Christianity explained

The R.C.C. may not have it right, but other denominations haven't shown spectacular success, either. All organized religions end up becoming politicized, at least internally, with the assured consequences of abuse. Meanwhile, the essential message, in this case that of Jesus, gets run over.

It is ironic. Most practicing Catholics are so focused on God and their faith, that any politicization is mere white noise in the background--if it even amounts to the level of white noise. It is those who are not practicing the Catholic faith who feel they can see what is essentially a byproduct or exhaust. For practicing Catholics, it is kind of like driving a car, where the driver is so focused on moving forward, he is unaware of the exhaust flowing backwards.
Nonsense. Most practicing Catholics have absolutely no idea about the sinister and pernicious nature of the bizarre practice of ritually celebrating the death of Jesus weekly on a sacrificial alter and then (WTF) seeking spiritual life from the eucharist which is not God, was made by human hands, and has no life.

If they were so focused on God they would prefer death than to willingly "celebrate mass" defy the law of God, worship a human being, and desecrate the teachings of Jesus, the actual Body of Christ, as if it was a cheap snack food that can be handed out, eaten, and crapped down the toilet without a single word being spoken except the lie, "This is the Body of Christ"
Most practicing Catholics don't care what you believe about them.

I'm sure you're right, but at the resurrection all the dead will rise whether they like it or not. Some will be purified and refined, some will do nothing but slowly degenerate into nothingness..Some will rise to life, some will rise only to hear their doom. According to the story, the dead in Christ will be the first to rise to eternal life.

I bet that many practicing Catholics are more ready willing and able than you are to act on a revelation of truth from God once their ears have been opened to hear it, especially one about Jesus whose words are already in them. I heard that, unlike you, some have been preparing for their entire lives in the disciplines foundational to salvation in solitude of their cells praying for understanding day and night, waiting, watching, listening with their ear to the ground.

But thats just what I heard........I could be wrong.
I don't spend much time contemplating those details because they have no bearing on what I do in the present.

I can only control what I do in the present. I don't know my future or anyone else's.

Don't you know that what you do in the present determines your future?

Not for nothing but you probably should spend some time thinking about it.

I heard that the consequence for sinning in the present is death in the very next minute.

"He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword."

People who defiantly do that which leads to death in the present have no future.

Aren't you a believer?

Last edited:
It is ironic. Most practicing Catholics are so focused on God and their faith, that any politicization is mere white noise in the background--if it even amounts to the level of white noise. It is those who are not practicing the Catholic faith who feel they can see what is essentially a byproduct or exhaust. For practicing Catholics, it is kind of like driving a car, where the driver is so focused on moving forward, he is unaware of the exhaust flowing backwards.
Nonsense. Most practicing Catholics have absolutely no idea about the sinister and pernicious nature of the bizarre practice of ritually celebrating the death of Jesus weekly on a sacrificial alter and then (WTF) seeking spiritual life from the eucharist which is not God, was made by human hands, and has no life.

If they were so focused on God they would prefer death than to willingly "celebrate mass" defy the law of God, worship a human being, and desecrate the teachings of Jesus, the actual Body of Christ, as if it was a cheap snack food that can be handed out, eaten, and crapped down the toilet without a single word being spoken except the lie, "This is the Body of Christ"

I'm sure you're right, but at the resurrection all the dead will rise whether they like it or not. Some will be purified and refined, some will do nothing but slowly degenerate into nothingness..Some will rise to life, some will rise only to hear their doom. According to the story, the dead in Christ will be the first to rise to eternal life.

I bet that many practicing Catholics are more ready willing and able than you are to act on a revelation of truth from God once their ears have been opened to hear it, especially one about Jesus whose words are already in them. I heard that, unlike you, some have been preparing for their entire lives in the disciplines foundational to salvation in solitude of their cells praying for understanding day and night, waiting, watching, listening with their ear to the ground.

I don't spend much time contemplating those details because they have no bearing on what I do in the present.

I can only control what I do in the present. I don't know my future or anyone else's.

I heard that the consequence for sinning in the present is death in the very next minute.

"He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword."

People who defiantly do that which leads to death in the present have no future.

Aren't you a believer?
Actually it doesn't. The future is not written.

That would be your opinion of all Christians too.

Personally I believe the Gnostics were reprehensible and earned their fate.

Aren't you a believer?

What you do now determines your future. You are writing your future now. What are you? A fart in the wind?

Take some responsibility.for christ sake.

Aren't you a believer?

What you do now determines your future. You are writing your future now. What are you? A fart in the wind?

Take some responsibility.for christ sake.
You don't believe in Christ.

Christianity is like believing in Santa Claus, but without the presents. :biggrin:

The term "Christianity" is too generic to carry much meaning. Each specific sect applies its own meanings, its own "truths," and its own rules, and "Christianity" is highly competitive between the various sects. They just love to argue. I've seen this a lot on USMB. For example, I've seen some posters who don't like the Roman Catholic Church, and do not consider me a fan as I have had a lot of experience with it, but the same posters never indicate what sect they are members of. I assume that it is some form of Protestantism. In the U.S., it does not seem that the Orthodox participate in this, although they have had their own splits.

Forum List

Back