Christian acceptance of birth control is the linchpin of all that has gone wrong since 1930

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
CHAPTER 98

Christian acceptance of birth control is the linchpin of all that has gone wrong since 1930.

When Christians wonder why morality has completely broken down, why the family is in tatters, why so many children are born out of wedlock and in broken homes, why so many marriages end in divorce, why people hurl contempt at the few Christians left who still adhere to traditional Christian morals, know it is this...

In 1930, the Anglican Church turned its back on thousands of years of Christian doctrine and allowed that birth control could sometimes be permitted between a married couple.

And that was the beginning of the collapse of Western civilization...

The collapse is now almost complete. We can't even make logical arguments that will stand against people of the same sex entering into the sacred state of marriage. We abandoned the logic behind Christian sexual morality in 1930, and that abandonment of logic meant that none of the other rules of sexual morality could stand either.

And now, only the Roman Catholic Church stands for the traditional teaching that artificial birth control is a contradiction of God's law.

But how many Catholics listen to their own Church on this critically important teaching?

The silence from the pulpits is deafening. In 51 years of going to Mass on Sunday, I have literally NEVER heard a priest explain in a homily why birth control is wrong.

It was only my own initiative that made me realize this in 1994. No priest guided me to the truth, I had to guide myself. I read Pope Pius VI's encyclical In Humanae Vitae, and I realized that all his predictions had come true:

Humanae Vitae (July 25, 1968) | Paul VI

17. Responsible men can become more deeply convinced of the truth of the doctrine laid down by the Church on this issue if they reflect on the consequences of methods and plans for artificial birth control. Let them first consider how easily this course of action could open wide the way for marital infidelity and a general lowering of moral standards. Not much experience is needed to be fully aware of human weakness and to understand that human beings—and especially the young, who are so exposed to temptation—need incentives to keep the moral law, and it is an evil thing to make it easy for them to break that law. Another effect that gives cause for alarm is that a man who grows accustomed to the use of contraceptive methods may forget the reverence due to a woman, and, disregarding her physical and emotional equilibrium, reduce her to being a mere instrument for the satisfaction of his own desires, no longer considering her as his partner whom he should surround with care and affection.

Does anyone doubt that the "modern male" has absolutely no respect for women? We see it in Hollywood portrayals of women that they are merely "sex objects" here to satisfy men's lustful desires. Characters like Barney Stinson are admired for their ability to seduce women into their beds, then discard them like used toys, with no consequences to themselves. What happens to the woman is never even considered. The man who is faithful to one woman for life, like Marshall Erikson, is mocked and denigrated by the others.

No, it was the Polish reign of terror against Jews after WW1 which started the decline of western civilisation.

How can one not know birth control is as old a practice as humanity itself?

1930? Really?

I mean even condoms are over 150 years old.

CHAPTER 98

Christian acceptance of birth control is the linchpin of all that has gone wrong since 1930.

When Christians wonder why morality has completely broken down, why the family is in tatters, why so many children are born out of wedlock and in broken homes, why so many marriages end in divorce, why people hurl contempt at the few Christians left who still adhere to traditional Christian morals, know it is this...

In 1930, the Anglican Church turned its back on thousands of years of Christian doctrine and allowed that birth control could sometimes be permitted between a married couple.

The collapse is now almost complete. We can't even make logical arguments that will stand against people of the same sex entering into the sacred state of marriage. We abandoned the logic behind Christian sexual morality in 1930, and that abandonment of logic meant that none of the other rules of sexual morality could stand either.

And now, only the Roman Catholic Church stands for the traditional teaching that artificial birth control is a contradiction of God's law.

But how many Catholics listen to their own Church on this critically important teaching?

The silence from the pulpits is deafening. In 51 years of going to Mass on Sunday, I have literally NEVER heard a priest explain in a homily why birth control is wrong.

It was only my own initiative that made me realize this in 1994. No priest guided me to the truth, I had to guide myself. I read Pope Pius VI's encyclical In Humanae Vitae, and I realized that all his predictions had come true:

17. Responsible men can become more deeply convinced of the truth of the doctrine laid down by the Church on this issue if they reflect on the consequences of methods and plans for artificial birth control. Let them first consider how easily this course of action could open wide the way for marital infidelity and a general lowering of moral standards. Not much experience is needed to be fully aware of human weakness and to understand that human beings—and especially the young, who are so exposed to temptation—need incentives to keep the moral law, and it is an evil thing to make it easy for them to break that law. Another effect that gives cause for alarm is that a man who grows accustomed to the use of contraceptive methods may forget the reverence due to a woman, and, disregarding her physical and emotional equilibrium, reduce her to being a mere instrument for the satisfaction of his own desires, no longer considering her as his partner whom he should surround with care and affection.

Does anyone doubt that the "modern male" has absolutely no respect for women? We see it in Hollywood portrayals of women that they are merely "sex objects" here to satisfy men's lustful desires. Characters like Barney Stinson are admired for their ability to seduce women into their beds, then discard them like used toys, with no consequences to themselves. What happens to the woman is never even considered. The man who is faithful to one woman for life, like Marshall Erikson, is mocked and denigrated by the others.
There’s no doubt that the thread premise fails as a confusion of correlation and causation fallacy.

Western Civilization is not subject to ‘collapse,’ the notion is ignorant nonsense.

And there is no logic in support of the ‘argument’ that same-sex couples should be denied access to marriage law; indeed, the 14th Amendment jurisprudence prohibiting the states from denying same-sex couples access to marriage law applies solely to government, not private persons or originations such as religious entities, who are at liberty to refuse to accommodate same-sex couples with regard to religious marriage rituals.

Consequently, no ‘logic’ was ‘abandoned,’ as it never existed to begin with – religions and their adherents may continue to observe their subjective rules of sexual morality unaffected by the use of contraceptives.

CHAPTER 98

There’s no doubt that the thread premise fails as a confusion of correlation and causation fallacy.

Western Civilization is not subject to ‘collapse,’ the notion is ignorant nonsense.

And there is no logic in support of the ‘argument’ that same-sex couples should be denied access to marriage law; indeed, the 14th Amendment jurisprudence prohibiting the states from denying same-sex couples access to marriage law applies solely to government, not private persons or originations such as religious entities, who are at liberty to refuse to accommodate same-sex couples with regard to religious marriage rituals.

Consequently, no ‘logic’ was ‘abandoned,’ as it never existed to begin with – religions and their adherents may continue to observe their subjective rules of sexual morality unaffected by the use of contraceptives.
Your arguments have a "sameness" to them that make it quite boring to read anything you have to say.

You always throw in the word "fallacy" to describe any argument you disagree with.

Then you mention the Fourteenth Amendment, is if it has any relevance in a religious discussion.

Your conclusions are always the same, that somehow that same-sex marriage is a Constitutional right, and we've been misinterpreting the Constitution for hundreds of years when we thought otherwise.

Your conclusions are always the same, that somehow that same-sex marriage is a Constitutional right, and we've been misinterpreting the Constitution for hundreds of years when we thought otherwise.
How is that not the conclusion of the USSC?

Forum List

Back