Christian Bale Visits Aurora Victims in Hospital

And, conveniently, hordes of cameras were there to capture this magnanimous gesture.

Exactly. Can anyone find the strange about all this? Dude walks into theater during Batman movie dressed as joker, mows down crowd with "assault weapon". Christian Bale shows up later at hospital with camera crew to visit victims, gets public pat on the back.

This is like the reality TV of reality TV, watching reality TV.

And, conveniently, hordes of cameras were there to capture this magnanimous gesture.

Exactly. Can anyone find the strange about all this? Dude walks into theater during Batman movie dressed as joker, mows down crowd with "assault weapon". Christian Bale shows up later at hospital with camera crew to visit victims, gets public pat on the back.

Lol, OK, so why arent all the other actors there too if it is such an easy gimme?

Bale deserves some credit, and I dont doubt his publicist would be considered incompetent if the cameras werent there, dont you think so too?

A true conservative can spot the cloud to every silver lining!

/jk

BTW, did you know that many movie critics see the batman trilogy as a conservative memed master piece?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/07/18/dark-knight-rises-review-batman-bain-ows

But Nolan isn't simply sending out barely coded messages to conservatives. He's brought the trilogy to a close in rousing fashion, leveraging bravura set pieces meant to convey the scope of the best comic book series ever committed to film.

http://douthat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/23/the-politics-of-the-dark-knight-rises/

In addition to effectively exploring the anxieties of a civilization threatened more by nihilists and world-burners than by traditional geopolitical rivals, Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy is notable for being much more explicitly right-wing than almost any Hollywood blockbuster of recent memory. I had thought that some of the conservative attempts to claim 2008’s “The Dark Knight” as a brief for the Bush-era War on Terror were overdrawn, but after watching the final movie’s faux-revolutionary villain appropriate the themes and exploit the grievances of the Occupy Wall Street movement in order to launch a 21st century Reign of Terror, I don’t really think the saga’s rightward political tilt can be denied. And it’s a testament to how rarely one sees that political tilt in American cinema, I suspect, that the mere existence of conservative themes in a major summer movie has inspired extraordinary overreactions from ideologically-inclined movie writers.

Last edited:

Not really conveniently. Hordes of cameras follow celebrities everywhere they go. The same cameras would have been there had Bale just been using the restroom.

Lol, OK, so why arent all the other actors there too if it is such an easy gimme?

Bale deserves some credit, and I dont doubt his publicist would be considered incompetent if the cameras werent there, dont you think so too?

The cameras are ALWAYS there. They are chasing Justin Beiber down the freeway at 100 miles an hour. They descend on Starbucks. The condo buildings on the Wilshire Corridor have security enough to keep anyone from getting past the lobby. Christian Bale showed a lot of class.

Mega-bucks are riding on the promoted "block-buster" and the movers and shakers in Hollywood ain't gonna stand by and watch a shooting tragedy ruin their investment. Do you think Bale had any choice? the fact that we know about his visit is indicative of a slick Hollywood publicity stunt.

Bale is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't show up.

Does the left think in cliches all the time? Who in their right mind would have damned an actor if he didn't take time out of his busy schedule for a first class flight to Colorado and a limo ride to Aroura to visit people injured by a crazy gunman? The poor people probably wouldn't even have recognized the actor if the media didn't make an issue out of it. How about giving blood? That would be a positive indication.

This is a really good example of why rw's are a pox upon the land, a pestilence, an ugly blot that cannot stand to see someone else do some good.

"Words cannot express the horror that I feel," Bale said in a statement over the weekend, following the attack that left 12 dead and 58 others injured. "I cannot begin to truly understand the pain and grief of the victims and their loved ones, but my heart goes out to them."

You'll never hear rw's say anything like this.

BUT, I do remember some jackass rw here, saying that Trayvon Martin's mother was enjoying the attention of the media.

Nasty, vile people. It seems likely they just can't understand something as basic as compassion.

Whatever their sick agenda, its best to ignore them lest we start to smell like they do.

I thought the story only really got out due to people in the hospital tweeting/facbooking/posting pictures of Bale with the wounded people.

Christian Bale visits victims of shooting at Colorado hospital (+video) - CSMonitor.com

I think its more likely that the FBing and Tweeting folk wanted to get their names printed or their mugs in the paper.

Forum List

Back