6- 7 at the time i am very sure the romans thought that the christians fit this description

7 of 8.... though #8 could also roughly apply too.

christianity is a cult.....just like every other religion.

Forum List

Back