Christian help.

Just don't read the old testament, if you try to follow God's commands as he demanded in that part of the Bible all of us non-believers better start arming up.

That is a very naughty thought. There is little in the New Testament, not found in the Old. You should pray on that, and not lead others when your own footing is unsure.

It is a naughty thought? If Christians took the old testament seriously they'd be out killing non-believers, it directly says to in the old testament more than once. It even says kill them if they're a member of your family.

I wouldn't care if the Bible were found to be 100% scientifically accurate, I'm not worshipping a God who isn't even worthy of carrying my moral jockstrap.

You are not to good on reading comprehension are you. I am not coming from a Fundamentalist perspective. It is very wrong of you to assume that. I take Life Experience seriously, that includes what I read. That includes both Testaments. Read and learn. Be aware. Question everything. You can't do that with your head buried in the sand. Ignorance is not a get out of jail free card, or a passport to Eternal Salvation. Not being able to cope with the Old Testament, is your personal tangent. Teaching others, leading others astray, makes it something that needs to be called out. When one is in search of the truth, sometimes it is found between the lines, or even contrary to the stated claim. Some Truth's have multi level's, some truths are not revealed until the time is right. Your Conscience, in Communion with the Holy Spirit, is the best guide you will ever know. Setting up road blocks in the dark, blind folded, is not the path. Teaching others out of blindness, ignorance, or fear, is no way to proceed. I ain't telling you what your path is. I'm pointing out a stumbling block. Like I said, pray on it. Distinguish between God's path, and what others have falsely claimed in His Name, in word and Print.

Just don't read the old testament, if you try to follow God's commands as he demanded in that part of the Bible all of us non-believers better start arming up.

That is a very naughty thought. There is little in the New Testament, not found in the Old. You should pray on that, and not lead others when your own footing is unsure.

It is a naughty thought? If Christians took the old testament seriously they'd be out killing non-believers, it directly says to in the old testament more than once. It even says kill them if they're a member of your family.

I wouldn't care if the Bible were found to be 100% scientifically accurate, I'm not worshipping a God who isn't even worthy of carrying my moral jockstrap.

Another neg rep worthy asshole.

Yes, I'm sure you whine regularly about being "forced" to listen to Christians witness all the time..

Yet you are seeking out Christian threads to post antagonistic, rude and arrogant b.s.

And with only 3 rep points, too.

Great example of the tolerance of atheists.

You are not to good on reading comprehension are you. I am not coming from a Fundamentalist perspective. It is very wrong of you to assume that. I take Life Experience seriously, that includes what I read. That includes both Testaments. Read and learn. Be aware. Question everything. You can't do that with your head buried in the sand. Ignorance is not a get out of jail free card, or a passport to Eternal Salvation. Not being able to cope with the Old Testament, is your personal tangent. Teaching others, leading others astray, makes it something that needs to be called out. When one is in search of the truth, sometimes it is found between the lines, or even contrary to the stated claim. Some Truth's have multi level's, some truths are not revealed until the time is right. Your Conscience, in Communion with the Holy Spirit, is the best guide you will ever know. Setting up road blocks in the dark, blind folded, is not the path. Teaching others out of blindness, ignorance, or fear, is no way to proceed. I ain't telling you what your path is. I'm pointing out a stumbling block. Like I said, pray on it. Distinguish between God's path, and what others have falsely claimed in His Name, in word and Print.

I'm not good at reading comprehension? Where did I claim you're a fundamentalist? Or did you just drum that up in your head to make your argument easier?

Me quoting the Bible is because I have read and have learned. I don't think pulling quotes out of the Bible and addressing them is a "tangent" but to each his own I guess.

I wouldn't think the Word of God was meant to be questioned, yet followed and ascribed to submissively.

I've read the Bible cover to cover over and over, went to a Catholic school for years, baptized, communion, reconciled all that stuff involved with a dozen years of sunday school. But I take all parts of the Bible seriously including your God's infanticide and genocide, not just the happy Jesus parts.

Yes, I'm sure you whine regularly about being "forced" to listen to Christians witness all the time..

Yet you are seeking out Christian threads to post antagonistic, rude and arrogant b.s.

And with only 3 rep points, too.

Great example of the tolerance of atheists.

Saaawwwiiing and a miss!

I have no problem with people practicing in privacy and not shoving it down other's throats who don't want to hear it.

My only problem is with our government being outspokenly pro-christianity when it should be neutral.

Tolerance is I hope every person who wants to has 100% freedom to build as many churches as they want, wherever they want and practice how often they want, same goes for synagogues and mosques.

Just keep those tales out of the classroom and we're all good.

Yet you feel A-Ok about marching into discussions where believers are having a civil discourse and spreading your own brand of hate.

Fuck off.
And there's nothing in the Constitution that requires classrooms to "not" discuss Christianity.

Relax. God doesn't expect you to be perfect. He knows our faults and our hearts. If you try to hard, or get so upset with this, you may miss the Blessings He has already given you!

I will be praying for you and you can do the same for me. Best wishes, my friend!

I'm not good at reading comprehension? Where did I claim you're a fundamentalist? Or did you just drum that up in your head to make your argument easier?

Me quoting the Bible is because I have read and have learned. I don't think pulling quotes out of the Bible and addressing them is a "tangent" but to each his own I guess.

I wouldn't think the Word of God was meant to be questioned, yet followed and ascribed to submissively.

I've read the Bible cover to cover over and over, went to a Catholic school for years, baptized, communion, reconciled all that stuff involved with a dozen years of sunday school. But I take all parts of the Bible seriously including your God's infanticide and genocide, not just the happy Jesus parts.

I'm not the one advising people to not read the Old Testament, you are. That is my point. It is bad advice. I do view the Bible differently than you, I don't attribute Infanticide and Genocide to God because somebody made that claim. Who was Jeremiah Chapter 23 pointed at? Pray on it.Learn to distinguish between God and what others pervert in His Name. Let Conscience be your guide, not preconceived notion.

Because we hold it for a fundamental and undeniable truth, "that religion or the duty which we owe to our Creator and the manner of discharging it, can be directed only by reason and conviction, not by force or violence." The Religion then of every man must be left to the conviction and conscience of every man; and it is the right of every man to exercise it as these may dictate. This right is in its nature an unalienable right. It is unalienable, because the opinions of men, depending only on the evidence contemplated by their own minds cannot follow the dictates of other men: It is unalienable also, because what is here a right towards men, is a duty towards the Creator. It is the duty of every man to render to the Creator such homage and such only as he believes to be acceptable to him. This duty is precedent, both in order of time and in degree of obligation, to the claims of Civil Society. Before any man can be considerd as a member of Civil Society, he must be considered as a subject of the Governour of the Universe: And if a member of Civil Society, do it with a saving of his allegiance to the Universal Sovereign. We maintain therefore that in matters of Religion, no man's right is abridged by the institution of Civil Society and that Religion is wholly exempt from its cognizance. True it is, that no other rule exists, by which any question which may divide a Society, can be ultimately determined, but the will of the majority; but it is also true that the majority may trespass on the rights of the minority.

Because Religion be exempt from the authority of the Society at large, still less can it be subject to that of the Legislative Body. The latter are but the creatures and vicegerents of the former. Their jurisdiction is both derivative and limited: it is limited with regard to the co-ordinate departments, more necessarily is it limited with regard to the constituents. The preservation of a free Government requires not merely, that the metes and bounds which separate each department of power be invariably maintained; but more especially that neither of them be suffered to overleap the great Barrier which defends the rights of the people. The Rulers who are guilty of such an encroachment, exceed the commission from which they derive their authority, and are Tyrants. The People who submit to it are governed by laws made neither by themselves nor by an authority derived from them, and are slaves.

Because it is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. We hold this prudent jealousy to be the first duty of Citizens, and one of the noblest characteristics of the late Revolution. The free men of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entagled the question in precedents. They saw all the consequences in the principle, and they avoided the consequences by denying the principle. We revere this lesson too much soon to forget it. Who does not see that the same authority which can establish Christianity, in exclusion of all other Religions, may establish with the same ease any particular sect of Christians, in exclusion of all other Sects? that the same authority which can force a citizen to contribute three pence only of his property for the support of any one establishment, may force him to conform to any other establishment in all cases whatsoever?
Religious Freedom Page: Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments, James Madison (1785)

Yet you feel A-Ok about marching into discussions where believers are having a civil discourse and spreading your own brand of hate.

Fuck off.
And there's nothing in the Constitution that requires classrooms to "not" discuss Christianity.

Lol this talk from someone claiming I'm intolerant.

If you don't like my opinion ignore it, I'm not forcing you to direct me.

And nobody's forcing you to listen to Christian rhetoric. You're seeking it out, to bash Christians.

I reiterate...fuck off.

I'm not the one advising people to not read the Old Testament, you are. That is my point. It is bad advice. I do view the Bible differently than you, I don't attribute Infanticide and Genocide to God because somebody made that claim. Who was Jeremiah Chapter 23 pointed at? Pray on it.Learn to distinguish between God and what others pervert in His Name. Let Conscience be your guide, not preconceived notion.

Yeah maybe I shouldn't have said that, I should've said don't take it literally and hopefully you're disgusted by this horrible demand.

Everything I've heard and learned is that the Bible is the word of God, we'll agree to disagree on that.

And nobody's forcing you to listen to Christian rhetoric. You're seeking it out, to bash Christians.

I reiterate...fuck off.

My feelings aren't hurt, yours are.

I can discuss religion and anti-religion without immediately becoming hyper-sensitive, as you grow up hopefully you develop this same characteristic.

Have a nice day.

Drock's #2 post in this thread:

"I wouldn't care if the Bible were found to be 100% scientifically accurate, I'm not worshipping a God who isn't even worthy of carrying my moral jockstrap".

Wow. That's certainly civilized.
So piss off.

Last edited:

Yeah maybe I shouldn't have said that, I should've said don't take it literally and hopefully you're disgusted by this horrible demand.

Everything I've heard and learned is that the Bible is the word of God, we'll agree to disagree on that.

You can alway's search out contradictions. That is a good place to start. New Testament and Old. Different versions of events. Justifications that don't add up. I like Locke because he rooted his philosophy on the Two Great Commandments. Some of our founders, maybe even falsely labeled Deist's, were in fact, of Locke's camp. Madison, Jefferson, Thoreau.

"I wouldn't care if the Bible were found to be 100% scientifically accurate, I'm not worshipping a God who isn't even worthy of carrying my moral jockstrap".

So piss off.

Yep and that's exactly what I think. Actually without even knowing you I know you're morally far superior to God and about 99% of human beings are as well.

Have a good one.

Last edited:
perhaps the op is having trouble with the concept that 'god touches your heart' he clearly feels he has not been touched.....sounds to me...like he is doubting his salvation more than anything...is this not what is called a crisis of faith? i have seen this before where someone is told...pray harder...she prayed all her waking hours...on her knees...and never got the answer she was seeking...does this mean her prayers were wrong or she was not worthy.....i dont think so....but i saw the conflict in the wanting of this peace that salvation was to bring and not having it...perhaps one can expect too much of a god...

i hope you find the peace you are searching for....

So piss off.

Yep and that's exactly what I think. Actually without even knowing you I know you're morally far superior to God and about 99% of human beings are as well.

Have a good one.

And that's the problem. YOu seek out Christian threads to bash God & Christians; then piss and moan about what you IMAGINE is going on in their heads.

So piss off.

Have a good one.

And that's the problem. YOu seek out Christian threads to bash God & Christians; then piss and moan about what you IMAGINE is going on in their heads.

I haven't said one bad word about christians, but yes I don't like the christian god because of what the Bible says, not anything else.

Where did i complain about anything?

Forum List

Back