Christ Magnifying The Law

THE OP Should be listing the Law instead of some sermon, perhaps then saving the time from such jibberish posted and finding out that Jesus caused them to break all
Ten Commandments. Simplest of laws broken by the idol worship and acts of the recipients.

Jeremiah is only interested in cutting and pasting...if their Jesus magnified the law then the followers of Jesus are like those silly little monkeys covering their eyes ,ears and mouth because they will speak no evil against him hear no evil against him and see no evil against him because to really take a good long look they would realize he didn't magnify the law but as you say broke it and smashed everyone of them into pieces as did his followers... But then that would make Jeremiah and Jesus and all those who follow the least in the kingdom to come according to their saviours words .... Wink...

Christ still honours the law by continuing to require its fulfillment as a condition of saving those for whom he died. He requires them first to confess and renounce

Where in the Bible does it say that our salvation under Christ is conditional?
It is not. Believe and be saved. Our work is not required. Christ did away with your sin once and for all.
The law is death. God didn't like it when He gave it to the Jews and still doesn't.

Romans 7: 4-6 So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Because:
The purpose of the law was to increase sin. (Romans 5:20)
If the law worked then faith would be irrelevant. (Romans 4:14)
The law brings wrath upon those who follow it. (Romans 4:15)

Christians are not under the law. (Romans 6:14)

Christians have been delivered from the law. (Romans 7:1-6)

Putting yourself under the Laws of Moses puts your eyes squarely on yourself and off of Christ. It is frustrating for that reason.
The law frustrates grace. (Galatians 2:21)

When you work on your salvation, God rests. Put yourself under the wings of Christ and you rest, while God completes His work in you.
The law was a curse that Christ redeemed us from. (Galatians 3:13)
If the law worked God would have used it to save us. (Galatians 3:21)

Good works are for reward. Salvation comes from Christ, and there isn't one thing you can do to add to His work. It is already finished.

Obedience is not good works. We are not doing God a favor when we obey Him. We obey Him because it our duty to obey Him. We keep His commandments because we love Him. If we don't love Him, we won't keep His commandments.

We obey Him and call ourselves "unprofitable servants."

It is written: So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.
Luke 17:10

Jesus said, If you love me, keep my commandments. He didn't say He'd keep them for us. He said, "You keep them."

No worker of iniquity can enter the kingdom of heaven. Not even a "born again" worker of iniquity. Once saved always saved is not true. ....without holiness no one will see the LORD.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Matthew 5:8

Jesus said this. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. The reverse is true - cursed are the impure in heart: for they shall not see God. It is written: The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God. Psalm 9:17

The answer was in Post #18

Post 18#

The Scriptures tell us that without holiness no one will see the LORD. So if a Christian is sinning they cease to be holy and if they die in that state of unholiness (unrepented sin) they would go to hell. What Finney says here in the following Q & A would never be accepted as the truth by most of America's preachers. Nevertheless, it is the truth.

"Does a Christian cease to be a Christian whenever he commits a sin?

"I answer: whenever he sins, he must for the time being cease to be holy...He must incur the penalty of the law of God. If it be said that the precept is still binding upon him, but that with respect to the Christian the penalty is forever set aside, I reply that to abrogate (set aside) the penalty is to repeal the penalty, for a precept without penalty is no law. It is only counsel or advise. The Christian, therefore, is justified NO LONGER THAN HE OBEYS, AND MUST BE CONDEMNED WHEN HE DISOBEYS... Until he repents he cannot be forgiven.
- Charles Finney

Jesus said, If you love me, keep my commandments. He didn't say He'd keep them for us. He said, "You keep them."

Galatians 5:14
For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
Romans 13:8
Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.
Galatians 6:2
Carry one another's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the Law of Christ.
Mark 12:31
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
Matthew 22:36-40
“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
John 15:12
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

There is no s at the end of commandment. Christ gave us one to follow and He couldn't have been clearer about it as you can see from the verses above.
You have a choice. You can follow Moses' commandments, (at your peril by the way)
^James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. All 600+. You don't get to pick your favorites.
Or you can keep one and fulfill all 600+. The one Christ gave us. We are under a new covenant.
I choose the one Christ gave us. It is a lighter yoke.

Last edited:

Galatians 5:14
For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
Romans 13:8
Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.
Galatians 6:2
Carry one another's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the Law of Christ.
Mark 12:31
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
Matthew 22:36-40
“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
John 15:12
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

There is no s at the end of commandment. Christ gave us one to follow and He couldn't have been clearer about it as you can see from the verses above.
You have a choice. You can follow Moses' commandments, (at your peril by the way)
^James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. All 600+. You don't get to pick your favorites.
Or you can keep one and fulfill all 600+. The one Christ gave us. We are under a new covenant.
I choose the one Christ gave us. It is a lighter yoke.

Charles Finney clearly disagrees with your interpretation of Scripture, Irish Ram, and with good reason. You are not looking at the whole counsel of God on this matter of sin when you quote the Scriptures. So let me quote Galatians Chapter 5 where you have quoted one verse and let's examine the verse before the one you quoted and the verses that follow.....

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Galatians 5: 13-24

In the verse 13 which precedes the Scripture you quoted we see this:

For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. (verse 13)

So we have been called unto liberty but not to use that liberty as an occasion for the flesh. First note there is an IF concerning those who are not under the law. What is it? If ye be led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law. The reverse is true. If ye are not led by the Spirit, ye are under the law. If you are not led by the Spirit of God you are being led by your flesh. You are not to use your freedom for an occasion to the flesh.

What is this referring to? The flesh? Sin.

See verse 19, 20, 21. Who is Galatians 5 speaking to? The born again Believer. What is Galatians 5:19,20,21 identifying? The works of the flesh.
What are the works of the flesh manifest? Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance,emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envying, murders, drunknessness, revellings, and such like...... and what is the warning in verse 21? A REPEATED warning. He is making it clear, of which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

Finney is clearly preaching the pure Word of God in his answer which I quote him in post #18. Of Galatians Chapter 5 what shall we say then? There is no mistaking what this message is. What is the message? If ye be led by the Spirit of God, ye are not under the law. If you be led by your flesh? You're under the law and the law judges you for every sin of the flesh. The Law which finds the adulterer, fornicator, wrathful person, drunkard, reveller, envier and the rest of the list - as GUILTY - therein the person cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

I repeat - No worker of iniquity can enter the kingdom of heaven.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Who then belongs to Christ? Those who have crucified the flesh.

It is written:
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Galatians 5:24

There are many believers who die before their time. Many who suffer serious accidents, perils, loss of children, horrible sufferings which come from disobedience. They have taken the hedge of protection down with their own hands through sin. All sin is unrighteousness and the unrighteous shall not enter the kingdom of heaven. So the Believer that turns back to live in the flesh is leaving themselves wide open for attack on themselves, their homes, their children, families and if they die in that sin they suffer in hell for all eternity for those sin(s). One sin is enough to send a person to hell.

It is written:
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
1 John 5:17-19

In verse 18, John tells us this as a matter of fact...... we know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not. What is John saying? He is saying we know that born again believers do not sin. How so? He tells us...... but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself........ who keeps him from sinning? He keeps himself from sinning. Is this possible? John would not tell us this if were not possible. Indeed it is the life of a Believer who is walking in the Spirit and not according to their flesh. They have crucified their flesh. They belong to Jesus Christ now.

But note the last verse...... The wicked one toucheth him not. Who is the wicked one. Satan. Why can he not touch the Believer who keeps himself from sin? He has no legal right, no legal grounds to touch that one. Because that one keepeth himself from sin.

If the readers will look at the Testimony of the believers thread, they will find that there are testimonies from former witch doctors, satanists, witches who have left the occult and are now born again believers, followers of Jesus Christ - and they say that they could not touch the Born again Believers who lived in holiness and kept themselves from sin. They couldn't touch them. Yet they were able to do harm to /even kill believers who were living in sin because Satan had legal grounds to petition God and do them harm.

Now what about the children of Believers. What happens to them when they forget the laws of God?

It is written:
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.
Hosea 4:6

Notice that God tells us, since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children. This is a very well used verse (Hosea 4:6) in the body of Christ but they stop short at My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Rarely if ever will we find the person quoting the full verse which reveals what happens to the one who rejects knowledge. Who forgets the law of God! God will forget our children if we forget His law.

It is a very serious matter this matter of sin. It is rampant in churches across America and because of the "love Gospel"......... people fear to confront sin and warn others to come out of it because they don't want to be accused of "judging others".. being "under the law"...or not "walking in love"....

To this I say, anyone who does not love their brother enough to show them the Scriptures which prove that God will not receive any worker of iniquity into His kingdom of Heaven - does not understand Calvary love.

God's love warns the people - do not sin - live holy, pray, fast, seek the Lord with your whole Heart. When you live holy you will have confidence towards God in your prayers to Him. You know that He will hear you.

I have wondered before what unbelievers must think about a Minister who tells his congregation that they are going to sin every day until the day they die and that is just the way it is. Surely the unbeliever thinks, what is the difference then between my life and theirs? If I sin every day and they sin every day what is the difference? Shouldn't the born again sinning Minister be in hell with the unbelieving sinner who rejects Christ? There can be only one answer. Yes.

Because you cannot call Jesus Lord and then not do what He commands you to do. If we do not obey Jesus Christ then we lie each time we call Him Lord.

Jesus asks this question:
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Luke 6:46

What are the works of the flesh manifest? Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance,emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envying, murders, drunknessness, revellings, and such like...

Why do you equate one who follows Christ with the works of the flesh? Are you not a new person when you accept Christ? Does God not do work in you? Does one live for Christ and for witchcraft? Accepting Christ does not mean you can live like hell because Christ has you covered.

Thing is I did not interpret anything. I took Christ at His word. Those are His words in my post, not some preacher's interpretation of what he said or meant.
Why keep the old covenant and the new one. There is no reason for it. The difference between them is the difference between life and death. Mosaic Law leads to death. Christ's law leads to life. When you work God can't. You can either work to keep Jewish Law or you can rest in the Lord and let Him work through you. If you love your neighbor, will you murder him?

You keep skipping over the verse about having to keep, not just 10 Jewish laws, but all of them. I didn't make that up. You are either following Moses, where God is Judge, or you can follow Christ, who gave us our Father back. Did Jesus not sprinkle His blood on God's alter? If you, a Gentile, has to keep Jewish Law then there still needs to be a veil in the Temple to separate you, sinner, from God, holiness. It was there for a reason. And yet Christ rent it in half, top to bottom. Understand the significance of that act. It is the very reason you can now go boldly to the throne. If you are in Christ, you have no sin. And here is the proof. (Not to be interpreted by anyone)

And this explains why:
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, < (Notice it is not for us to fulfill, it is fulfilled, in us, already, past tense) who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

If you are in Christ, your sins are gone. There is nothing for the Jewish God to condemn you for. God is not your Judge. He is your Abba. That is why there is no longer a need for a veil. You have direct access to your Father because of Christ. No veil necessary.
While you are busy making sure your flesh doesn't do anything wrong, your eyes are on your self. Rest in the knowledge that Christ fulfilled the Law for you, and set your eyes on Him, then He will make sure you are covered.
I could quote a zillion NT verses on how Mosaic Law was a horrible thing to be under. How God Himself hated the Law. And why we are under a new covenant, not a co-covenant.

The verses I quoted above are from Romans. They were Gentiles. Romans was written for Gentiles, just as Hebrews was written for the Hebrew.
Consider this honey, You are a Roman in Christ. Paul is talking to you now. I want you to understand that there is no condemnation in your future. Any sin you have committed, are committing, or will commit before you die, Christ has already paid for. And God put it behind him. Ask and you are forgiven on the spot. There is no Judge. Accept Christ and your name is written in the book of life at that instant, not at some later date after you have worked on your redemption, and added to what Christ did.
I'll bet that today alone, you have broken a Mosaic Law. And yet if you were to drop dead one minute from now, you would be standing in front of your loving Father 1minute and 1 second later. With no sin attached. That Jewish Law you broke earlier in the day? Covered in blood. God can't see it. Christ removed it for you. One of the reasons for praying in the Spirit is because it knows what you need better than you do. You can sin and not even know it.

Pray, rest, love. Stop trying to be a good Jew. Be a good Christian, for Christ's sake.

Last edited:
That is probably the longest post I have ever made. Sorry about the length. But there is an excerise I gave to my youth group that made it clear to them what Christ did on the cross in individual terms. I'd like to share it with you.

We had a court room. The preacher was the judge, an adult that was there played Satan, our prosecutor at one table, and I put my Dad at the other table as, Christ, our defender. The kids loved my Dad and trusted him. At my Dad's table was a bottle you put catsup in for picnics and an old towel.
I gave the kids each a paper with one of the other kid's name on it. They were to list the sins of the other kid. There were things like, he swore at the teacher, she kissed so and so. Then they gave the papers to the person whose name was on the paper.
So there they were sitting there with their sins exposed in writing and justifiably so.

I split them in to two groups. One group who felt they had no need for Christ. The other group that did need Christ in their life.
Then they all died. And I sat them in the seats of the court room. I explained to those in group A that when their name was called, to hand their paper to Satan so he could accuse them. Satan knows the God is 100% just and the sentence for sin is death.
I had group B sit behind my Dad and told them when their name is called that they had a defender who would argue for them. I called one from that group first.
Satan accused her of being human therefore a sinner for sure, and the punishment for sin is death.
Then it was Christ's turn. He took her sheet of sin, picked up the catsup container, that was filled with red paint, and squirted it all over the paper, then said, "Father, she asked me to cover her sins and I did, remember? I don't see any sin, do you?" And God said, "I don't see any sin, all I see is your pure blood. Case dismissed, come on in."

I was going to ask Group A if they wanted to change their mind about not needing Christ, but I didn't have to. They were already handing their sins over to Christ and He was hugging them and they were laughing. They got it. They understood what Christ did for them on the cross. Be good for His sake because He was good to you first. Love each other, because it is all He asks in return.

Last edited:
What are the works of the flesh manifest? Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance,emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envying, murders, drunknessness, revellings, and such like...

Why do you equate one who follows Christ with the works of the flesh? Are you not a new person when you accept Christ? Does God not do work in you? Does one live for Christ and for witchcraft? Accepting Christ does not mean you can live like hell because Christ has you covered.

Thing is I did not interpret anything. I took Christ at His word. Those are His words in my post, not some preacher's interpretation of what he said or meant.
Why keep the old covenant and the new one. There is no reason for it. The difference between them is the difference between life and death. Mosaic Law leads to death. Christ's law leads to life. When you work God can't. You can either work to keep Jewish Law or you can rest in the Lord and let Him work through you. If you love your neighbor, will you murder him?

You keep skipping over the verse about having to keep, not just 10 Jewish laws, but all of them. I didn't make that up. You are either following Moses, where God is Judge, or you can follow Christ, who gave us our Father back. Did Jesus not sprinkle His blood on God's alter? If you, a Gentile, has to keep Jewish Law then there still needs to be a veil in the Temple to separate you, sinner, from God, holiness. It was there for a reason. And yet Christ rent it in half, top to bottom. Understand the significance of that act. It is the very reason you can now go boldly to the throne. If you are in Christ, you have no sin. And here is the proof. (Not to be interpreted by anyone)

And this explains why:
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, < (Notice it is not for us to fulfill, it is fulfilled, in us, already, past tense) who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

If you are in Christ, your sins are gone. There is nothing for the Jewish God to condemn you for. God is not your Judge. He is your Abba. That is why there is no longer a need for a veil. You have direct access to your Father because of Christ. No veil necessary.
While you are busy making sure your flesh doesn't do anything wrong, your eyes are on your self. Rest in the knowledge that Christ fulfilled the Law for you, and set your eyes on Him, then He will make sure you are covered.
I could quote a zillion NT verses on how Mosaic Law was a horrible thing to be under. How God Himself hated the Law. And why we are under a new covenant, not a co-covenant.

The verses I quoted above are from Romans. They were Gentiles. Romans was written for Gentiles, just as Hebrews was written for the Hebrew.
Consider this honey, You are a Roman in Christ. Paul is talking to you now. I want you to understand that there is no condemnation in your future. Any sin you have committed, are committing, or will commit before you die, Christ has already paid for. And God put it behind him. Ask and you are forgiven on the spot. There is no Judge. Accept Christ and your name is written in the book of life at that instant, not at some later date after you have worked on your redemption, and added to what Christ did.
I'll bet that today alone, you have broken a Mosaic Law. And yet if you were to drop dead one minute from now, you would be standing in front of your loving Father 1minute and 1 second later. With no sin attached. That Jewish Law you broke earlier in the day? Covered in blood. God can't see it. Christ removed it for you. One of the reasons for praying in the Spirit is because it knows what you need better than you do. You can sin and not even know it.

Pray, rest, love. Stop trying to be a good Jew. Be a good Christian, for Christ's sake.
Your sins are not gone if you keep on sinning, Irish Ram. To give you a clear idea of how very dangerous this doctrine is which you've been taught, I'm going to ask you to please listen to this teaching by Michael Boldea. In his most recent broadcast -he addresses this very topic - of once saved always saved - please listen, Irish Ram. I believe that you will find what he has to say extremely interesting and important. Thank you for listening. Note - you can fast forward to about 12:00 time line on this video and listen from that point forward if you wish. Thanks again for listening to what God has given him for the body of Christ in this hour. You'll find the message is based on the KJV Holy Bible - the doctrine of Jesus Christ. I believe as Believers we should always be like the Bereans and compare what we are being told with the Written Word of God. If what a minister teaches does not line up 100% with the Holy Bible we cannot accept that teaching.

Last edited:
John Mulinde speaks to a church in Jerusalem and teaches them by example of Moses, by teaching the difference between Saul and David, by revealing the Holy Written Word of God and what it means to be an obedient servant of God. Any church that teaches their people that repentance is no longer necessary, that God does not see "our sins" any longer - is a false church and is under the curse of God Almighty!!!

Is it any wonder the Jews are wondering what is this faith the followers of Jesus Christ profess? May God expose those false teachers who have denied the Written Word of God and taught things that are not true. May God expose the lies that teach people holiness is not necessary to enter into heaven! May God reveal His truth throughout the earth - according to the written Word of God.

May God's Will be fulfilled throughout the earth. May those who have denied His Holy Word,who have forgotten God's Law, who have disobeyed His commandments and taught others to do so, Repent, REPENT!!! and turn back to God and Believe His Holy Written Word!

Jere, I never advocated accepting Christ in your life and then living as a hedonistic reprobate. I never said it, don't condone it.
It isn't an either or situation. Bad people can do good things. Good people can do bad things. Christians can "backslide" What a backslider did while back"slidden", was dealt with on the cross. Christ bore it, and then covered it with His blood. He died because of it and returned without it. It is gone once and for all. The reason I try to avoid sin is because I don't want Jesus to have been up on that cross any longer than necessary for my sake.
Christians are not judged on our sins. Period. Therefore NOW, there is NO condemnation, because someone else was condemned for the exact same sin. We are not judged, we are forgiven. If you say, I am in Christ and act like hell for the majority of your life, and then ask God to forgive you, He will. If it were not true than Samson needs to relocate. We have a God that will forgive us anything. Not for our sake, but for His Son's sake. It pleases God to honor His Son. Forgiving us is the way He does it.

To repent means to turn from wickedness, not embrace it. No matter what we have done, if our heart is sincere, our Father will forgive and remove your sin as far from you as the east is from the west. For Christ's sake. Compared to Christ's work, any works we have to offer are described as filthy by God. That is what he thinks about being good so you can get into heaven. If Mosaic Law worked, Christ's death would have been a waste of time. Legalism is a dangerous path, and insists that Abba revert to Judge.

I know you, I know your walk. If there were no rules for you to try to keep, you would still be a good and worthy servant, because you love the Lord. You have fulfilled the Law. You do what Christ asked you to do, so rest. The Spirit inside of you will see to it that you continue to love. And your Father will never stop forgiving you if an inequity should cause you to stumble. His love for you is stronger than your ability to sin.
Think about the fact that faithfully, daily, you share the word of God while being ridiculed for doing so. So I know you aren't doing it for self, but out of love, for the very people that mock you. Because you get it. Rest in that. Enjoy being a child of the most High. You do not need any laws to love.

Jere, I never advocated accepting Christ in your life and then living as a hedonistic reprobate. I never said it, don't condone it.
It isn't an either or situation. Bad people can do good things. Good people can do bad things. Christians can "backslide" What a backslider did while back"slidden", was dealt with on the cross. Christ bore it, and then covered it with His blood. He died because of it and returned without it. It is gone once and for all. The reason I try to avoid sin is because I don't want Jesus to have been up on that cross any longer than necessary for my sake.
Christians are not judged on our sins. Period. Therefore NOW, there is NO condemnation, because someone else was condemned for the exact same sin. We are not judged, we are forgiven. If you say, I am in Christ and act like hell for the majority of your life, and then ask God to forgive you, He will. If it were not true than Samson needs to relocate. We have a God that will forgive us anything. Not for our sake, but for His Son's sake. It pleases God to honor His Son. Forgiving us is the way He does it.

To repent means to turn from wickedness, not embrace it. No matter what we have done, if our heart is sincere, our Father will forgive and remove your sin as far from you as the east is from the west. For Christ's sake. Compared to Christ's work, any works we have to offer are described as filthy by God. That is what he thinks about being good so you can get into heaven. If Mosaic Law worked, Christ's death would have been a waste of time. Legalism is a dangerous path, and insists that Abba revert to Judge.

I know you, I know your walk. If there were no rules for you to try to keep, you would still be a good and worthy servant, because you love the Lord. You have fulfilled the Law. You do what Christ asked you to do, so rest. The Spirit inside of you will see to it that you continue to love. And your Father will never stop forgiving you if an inequity should cause you to stumble. His love for you is stronger than your ability to sin.
Think about the fact that faithfully, daily, you share the word of God while being ridiculed for doing so. So I know you aren't doing it for self, but out of love, for the very people that mock you. Because you get it. Rest in that. Enjoy being a child of the most High. You do not need any laws to love.

Dear Sister, my point is not that of a follower of Jesus living like a hedonistic reprobate but rather a follower of Jesus living in a single sin in his thought life is enough to send that person to hell. The Lord is telling me to give you this portion of John Mulinde's testimony. When you hear it you will know that the Lord was speaking to John Mulinde, @IrishRam. When you hear it you will know that the Lord is speaking to you too. When the people listen to it they will find the Lord is speaking to their hearts as well. Because when it is the Lord, you know. You know that it is Him.

Forum List

Back