Christianity and Homosexuality

What do you think all the outrage against legalizing gay marriage was about if not one group of people trying to oppress and criminalize another by using their addled understanding of the bible as a pretext to make a false claim to moral authority in a vain attempt to influence laws and customs that would reflect their perverted views about right and wrong and human sexuality, laws that favor believers and punish unbelievers?

Trust me. Christians don't care what the Bible says. They just use it as needed to justify their own opinion. Gay marriage isn't in the Bible at all. That's an enormous stretch.

The Bible says to execute homosexual men. It says nothing about forbidding them from marrying.

What do you think all the outrage against legalizing gay marriage was about if not one group of people trying to oppress and criminalize another by using their addled understanding of the bible as a pretext to make a false claim to moral authority in a vain attempt to influence laws and customs that would reflect their perverted views about right and wrong and human sexuality, laws that favor believers and punish unbelievers?

Trust me. Christians don't care what the Bible says. They just use it as needed to justify their own opinion. Gay marriage isn't in the Bible at all. That's an enormous stretch.

The Bible says to execute homosexual men. It says nothing about forbidding them from marrying.

If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. (1 John 4:20)

Last edited:

If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. (1 John 4:20)

People don't care what the Bible says. They have their own opinion. They just use the Bible to bolster that opinion. (like you just did)

People don't care what the Bible says. They have their own opinion. They just use the Bible to bolster that opinion. (like you just did)

Nah, people care very much, they just have been misled.

And no, I did not use scripture to bolster my opinion. I wasn't around when scripture was written, but I understand what I can read.

The logic of the verse posted is impeccable. I just happen to agree..

As many of you know, homosexuality is now "in."

There have been many repeated attacks against Christianity/the religious for following the scriptures that denounce homosexuality.

The thing is, as what it seems from "Modern" Christians, it's no longer cool to listen to those scriptures.

So, what're Christians et al to do?

Do we keep holding onto these scriptures or do you give in and ignore them? Quite a few Christian sects have "turned" and now ignore those scriptures in the NT/OT, and more turnabout will undoubtedly happen in the decades to come.

What does this mean? What could it mean if God disagrees with modern society? Does it stand that, according to Christianity, a lot of people whether religious or not will be screwed, literally, in the afterlife, assuming the Word of God is true?

I don't know.

How do Christians who hold to these scriptures manage/cope with this "change"? How do you even argue your moral case against homosexuality? Does it even matter any more? To those who have even a shread of belief/adherence to the Scriptures, is this a sign of the times to come? Not sure, really.

We're at a crossroads, folks. More and more Christians are being demonized/shunned for even believing the homosexuality is a sin, and more and more, as time goes by, Christians become weaker as the nation becomes more and more decadent. What happens when scriptures on homosexuality begin to disappear off the record? It's not like it'd be a big deal, right, if most churches already ignored them? Who would care about the difference?

These are interesting times. How are Christians to continue on in their belief against homosexuality?

Dear vasuderatorrent
1. you don't have to be against homosexuality to prove that spiritual healing has effectively changed people who didn't want to have homosexual attractions or relationships

2. what I propose is for greater partnership and commitment to research, between Christians who have practiced taught and studied spiritual healing as medically trained professionals and the secular medical science research and academic community.

Since the spiritual process of healing happens on an intangible level, similar to dreams and prayers and the energy level those involve, this isn't necessarily proveable in that sense.

What can be proven is "before and after" conditions: and the CORRELATION between
* unforgiveness and inability to resolve conflicts and heal people in mind body spirit and relationships with each other
* forgiveness and increased ability to heal people (again, in mind body spirit and in relationships with each other)

That can be studied, documented and proven statistically
there is a CORRELATION (even if we can't prove CAUSATION but this is taken on faith by seeing the consistent results in CORRELATION over and over again).

This is how laws or "theories" of gravity, physics, etc. are "proven" -- by showing they follow consistent patterns.

We do the same thing with studying and documenting the process and results of spiritual healing (and also the failures, by showing the difference that inner healing of generational influences makes, "before and after" spiritual healing is conducted, "with or without" specific prayers and process to * identify forgive and remove* these barriers "in the mind and spirit" that otherwise impede someone's healing ability.

vasuderatorrent I'm glad you ask this question.

If millions of dollars are being applied for in grants to study MARIJUANA which only placates symptoms and doesn't cure the cause of the disease; why not petition all our Congress reps for MATCHING funds to study spiritual healing in curing:
* cancer
* criminal illness including pedophilia addictions
* unwanted homosexual or transgender orientations
(NOTE: this method does not work on WANTED conditions
because it is based on forgiveness and free will or it DOES NOT WORK. Nobody can be forced to forgive or it isn't real. So that's why conversion/reparative therapy based on fear, force, guilt, pressure, punishment or other negative methods are damaging and dangerous).

RESOURCES for spiritual healing and medical research:
* Dr. Francis MacNutt www.christianhealingmin.org
* Dr. Phillip Goldfedder www.healingisyours.com
* Olivia Reiner www.listentothecriesofthechildren.org

These are free resources that I can confirm are valid spiritual healing that works consistently with science and medicine.
MacNutt has already conducted a related study on Rheumatoid Arthritis funded in part by the Templeton Foundation which demonstrated the healing methods of his team worked effectively. This needs to be replicated to show the process is generic and not just what their team was doing, but is natural and others can get the same results following the same process he teaches. This study on RA is cited in HEALING edition 1999 or later but the published study can be found online.

I will add a link to an excerpt where Judith and Francis MacNutt give an overview of how they have helped people recover and heal from issues related to unwanted homosexual behavior that was changed by this process. The focus is inward on full healing, including generational influences that are unconscious and not a free choice of the individual, and the conditions are resolved as a consequence. People are not judged for the conditions, or it blocks the process and people cannot heal that way.

Here's the link:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/10775996/

Thank you for asking. Let's follow up.
I know at least 2 Congress reps who would support such research and outreach. Not only would it solve the contention over homosexuality by focusing on forgiveness and healing as the solutions; but the SAME healing process works to reduce the cause and costs of
* cancer
* criminal illness
* sexual abuse
* addictions
* other mental, physical and social disorders

So the money saved by improving mental health and criminal justice treatment can then be invested in medical programs, resources and facilities
to provide UNIVERSAL health care for more of our populations.

That's why both parties would be for a solution, it would solve both the free market health care demands and "singlepayer/universal care" -- instead of wasting taxmoney on prisons we could be covering health care and education/training/jobs for doctors teachers nurses police.

By focusing on the solutions and cost-effectiveness of spiritual healing that can be proven by science. So it doesn't have to exclude nonchristians. This process applies and helps everyone regardless of denomination or belief, because it is based on FORGIVENESS. Even atheists who work on the basis of FORGIVENESS receive the same healing, to the degree of willingness to forgive and receive. That's the factor we can study, and show that it works regardless of someone's religious or political denomination.

If we forgive and agree to work together, we heal our relations and solve our problems.
If we don't forgive but reject each other, then we limit our ability to heal and solve problems.

We can show this through Statistics,
and the same patterns will repeat, whether the people
in the study are atheists or Christians, Buddhist or Muslims,
we can measure how much they are willing to FORGIVE other
religious or political groups, or people "they blame" and measure
the impact on the ability to resolve problems and heal of issues.

Last edited:

Dear vasuderatorrent
1. What people are looking for is acceptance and inclusion.
They may be using the LGBT issue as the catalyst,
but everyone wants to feel validated and equal.

The liberals happen to use GOVT to "establish that"
so unfortunately this leads to agenda being pushed through GOVT as "symbolic" of establishing a sense of "equality."

2. The common need is FORGIVENESS.

Ironically, this is what the spiritual healing process is based on that has EFFECTIVELY helped people to heal and change their unwanted homosexual orientation.

The more people on both sides can FORGIVE and work together, then we will see more of these stories of transformation "come out" in the mainstream media and public knowledge.

As long as we divide and reject each other, this knowledge is LOST and censored.

If we want the truth to come out and be received by all,
that means we must open up, forgive receive and accept each other, and we can establish one universal understanding as we are meant to.

Not yet, if we haven't forgiven and agreed to quit judging and condemning each other.

Again, ironically, this judgmental lack of forgiveness has the OPPOSITE effect of BLOCKING healing; while it is FORGIVENESS that has allowed people to change and restore their natural orientation (by removing the unnatural blocks caused by UNFORGIVEN conflicts and fears carried in the conscience from past generations).

Forum List

Back