Christian friends of gays and lesbians

You are talking to a lady that openly posted that because Christians are opposed to same sex marriage they are more DANGEROUS then Muslim terrorists.

If she said that, she is very ignorant, Muslims are more against gays than any other religion.

"Muhammad himself had stated, “If you find anyone doing as Lot's people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done."

"A Gallup survey carried out in early 2009 found that British Muslims have zero tolerance for Homosexuality"

Islam and Homosexuality - WikiIslam

Like you said RGS, no need to be judgmental, that is not our job.

On the same note liking or disliking something is not judging, IMO, but hating is being judgmental.

Let me ask you a very serious question...If our laws did not protect Gay Americans, what do you think Christians (not all, but some) would do to us? If there were no legal repercussions, what do you think some Churches would advocate be done to us?

What did Christians do to you before there were legal repercussions?

You are talking to a lady that openly posted that because Christians are opposed to same sex marriage they are more DANGEROUS then Muslim terrorists.

If she said that, she is very ignorant, Muslims are more against gays than any other religion.

"Muhammad himself had stated, “If you find anyone doing as Lot's people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done."

"A Gallup survey carried out in early 2009 found that British Muslims have zero tolerance for Homosexuality"

On the same note liking or disliking something is not judging, IMO, but hating is being judgmental.

Let me ask you a very serious question...If our laws did not protect Gay Americans, what do you think Christians (not all, but some) would do to us? If there were no legal repercussions, what do you think some Churches would advocate be done to us?

NOTHING. what do you think would be done to gays?

Case in point:

NOM Sign: Lynch Gay Couples to Save Marriage | The Bilerico Project

BTW...NOM is in CA supporting Barbara Boxer's opponent for her senate seat....

That's shocking. You know what's interesting to me is that most of us gays and lesbians have personal stories to tell about anti-gay bigotry.

It doesn't come out of nowhere.

you know, you're right.

i hate fags. can't stand them. those fucking gay pride parades. disgusting.

i wish i could kill all of them.

if only it weren't for those damn hate crime laws.

soon as we get rid of those, its open season baby. vote republican.

and watch your back ******. i got my eye on you. you're next

If some Christians had their way homosexuality would be criminalized and pathologized.

I know really cool gay couples and a few that are assholes. Just like hetero people. My kids go to Catholic school with gay kids and at least one with gay dads. Non-issue in our church.

i'm sorry, but your opinion doesn't hold a lot of weight.

like it or not, the one source that does claim to speak for god is the bible, and according to the bible, homosexual acts are sinful.

on a personal note and in all seriousness, i committed adultery. i am not proud of it, but it happened. did i commit a sin, yes. would it be convenient for me to simply say, hey, god wouldn't consider adultery a sin now would he? i mean, come on, what does god really care about sex? everyone does it nowadays. it's natural.

now if you don't believe in the bible, that's great. more power to you. but if you do believe in the bible and want to claim god doesn't believe homosexual acts to be sinful, i think you've got a bit of a problem.
But Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. ;)
And if you are in a civil union or marriage with a same sex partner, and are faithful, in my opinion I don't think God would think it was a sin. I also don't think God would like people to spread hate in his name. I believe in God, but I don't believe the bible should not be taken so literally.

jesus may have never mentioned it, but it is in both the old and new testaments. christians aren't supposed to cherry-pick the parts they like.

Such absolutist thinking. So would it be hunky-dory for me to get drunk and fuck my daughters?

30And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.

31And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:

32Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

33And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

34And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

35And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

36Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.

37And the first born bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day.

38And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.

Genesis 19:30-19:38 - PassageLookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

Christian conservatives saying they have "many" gay friends is like conservative Republicans in Alabama saying, "I have many "black" friends".

And?

I know a few conservative Republicans in Alabama that have many black friends. The black ones have the most, but I think that has more to do with their church.

If some Christians had their way homosexuality would be criminalized and pathologized.

I don't think that's a valid argument since if some gays had their way Christianity would be criminalized and pathologized.

I don't think that's a valid argument since if some gays had their way Christianity would be criminalized and pathologized.

Really? Which gays think that way. Link please. Texas is recriminalizing homosexuality. In what state is Christianity criminalized?

Last edited:

Being that our laws protect all citizens, your question doesn't make much sense to me.:confused:

We have laws to protect individual rights, life, and liberties. I seriously doubt that in this day and time, and in this country, Christians would advocate anything be "done" to gays.

One thing that gets me, the stigma that ''Christians'' hate gays. I don't find that true.
I certainly don't. I have gay friends, and gay family members.
I can tell you this though..there are many NON CHRISTIANS that hate gays...so what about them? Why is it always ''Christians hate gays''??

Really? Which gays think that way. Link please.

Some gay atheists I know. Sorry, I don't have a link to our face to face discussions on the subject of religion.

Texas is recriminalizing homosexuality. In what state is Christianity criminalized?

That's irrelevant even if true. You seem to have missed the point.

What did Christians do to you before there were legal repercussions?

Killed us, locked us up, fired us from our jobs, kicked us out of churches, beat us up...

Then you are very, very naive.

you know, you're right.

i hate fags. can't stand them. those fucking gay pride parades. disgusting.

i wish i could kill all of them.

if only it weren't for those damn hate crime laws.

soon as we get rid of those, its open season baby. vote republican.

and watch your back ******. i got my eye on you. you're next

You may be tongue in cheek there....but you are naive to think that some wouldn't welcome the chance if there were no legal consequences.

We have a history of what has been done to gays before the civil rights movement. How quckly we forget.

Some Christians oppose hate crime legislation. Why is that?

New Topics

Forum List

Back