Christianity And The Founding Of Our Nation

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
The United States of America has a rich Christian heritage...

We hope that by browsing some of the websites below, you can begin to envision a greater understanding of the role of Christianity in the founding of our nation. Although we do not endorse any of the following websites, we believe that they can be a great resource for you in personal research and instilling confidence to say His name boldly in your sphere of influence. http://jesusuncensored.com/history.html

=================================================================================================================

George Washington

Benjamin Rush

Benjamin Franklin

Roger Sherman

Inaugural Prayer - Kirbyjon Caldwell (2005)

Our Founding Fathers - Quotes

History Forgotten

Examples of God/The Bible On Our Monuments

Finding God's Signature in Washington

Do you have any other links besides jesusuncensored? I've come across several other sources with, shall we say, less of an agenda that speak differently of the some of the Founding Fathers listed. If your website had sources, I would be much more open to what they are saying. If you could provide a link to a source that is, if not nessicarily reputable, at least looked at the facts to reach a conclusion, rather than presenting the facts in a way to confirm an already decided one.

Also your, "websites," all lead to the same website. There is a big difference between one source and several.

<blockquote>"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
-- Samuel Adams</blockquote>

Not only tireless, but tiresome as well. The religious right wing-nuts in this country are not a majority, despite their claims to the contrary. And if they actually practiced what they preached, rather than worrying about what someone else is doing, we'd all be better off for it.

Bullypulpit said:
<blockquote>"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Not only tireless, but tiresome as well. The religious right wing-nuts in this country are not a majority, despite their claims to the contrary. And if they actually practiced what they preached, rather than worrying about what someone else is doing, we'd all be better off for it.

Is the only way you can attack Christianity is to hold up some extreme nut job and claim all Chistians are like him?

dilloduck said:
Is the only way you can attack Christianity is to hold up some extreme nut job and claim all Chistians are like him?

And what, "extreme nutjob," is he holding up? It's certainly not Samuel Adams. The quote has nothing to do with whether he was Christian, rather it deals with the power of minorities in a democratic society.

Mr.Conley said:
And what, "extreme nutjob," is he holding up? It's certainly not Samuel Adams. The quote has nothing to do with whether he was Christian, rather it deals with the power of minorities in a democratic society.
My mistake--he includes all Christians as "right wing nut jobs" who think they are a majority.

Mr.Conley said:
Do you have any other links besides jesusuncensored? I've come across several other sources with, shall we say, less of an agenda that speak differently of the some of the Founding Fathers listed. If your website had sources, I would be much more open to what they are saying. If you could provide a link to a source that is, if not nessicarily reputable, at least looked at the facts to reach a conclusion, rather than presenting the facts in a way to confirm an already decided one.

Also your, "websites," all lead to the same website. There is a big difference between one source and several.

How many times does it take to convince you of the truth. If you saw someone murder your mother, would you need to watch an instant replay a dozen or so times before you could believe it?

I see no links from you to dispute, or otherwise, either. Just your pias, liberal, opinion.

pulit said:

Got me off ignore now aye pulit? Cool. I like being a sandbur under your saddle.

Whale Rider said:
Got me off ignore now aye pulit? Cool. I like being a sandbur under your saddle.

How can we stand against Islamic fundamentalism if we are pounding on the Bible ourselves. Let's defeat Islam in the name of reason and secularism rather than just saying two wrongs make a right.

Nuc said:
How can we stand against Islamic fundamentalism if we are pounding on the Bible ourselves. Let's defeat Islam in the name of reason and secularism rather than just saying two wrongs make a right.

In the name of secularism ???

dilloduck said:
First of we are not fighting a war in the name of Christianity and second of all what is the secularist dogma regarding war?

My point is that we should be against the Islamic imperialism, not because we are in favor of a different sort of fundamentalism, but because fundamentalism is wrong in the modern world and the Islamic version is particularly dangerous.

Mr.Conley said:

You said you were running for office.

I'm curious. If you were the president on 9/11, what would you have done?

Nuc said:
My point is that we should be against the Islamic imperialism, not because we are in favor of a different sort of fundamentalism, but because fundamentalism is wrong in the modern world and the Islamic version is particularly dangerous.

Where in the hell are you coming up with the idea that the reason America is at war with terrorism is due to Christian fundementalism?

dilloduck said:
Where in the hell are you coming up with the idea that the reason America is at war with terrorism is due to Christian fundementalism?

If Bush says that he consults with God rather than with his father who was actually the President, that is Christian fundamentalism. Or is it not?

Nuc said:
Your opinion. Mine is that God does not tell politicians to go to war.

Ok--lets hear you back up a case that says we are at war because of fundementalist Christianity. Bush prayed--is that it?

dilloduck said:
Ok--lets hear you back up a case that says we are at war because of fundementalist Christianity. Bush prayed--is that it?

We may not be at war because of fundamentalist Christianity, but we are at war because of fundamentalist Christians. They make up most of the political class in this country.

My point is, even if people are using Christianity to justify this war, they should keep it to themselves because then we are no better than the people we are fighting.

Whereas if we frame it as a war of reason versus superstition we stand on solid ground.

Forum List

Back