Christian Conservative Hate Group causes cancellation of Tea Party Rally

So this criticism you have is based on your feelings of being excluded?

More it is based upon the feeling that I am hated because of what I am.

Immie

That is indeed a terrible feeling, Immie. It is not one I have ever had coming from the NAACP.

I'd like to hear more of what experiences you have had that led you to feel this way.

Without a couch, and a shrink, I'm not sure I can answer that... although a beer or two... or three might help. :lol:

Edit: And I know and realize life has not been easy for people of color and I have no right to complain. That does not mean that I would not rather be able to walk up to an NAACP event sit down and not feel like I was intruding or that if looks could kill I would shortly be pushing up daisies.

Immie

Last edited:
More it is based upon the feeling that I am hated because of what I am.

Immie

That is indeed a terrible feeling, Immie. It is not one I have ever had coming from the NAACP.

I'd like to hear more of what experiences you have had that led you to feel this way.

Without a couch, and a shrink, I'm not sure I can answer that... although a beer or two... or three might help. :lol:

Edit: And I know and realize life has not been easy for people of color and I have no right to complain. That does not mean that I would not rather be able to walk up to an NAACP event sit down and not feel like I was intruding or that if looks could kill I would shortly be pushing up daisies.

Immie

What makes you think you'd be unwelcome at an NAACP meeting? The whole organizationi from the very beginning has been integrated black and white.

It hurts that you think like this.

Immie

What makes you think you'd be unwelcome at an NAACP meeting? The whole organizationi from the very beginning has been integrated black and white.

I am sorry, I had no intention of hurting you.

What makes me feel that way? Bits and pieces of speeches I have heard from NAACP events, mostly.

It may have started black and white, but as far as I can tell whites were pushed out long before I was born and I'm going on 50.

Immie

You know what, now that I think about it, I think I am glad that it hurts.

You seem to be very fond of the organization. I am not sure whether you are white or black, but you seem to have some concern for the organization and who knows maybe my statements will wake someone in the organization up!

As long as people like me who care about building bridges to the other side feel like I do, there is hope that racism can be defeated. When people stop caring, we are defeated.

Immie

Immie, I don't think watching outtakes from speeches has given you a fair impression of the NAACP. If you live in a large-ish city, it is likely there's a local chapter. I encourage you to reach out...mebbe through your church. I'll be very surprised if you are not welcomed by people with a mature, solution-oriented bent who share your concern for racial harmony.

You obviously care deeply and have much to offer....I feel confident you would feel (and be) welcomed.

Immie, I don't think watching outtakes from speeches has given you a fair impression of the NAACP. If you live in a large-ish city, it is likely there's a local chapter. I encourage you to reach out...mebbe through your church. I'll be very surprised if you are not welcomed by people with a mature, solution-oriented bent who share your concern for racial harmony.

You obviously care deeply and have much to offer....I feel confident you would feel (and be) welcomed.

You know, you may be right, but my problem is not with the people in the organization but rather with the upper echelon of the organization. Maybe here in Tampa, I would be welcomed, but the National Organization does not make me feel like I would be.

Immie

I would if they would stop telling my African-American ole lady to start dating a Brother instead of a White Guy.

I would if they would stop telling my African-American ole lady to start dating a Brother instead of a White Guy.

Don't let their ignorance of your love turn you into having the same mindset as those who would say that B.S. to you mudwhistle.

Tell them "She judges you on the content of your character, not the color of your skin"

;)

Forum List

Back