Christian help.

Sorry bout that,

1. Humm,...well Mashburn, you have to decide do you want to listen to a person who sits in darkness, the *black knights* here.
2. Or you listen to me, one who tells the truth, a *Knight In Shinning Armor*.
3. It really is that easy, anyone in here who claims they don't know about God, but are just throwing something out there, is a *black knight*, and they have no other reason to even post in your thread, other to trip you up, just like Satan does or wants to do to you.
4. I have no expectation from you, and only have shared to you the truth, and its all *Free*.
5. I expect nothing, no adulation, nothing, just trying to help, thats what the children of God are always willing to do.
6. These here who tempt you to turn away from God, they think they are just being honest about thier own lack of God instilled compassion, they are wandering in a wilderness without God.
7. And you think you have a problem?
8. You just need *be still* and to listen, the answers you lack will come.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. I am Catholic, and have studied *The Bible*, Gods word for over 20 years straight.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You've been straight for 20 years? :D

Find peace within, folks. Within yourself - not within a building with a steeple, the pages of a book, or among a crowd of "bellievers".

1. Been straight my whole life.
2. Been on *the straight path* for over 20 years.
3. Mr. H. claims that being with like minded believers is a bad thing.
4. Thats a lie, being within a church fellowship, is always a good idea.
5. Gathering together as a group of believers will strenghten you, but avoid preachers who will pound you with *guilt*, for thier is no forgiveness if *guilt* is the over riding teaching.
6. For why should I attend a group of believers if I am going to get a kick in the pants?
7. Paul taught of this, he said, for if I make you sad, who is it that will make me happy, sad people?
8. And he worked constantly and took no tith, keeping himself busy as a tent maker.
9. Those who sit in the, *dark knight* seat, will always try to trip you up, its nothing new, Satan did that, and so does his followers.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Trust me the closer you actually are to God, the more Satan wants to sift you as sand.
2. You are correct, Job was indeed sifted as sand, and suffered of Satan, and it happens today as well, those whom get to know God the best, and live acordingly, always have to suffer, and get tested, so there's nothing new under the sun, if you stride to stay up with God, you will always be followed closely by Satan, who would prefer that you stumbled.
3. So take cheer, be happy, if you feel you have been abandoned, take strenght, if you feel God has left you, trust God even more, hold on to your integrity, for thats apart of why you feel like you're alone.
4. Though you are in a darkened cistern full of mud and coldness, even still Gods with you there.
5. So trust in God, who is our salvation, and know that there really is a darkness out there, and lurking in the shadows, waiting for his opening to tempt you away from Jesus Christ.
6. Though we live to a hundred years, though we live to two hundred years, though we live to three hundred years, no one escapes the temptations of this world, the evil lurking within the boundries of life and death, for long life blooms from a straight path with God.
7. For the love of God sustains us.
7. (a) I am a *Knight in Shinning Armor* and there are *knights in black armor* amongst us, its very well known, to some of us, and its not hard to discern which armor one wears.
8. Stay thirsty my friends.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

your first few lines just hit me. I refer to Job so freakin much I cannot belive I missed it. not only did bad things happen to Job, but GOD STEPPED BACK. why did I not realize that could be and probably is the same case with me.

now I am upset that I little the little devil stomp a hole and me. but in a way it feels good to know God thought I could handle it; and better yet God won the battle cause I am slowing starting to stand again. and now I am stronger then I was last time. "what is the angel lucifer going to attack me with next".

I will continue to build myself and let God help. Jesus was builder for a reason, he loved to build. and he can build me anytime, and this time he can trully build me how ever he wishes.

thank you all who pray and help me.
I know pray that anyone in troubled times like me will read this. we will get out of any hole as long as we keep the ROD in our hand. and that ROD is walk I will be walking through when I walk through the shadows of death.

I feel so great, almost like a revival is happening at 1:00 and my wife is asleep and I'm basically all alone.

perhaps the op is having trouble with the concept that 'god touches your heart' he clearly feels he has not been touched.....sounds to me...like he is doubting his salvation more than anything...is this not what is called a crisis of faith? i have seen this before where someone is told...pray harder...she prayed all her waking hours...on her knees...and never got the answer she was seeking...does this mean her prayers were wrong or she was not worthy.....i dont think so....but i saw the conflict in the wanting of this peace that salvation was to bring and not having it...perhaps one can expect too much of a god...

i hope you find the peace you are searching for....

Pretty close. But I'm not looking for god to do a miracle. I'm looking for him. I would say I am in a crisis of faith. I want to have a relationship with the lord. To see or hear his voice. Blind faith is so hard.

For instance I an like a doubting thomas.

nothing wrong with that...so am i...that is why i left the church never to return...

perhaps you should look at other faiths.....

what other faiths? are you meaning penticostal, babtisit, catholic, lutheran? or are you meaning like Buddha?

I have tried many different Christian church's. but sadly a lot have a flaw or worse wrong with them. at least at the ones I looked at. but I have many friends of different types of christian, and I do not say anything negative. I know it works for them, and it does not work for me. and a pentacostal church next to my house is more then likely different then the one in new york.

I must read the word more to find out who has the most beliefs as I do. and maybe I should realize everyone has a something that will be a flaw.

I have really tried to obey everything I could think of in the bible under old and new testament (except for sacraficing). it states to obey evn the laws of men. I did the stupid speed limit of 30 MPH, and made so many people mad. I obeyed his laws and really started to show my love for everything even of the cat that bit the crap out of me and sent me to the hospital. and yes at times I felt like GOD was not only with me, but in me.
I did finally stop after months of being perfect. (I hate to say I was, but trust me I was mad crazy with making sure I was doing no wrong, or at least not doing anything wrong that I or anyone around knew of. and I have a lot of family who are pastures) the reason I stopped is I actually started feeling sick, and then one day it was like GOD just got up and left. so I started to study and talk to others more (I thought it was my fault); but the sickness only got worse. and the day I went to doing a regular speed and stop from making all the cars behind me mad, was the day I started to feel better and slightly feel GOD.
all that, that is underlined makes me feel so SAD. I really feel like I could cry my eyes like jesus did.

and no matter how far or close I get to GOD; I will every second say I will take all the suffering and pain Jesus went threw. and I mean that.

I actually have prayed when I was little I could take anothers kid (someone I never knew) diease or defect into my body whos family had no money, because I knew that I had my family who was rich, and I read the bible and felt that GOD would take care of me. well ten years after I prayed that nightly I had a brain tumor. if it was not for all the money my dad had, I would have been dead within weeks. my tumor had a strand coming off of it that was cutting off my brain steam.
I know its crazy mad to pray for something like that. but that was how much I love GOD's creation of man. I would take a tumor of my worse enemy any day. at least to give him a chance to live another day to get to know GOD.
Good luck. There's plenty of plot holes and contradictions strewn intermittently throughout the epic so be on the look out.

Pretty close. But I'm not looking for god to do a miracle. I'm looking for him. I would say I am in a crisis of faith. I want to have a relationship with the lord. To see or hear his voice. Blind faith is so hard.

For instance I an like a doubting thomas.

nothing wrong with that...so am i...that is why i left the church never to return...

perhaps you should look at other faiths.....

what other faiths? are you meaning penticostal, babtisit, catholic, lutheran? or are you meaning like Buddha?

I have tried many different Christian church's. but sadly a lot have a flaw or worse wrong with them. at least at the ones I looked at. but I have many friends of different types of christian, and I do not say anything negative. I know it works for them, and it does not work for me. and a pentacostal church next to my house is more then likely different then the one in new york.

I must read the word more to find out who has the most beliefs as I do. and maybe I should realize everyone has a something that will be a flaw.

There are always flaws within individual churches, just as there are flaws within people, because churches are people.

I'm Baptist; and actually conservative Baptist (or New Testament Baptist). Right now I don't have a church home because I am in a very small area and the one Baptist church here just isn't a good fit for me. I tried for two years to make it fit, but it just didn't. I found myself wanting to get up there and do the preaching myself, lol....and I had to keep myself from grinding my teeth during Sunday school. I finally decided it wasn't bringing me any closer to God and in fact I would just be worked up and irritated all day Sunday, so I stopped going. I'm seriously considering attending the Methodist church (sigh) because though I don't agree with their doctrine, I love the congregation there, I love the pastor (who is, incidentally, a woman) and the sense of family and community there. The Baptist church seems to have no sense of community, aside from their immediate family in Christ, and I just don't really like that.

mashburn, find a nondenominational church that rents their building and has no building fund and go there. I go to a Jesus is the Reason type open door Christlike church.
Serving Christ is being a Christian. Forget all of the other crap. Denominational religion strays from being Christlike so avoid that. Treat everyone the same, love thy neighbor and you are on your way.
Good luck.

mashburn, find a nondenominational church that rents their building and has no building fund and go there. I go to a Jesus is the Reason type open door Christlike church.
Serving Christ is being a Christian. Forget all of the other crap. Denominational religion strays from being Christlike so avoid that. Treat everyone the same, love thy neighbor and you are on your way.
Good luck.

I'm not sure that all denominational religion strays. I certainly don't think that the New Testament Baptist churches (which does essentially what you state in that it's just biblically based) strays from the teachings of Christ, far from it.

Well there are really two options.

1. You can believe there is some mystical force constantly surrounding you, and read too much into every minor event in life believing it's a message from some higher authority, and believe that these otherwise insignificant "signs" are signals are part of an intimate growing relationship you have with a person you never looked in the eyes or had a two way conversation with.

2. Or you can just be a good person.

If your religion is as tolerant and loving as you suggest, #2 should be more than sufficient for your goals.

1. You can believe there is some mystical force constantly surrounding you, and read too much into every minor event in life believing it's a message from some higher authority, and believe that these otherwise insignificant "signs" are signals are part of an intimate growing relationship you have with a person you never looked in the eyes or had a two way conversation with.

If your religion is as tolerant and loving as you suggest, #2 should be more than sufficient for your goals.

Romans 3:10-12, "None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one."

Isaiah 64:6, "All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away."

No matter how good a person is by our standards, they still fall far short of righteousness. We are still sinners, worthy of condemnation. Unless we repent of our sin and put our trust in Christ, we will have to face Gods judgment.

then be judged as a good person. if you believe that no one can actually be a responsible person and go good deeds in this world, you have a sad outlook on society.

then be judged as a good person. if you believe that no one can actually be a responsible person and go good deeds in this world, you have a sad outlook on society.

You misunderstand me. Of course people can do good deeds, but God is not concerned with our good works. We can't earn our way into heaven with good works, because no matter how many good things we do, we are still sinners by nature. We do evil every single day, and no amount of self discipline can make us perfect.

And that's fine, but you can still be a good person, and try to avoid as much sin as you can, though not perfect. It seems to be a wonderful goal to strive towards.

"Faith not works".

The one thing our religion requires of us is faith. Being a good person counts for nothing if you reject Christ. If we reject God, he rejects us. It's pretty simple, and really a very, very small requirement.

Can faith bring you to GOD if your life is hateful and sinful?

Many Christians apparently think that FAITH is all that matters.

Convenient that.

Can faith bring you to GOD if your life is hateful and sinful?

Many Christians apparently think that FAITH is all that matters.

Convenient that.

I suspect most of them are just hedging their bets.

You know, just in case.

God is loving. I love my kids alot, does that mean that I never had to correct them?

The concept of faith alone escapes you.

I think the OP is a perfect xtain

He doesn't want to read or learn anything but the Bible, and all he cares about is getting into heaven. It's all about Me, ME, ME!!!

Like I said, a perfect xtian

Forum List

Back