Christian Indifference to Christian Suffering

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
christians-450x324.jpg

Christians are being persecuted all over the world. Churches are being burned and destroyed, girls are being raped and ancient Christian communities reaching back 2,000 years are being obliterated. And the world yawns. Most shockingly, many Christians in the West, worse than yawning, look away and in some cases embrace the perpetrators and blame our allies.

This begs the obvious question: Why do so many Christians in America and Europe seem to not care about what is happening around the world to their fellow disciples of Jesus? Why are we looking the other way while the brutal murder, persecution, rape and ethnic and religious cleansing is happening right before our eyes?

Christian Indifference to Christian Suffering | FrontPage Magazine

When someone misuses begging the question you can generally assume they have their head up their ass.

That is an excellent question. I do support my brothers and sisters in restricted nations and speak up for them. Especially in China and North Korea, Iran. Don't know if you are a believer or not. If you are do you remember the scripture........your brother Joseph languishes in prison while you lounge on your couches of ivory? To me that verse depicts the hour we are in.

Jroc, in this hour christians should not be investing their money into making their home look like hollywood lifestyle, idols of wood and stone, stainless steel and granite abound these days while our brothers and sisters are languishing in foreign prisons. Western Christians spend more money on dog food then they do missions.

As a christian, I feel angry right now. I'm wondering the same things without speaking them and I do realise I probably should not even be writing this now. It is just something I know about the western church. It has a reputation of being alive but it is dead.

It is the hour of the Laoedicean church in which Jesus said to them, You say you are rich and increased with many goods and in need of nothing and do not realize you are miserable, wretched, blind, naked and need salve for your eyes that you may see. ( the truth )

I don't have my bible with me at the moment so you should know that probably is not word for word KJV. Nevertheless, I believe what we are witnessing is the great falling away. People with itching ears ( as NT scripture calls them ) are flocking to mega churches where they will hear messages void of any sounding of the alarm for persecution - for our 10/40 window brethren - for hard times ahead and for prayer and fasting for those in chains around the world - no, the message of the hour is Joel Osteen and how to have the lifestyle of the rich and famous because you are the kings kid and its all a matter of how you are thinking. Believe big! You can have it all.

I've got news for Osteen. I've read Gods Holy Bible and the bottom line is it isn't a choice between heaven and hell. It is a choice between heaven and this world. Loving this world and the things of this world is being at enmity with God. He said so! He was basically letting us know if hedonism is it for you? You don't love me or my church! The self indulgence, Iroc, is disturbing. I believe if God didn't judge this nation ( beginning with the church ) he'd have to apologise to Sodom and Gomorrah. We are by far worse off. Why? Because we know better. - Jeremiah

Last edited:
When someone misuses begging the question you can generally assume they have their head up their ass.

No. Even the world recognizes the hypocrisy of much of the Western church in this hour. It is a healthy sign and I'm glad to see it. He is asking a very valid question and I applaud him for it.

It is time for the church to ask themselves just who is their family? If you had a family member who was facing execution in Iran for being a christian you'd be beside yourself. You would not be able to eat as you normally would. You would not enjoy the entertainments you normally may enjoy, you would not attend a lavish party with rich foods while grieving over your beloved brother.

No, you'd be on your facing praying for him if you were a believer and if not you'd be on the phone pouring your heart out to a friend but you would not be partying on......

There is something wrong here. The body of Christ in the west has not perhaps perceived yet that this is their family. In every sense of the word. They should be very, very concerned.

Same goes for the Jews. When Galid Shalit got kidnapped. I could not eat for days. I felt physically sick and could hardly get up I was so sick over that boy. I prayed for him for years. I prayed God please don't let them touch his face or scar his body - don't let them amputate his fingers or his toes or his hands or feet, cover him with your precious blood Jesus and don't let him be touched. Don't let him be terrified. Put your angels around him. I prayed for him for years that way. Then he got released. Guess what? He's got all his fingers and toes no scars on his face he looks so beautiful like a young man should. I felt relief and felt a mothers love for the boy. Why? He is my little brother. How could I forget him? What the body of Christ needs is to be revived. It is on life support right now and dying. It needs a true revival and I cannot see it coming without persecution here. Persecution will get the church back on her feet again. I hate to say that and perhaps I shouldn't. I just feel very angry! Thanks for listening. - Jeri

Last edited:
Politically no nation on earth would tolerate a Christian army to help Christians in other countries. Everyone connected with such a venture would be in prison before a day had passed.

Politically no nation on earth would tolerate a Christian army to help Christians in other countries. Everyone connected with such a venture would be in prison before a day had passed.

We are not looking for a Christian army. I don't even think the idea is scriptural. We're just looking to see governments apply the same fairness to Christians they do to Muslims in these 3rd world nations. That is hard to get.

No. Even the world recognizes the hypocrisy of much of the Western church in this hour. It is a healthy sign and I'm glad to see it. He is asking a very valid question and I applaud him for it.

It is time for the church to ask themselves just who is their family? If you had a family member who was facing execution in Iran for being a christian you'd be beside yourself. You would not be able to eat as you normally would. You would not enjoy the entertainments you normally may enjoy, you would not attend a lavish party with rich foods while grieving over your beloved brother.

No, you'd be on your facing praying for him if you were a believer and if not you'd be on the phone pouring your heart out to a friend but you would not be partying on......

There is something wrong here. The body of Christ in the west has not perhaps perceived yet that this is their family. In every sense of the word. They should be very, very concerned.

Same goes for the Jews. When Galid Shalit got kidnapped. I could not eat for days. I felt physically sick and could hardly get up I was so sick over that boy. I prayed for him for years. I prayed God please don't let them touch his face or scar his body - don't let them amputate his fingers or his toes or his hands or feet, cover him with your precious blood Jesus and don't let him be touched. Don't let him be terrified. Put your angels around him. I prayed for him for years that way. Then he got released. Guess what? He's got all his fingers and toes no scars on his face he looks so beautiful like a young man should. I felt relief and felt a mothers love for the boy. Why? He is my little brother. How could I forget him? What the body of Christ needs is to be revived. It is on life support right now and dying. It needs a true revival and I cannot see it coming without persecution here. Persecution will get the church back on her feet again. I hate to say that and perhaps I shouldn't. I just feel very angry! Thanks for listening. - Jeri

Just because you are completely unaware of something that is not evidence that it does not exist.

Is there something about the Western Church that you believe I am unaware of? Please share that. I'd like to hear what you have to say. - J.

christians-450x324.jpg

Christians are being persecuted all over the world. Churches are being burned and destroyed, girls are being raped and ancient Christian communities reaching back 2,000 years are being obliterated. And the world yawns. Most shockingly, many Christians in the West, worse than yawning, look away and in some cases embrace the perpetrators and blame our allies.

This begs the obvious question: Why do so many Christians in America and Europe seem to not care about what is happening around the world to their fellow disciples of Jesus? Why are we looking the other way while the brutal murder, persecution, rape and ethnic and religious cleansing is happening right before our eyes?

Christian Indifference to Christian Suffering | FrontPage Magazine

Why? Because no one has proclaimed that there are 'good ones' like they have with the muslims. All are deemed to be the persecutors.

Yes, Sunshine, there are definitely some wonderful Christians in the West who have ministries but I find none of them as from here originally. Michael Boldea is from Romania and his ministry Hand of Help is a true christian ministry. There are others like him. But what I am addressing is the mega churches who are not preaching the true gospel, the message they send by their extravagant lifestyles - that is not the Jesus I know or the Gospel I know! Its another one and it is a wide road message.

Before I gave money to any of these televangelists I would advise go buy some extra pizzas and send them to a neighbor you know who is having hard times and short on money. Do those kinds of acts of kindness and you will be doing that unto the Lord. Jesus said when you did it unto the least of these in my name, you did it unto me! You could buy your neighbors children shoes. That would be a greater act of giving then giving to something that is leading people astray and misrepresenting God. - Jeri

tele evangelists are few and far between when you look at the whole of ministries. Many churches are doing much good for their communities and throughout the world. ARe their bad apples? Yes. But I would wager the good outweigh the bad by a far margin.

It's not just their fellow believer's. It's apparently just about everyone else too. Most Christian's are pew warmer's or, worse, CEO Christian's. Know what that is? Christmas and Easter Only. For instance, a pastor told me a few years ago that he met a woman in NC who literally and genuinely lived in the shadow of a church, but she had never heard of Jesus Christ. Something is wrong there, isn't it?

Ever notice how self-proclaimed Christian's respond to disasters? Some go and help. Some give money. But, most these days bitch about the cost and about helping those morons who should know better than to live there. I've heard it a million times and so have you. How "Christian" is that? How many professing believers do we see right here on these boards complaining about the cost of helping the poor? I could go on and on, but I won't. I'll just point out that there is an obvious lack of Agape love in the hearts of an awful lot of "Christian's."

Now...why is that? I think it's because the Church has gone off course. It's bought into too many lies and false doctrines. Instead of being concerned and reaching out to those in need, Christian or otherwise, we're too busy planting that "seed of faith" which is gonna make us rich or protesting down at the courthouse. We're doing everything in the world BUT what Christ told us to do.

There would be nothing more beneficial to Christians than another Christian Crusade.

Is there something about the Western Church that you believe I am unaware of? Please share that. I'd like to hear what you have to say. - J.

How about the fact that there is no "western church" outside of books? There are plenty of churches that are not only aware of the persecution around the world, they actually do whatever they can to help. I didn't get past the part of the article where the guy proved he has no idea what begging the question actually means, but he fell flat on his face when he said Christians don't care about their brothers.

American Christians didn't care what happened to Iraqi Christians. Wrong color.

If I were wrong, they would have done the opposite of what they did.

We are not looking for a Christian army. I don't even think the idea is scriptural. We're just looking to see governments apply the same fairness to Christians they do to Muslims in these 3rd world nations. That is hard to get.

Are you willing to allow muslim countries and hindu countries and Buddhist countries, etc....demand that all governments apply the same fairness to their religious brethren...allowing THEIR interpretation of what is fair?

It's not just their fellow believer's. It's apparently just about everyone else too. Most Christian's are pew warmer's or, worse, CEO Christian's. Know what that is? Christmas and Easter Only.

A bit off topic, but... you should realize that people who shows up at Easter and Christmas probably don't think they are Christians. My husband is a Christian. We've moved a lot but he goes to church most Sundays, even if he's had to change churches a lot over the years. He asks me to go for Easter and Christmas. I learned after the first time someone asked if I'm a believer to lie. Learn Christianese and lie your ass off or don't show up for Christmas and Easter. I'll convincingly lie that I'm a chimpanzee if it means I can avoid being evangelized at again with no escape in sight.

The only time I call myself a Christian is in a Church.

American Christians didn't care what happened to Iraqi Christians. Wrong color.

If I were wrong, they would have done the opposite of what they did.

You, as usual are a blithering idiot. This government is secular. We are not in the middle east to help out any particular religion. We are there to protect the monetary interests of those governments which also happen to be our monetary interests. And those monetary interests are SO strong that our government has take the time to be sure and have us believe that there are 'good mulsims and bad muslims' and that we are protecting the monetary interests of the good muslims from the bad muslims. It's about money not color or even heaven. This country will never go to war over persecution of Christians even on our own soil, and it is not inconceivable that our government could one day be the persecutor.

It's not just their fellow believer's. It's apparently just about everyone else too. Most Christian's are pew warmer's or, worse, CEO Christian's. Know what that is? Christmas and Easter Only. For instance, a pastor told me a few years ago that he met a woman in NC who literally and genuinely lived in the shadow of a church, but she had never heard of Jesus Christ. Something is wrong there, isn't it?

Ever notice how self-proclaimed Christian's respond to disasters? Some go and help. Some give money. But, most these days bitch about the cost and about helping those morons who should know better than to live there. I've heard it a million times and so have you. How "Christian" is that? How many professing believers do we see right here on these boards complaining about the cost of helping the poor? I could go on and on, but I won't. I'll just point out that there is an obvious lack of Agape love in the hearts of an awful lot of "Christian's."

Now...why is that? I think it's because the Church has gone off course. It's bought into too many lies and false doctrines. Instead of being concerned and reaching out to those in need, Christian or otherwise, we're too busy planting that "seed of faith" which is gonna make us rich or protesting down at the courthouse. We're doing everything in the world BUT what Christ told us to do.

The church has most definitely gone off course. There is a remnant that is glorious but Jesus is coming back for a bride spotless and without wrinkle. So let me give you two short stories ( both true ) to show you how we'll get there. Imo.

First story: Many years ago in a nation that had been taken over by Communists a church gathered for prayer one morning. It was the Pastor and about 20 members of his congregation. Suddenly the doors burst open and in walked armed soldiers demanding an explanation of their meeting!

The soldiers said, whoever denies that Jesus Christ is their God can leave now. Whoever remains will be killed. One by one the members began to leave. The Pastor left with them. Still remaining behind were 5 people who continued to stand there. When the doors were closed, the soldier in charge said, Are they gone now? The other soldier at door said, yes. He replied, Good. Let's have church now. ......and so they did.

Second story: Some Communist soldiers in Russia took a group of Christians to a frozen lake nearby to torture them into denying Christ.

They had all seven of them strip naked, march to the center of the lake and lie down on the ice.

The Russians sat nearby at edge of lake with a campfire and food cooking.

After about 3 hours one of the Christians came in and said, I renounce Christ and was released. The Russian soldier who released him stripped off his clothing, marched out to the ice and layed down. He said I will take his place. Seeing the 6 Christians REFUSE TO COME IN OFF THAT ICE. That was what turned the Russian soldier into a believer.

My thoughts about the Western Church - I know there are many faithful brothers and sister in Christ in the churches - I know they are as grieved as I am to see the emphasis on wealth & personal gain when Jesus himself had no place to lay his head and made it clear this world is not our home. He had nothing good to say about money that I can find. Only warnings. Soon enough America will know who the true Christians are just as other nations have learned who their own are. It happens in times of trial & great persecution.

I believe we are headed into that hour when great persecution is going to hit in America - for Christians - many people tell me they believe the rapture will come before any suffering occurs here - I do not believe so although I'm told that is precisely what the Chinese Church was expecting prior to their being taken over by communism. Their pastors told them, don't worry - we will all be gone in the rapture before any suffering happens!

So when persecution hits here it will be easy to identify everyone who proclaims the name of Jesus Christ as their savior. They will be the ones that stay seated while everyone else leaves ( 1st story ) and don't come in off the ice ( 2nd story ). Those that endure until the end the same shall be saved.

Forum List

Back