Christian Nation

hgevens said:
I think what Lolita was talking about is the fact that many of you aren't willing to accept the fact there are people who don't celebrate Christmas. I for one do, but I am a different religion. I have nothing against Christmas. I just get upset when people say that they are mad that they have to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas". I have many friends who are Jewish and would be offended by the fact that everyone only says Merry Christmas.

Once again......Pay attention here...........MANY OF US HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH ANYONE CELEBRATING ANYTHING THEY WISH TO CELEBRATE..........THE PROBLEM WE HAVE IS WITH THOSE THAT DON'T CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS ARE TRYING TO TAKE AWAY ALL PUBLIC RECOGNITION OF CHRISTMAS JUST TO MAKE THOSE THAT CELEBRATE OTHER THINGS HAPPY........MANY OF US WOULD PREFER TO HAVE ALL DISPLAYS OF THE HOLIDAYS CO-EXIST TOGETHER INSTEAD OF JUST MAKING THE HOLDAYS A GENERIC EVENT JUST TO PLEASE THE ACLU AND THE TINY PERCENT OF THOSE THAT DONT CELEBRATE ANYTHING..............................OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey y'all the bans have become permanent, ol'Lolita was using two nics, sorry I know it was fun to bash her but that shit I just can't let slide.

OCA said:
Hey y'all the bans have become permanent, ol'Lolita was using two nics, sorry I know it was fun to bash her but that sh!t I just can't let slide.

Two nicks?? What was her other one, "NakedEmperor"?? I always got déjà vu talking to either one of them. :rotflmao:

TheEnemyWithin said:
Two nicks?? What was her other one, "NakedEmperor"?? I always got déjà vu talking to either one of them. :rotflmao:

if you notice earlier in this thread, I replied to a post by lolita and hgevens replied to me asking what I meant by my reply to him, when it never was to him-confusing I know..... he then tried saying that he and lolita were roomates and using the same puter, but he only had two posts at that point. one asking what i meant and one giving an excuse. so there is no way he could have had an id and accidently signed in under lolita..... i know, confusing.

i am just glad we found a reason to get rid of the bitch.

OCA said:
Lets amend amendment #1 and go for a theocracy, can't fail any more miserably then speration of church and state secularism.

I know you must be joking. The allowance of so many individual liberties, inluding religious is one of the main factors that propelled our nation into the most wealthy and powerful nation of all time.

If you need a reason for how theocracy fails, just remember mideival Europe or the modern day Middle East.

But I will agree with insein that the government should not be in the business of banning religious symbols, even on public ground. That is indeed an infringement of amendment one. As long as the symbols do not induce some mass hysteria or violence, but that doesn't seem likely.

menewa said:
I know you must be joking. The allowance of so many individual liberties, inluding religious is one of the main factors that propelled our nation into the most wealthy and powerful nation of all time.

If you need a reason for how theocracy fails, just remember mideival Europe or the modern day Middle East.

But I will agree with insein that the government should not be in the business of banning religious symbols, even on public ground. That is indeed an infringement of amendment one. As long as the symbols do not induce some mass hysteria or violence, but that doesn't seem likely.

You think our country has succeeded socially, are you serious?

Forum List

Back