Christianity and Race

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by YoungChristian, Oct 14, 2004.

1. YoungChristian

YoungChristian Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Christianity, when practiced properly, has no care for race. When I hear "Reverend" Jesse Jackson or "Reverend" Al Sharpton speak about anything, I cringe as a Christian. Are they really preaching the word of God with the purpose of saving souls? Or are they preaching equal rights? As a Christian, I have a serious problem with liberals that claim to be Christian if their views on issues are very immoral. Christianity is something that transcends all races. If a minority is a true Christian, they should care much more about their Christian values than their "race". I have no care for race in America. In fact, I believe all citizens of the United States are just American -- not African-American, Mexican-American, or European-American.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    It would be nice if those like Jackson or Sharpton actually listened to what Martin Luther King preached. But they have become lovers of their own power.

It bothers me when anyone professes a faith and does not follow it's teachings. When people talk one way and act another its pretty obvious. its one of the reasons i nearly choked when Kerry quoted the faith without works is dead scripture. Because action speak louder than words.

We will have a day when we arent judged by the color of our skin but rather by our character. weve made alot of progress already. It will be nice when we reach that point.

3. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    I think you're lying. I don't think you know a damn thing about race. I bet you're white. If I plopped your white ass down in East New York, Jesus wouldn't save you. Even if you prayed real, real hard.

4. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I have no problem with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton preaching on the equality of man. Frankly, I wish Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would start preaching, period. But I digress.

YC, I agree that race is (or should be) a non-factor in Christianity. It is clear that God created all people equal in His eyes, regardless of skin color, and it is clear that we are to treat people without favoritism. But I don't really know anyone that refers to themselves as a White Christian or a African-Christian.

5. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Now I remember why I have you on ignore...

I have a feeling you have no idea what Christianity preaches about race.

6. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,073
    I don't think there's anything at all you could tell this youngchristian that would change their mind about races. I think YOU don't know what the fuck YOU'RE talking about. You are obviously someone who knows no God, so how the fuck would you understand what the youngchristian believes, and why.

We know you hate races. We know there's a problem with races clashing in America. But don't spit your venom at someone that doesn't deserve it asswipe.

7. shadrack

shadrack Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6

When practiced properly??

Do you think Christianity is practiced today like it was 50 years ago, and do you think it was practiced 100 years ago like it was in 1950, and do you think it is practiced today like it was in medieval times?

Based on your standards everyone practicing Christianity differently than you at any time in history other than today are immoral.

That's quite a judging statement. Isn't there a reference to judgement in the Bible.

8. shadrack

shadrack Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You are a typical "good" Christian, ignore others' reality because it doesn't fit your Biblical "truth".

That's nice.

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Where did you develop you anger at Chistianity?

10. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

Have you studied Christianity? You say a few 'key words' which betray to me you have know/little understanding of the faith.

Here's your fault - You don't understand that Faith in Christ makes lives BETTER...if people have issues in their 'reality', they should consider inviting Christ to lend a hand.