Christ in the Book of Mormon

Yes. If you believe God, you should.

God always encourages a man to pray on a topic. He has promised wisdom to those who ask. He answers prayers.

It's the adversary who tries to convince men not to pray.

"And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.

"But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul." (2 Nephi 32: 8-9)

Which spirit is telling you not to pray? Ask yourself this. The answer is obvious. The Holy Spirit invites us to pray.

"Therefore may God grant unto you, my brethren, that ye may begin to exercise your faith unto repentance, that ye begin to call upon his holy name, that he would have mercy upon you;

18 Yea, cry unto him for mercy; for he is mighty to save.

19 Yea, humble yourselves, and continue in prayer unto him.

20 Cry unto him when ye are in your fields, yea, over all your flocks.

21 Cry unto him in your houses, yea, over all your household, both morning, mid-day, and evening.

22 Yea, cry unto him against the power of your enemies.

23 Yea, cry unto him against the devil, who is an enemy to all righteousness.

24 Cry unto him over the crops of your fields, that ye may prosper in them.

25 Cry over the flocks of your fields, that they may increase.

26 But this is not all; ye must pour out your souls in your closets, and your secret places, and in your wilderness.

27 Yea, and when you do not cry unto the Lord, let your hearts be full, drawn out in prayer unto him continually for your welfare, and also for the welfare of those who are around you. (Alma 34:17-27)

Pray to the Lord about all things. Especially to know His Word. I invite you to read the Book of Mormon and ask the Lord whether the teachings are true. He will testify to you with power that it is.

Let me end with this question: why is it, do you think, that Satan is so eager to keep you from praying about the Book of Mormon?

Yes. If you believe God, you should.

God always encourages a man to pray on a topic. He has promised wisdom to those who ask. He answers prayers.

It's the adversary who tries to convince men not to pray.

"And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.

"But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul." (2 Nephi 32: 8-9)

Which spirit is telling you not to pray? Ask yourself this. The answer is obvious. The Holy Spirit invites us to pray.

"Therefore may God grant unto you, my brethren, that ye may begin to exercise your faith unto repentance, that ye begin to call upon his holy name, that he would have mercy upon you;

18 Yea, cry unto him for mercy; for he is mighty to save.

19 Yea, humble yourselves, and continue in prayer unto him.

20 Cry unto him when ye are in your fields, yea, over all your flocks.

21 Cry unto him in your houses, yea, over all your household, both morning, mid-day, and evening.

22 Yea, cry unto him against the power of your enemies.

23 Yea, cry unto him against the devil, who is an enemy to all righteousness.

24 Cry unto him over the crops of your fields, that ye may prosper in them.

25 Cry over the flocks of your fields, that they may increase.

26 But this is not all; ye must pour out your souls in your closets, and your secret places, and in your wilderness.

27 Yea, and when you do not cry unto the Lord, let your hearts be full, drawn out in prayer unto him continually for your welfare, and also for the welfare of those who are around you. (Alma 34:17-27)

Pray to the Lord about all things. Especially to know His Word. I invite you to read the Book of Mormon and ask the Lord whether the teachings are true. He will testify to you with power that it is.

Let me end with this question: why is it, do you think, that Satan is so eager to keep you from praying about the Book of Mormon?

you obv. either ignored the links or didn't read them; or both.

Why? Because I know the Holy Spirit doesn't tell people not to pray?

You want people not only to not pray about the Book of Mormon but to not read it either. Why do you think the God who teaches us to ask, seek, and prove all things would have you completely disregard those instructions when it comes to the Book of Mormon?

He wouldn't. He hasn't revoked those commands to us. There is someone else, however, who would encourage us to disregard the commandments of God. The question is why should we listen to him when it comes to the Book of Mormon? Why is Satan so scared of people reading it and praying about it?

It's because it destroys his kingdom. It testifies of and establishes the divine mission of Jesus Christ. it teaches men how to come to Him and access His atonement. And it teaches the doctrine of Christ in such plainness that none can misunderstand it.

The world is in darkness and the Book of Mormon shines the light of Christ on it. That is why the devil doesn't want you to read it. And he sure doesn't want you to pray about it. Because the second you start praying you give the Holy Spirit power to heal you and enlighten you.

I promise you in the name of Jesus Christ that if you read the Book of Mormon, ponder it's message of mercy and pray to the Lord in Christ's name the Holy Spirit will reveal the truth to you. I've tested this promise out and I know for myself that the Lord will keep it. He doesn't lie

The first writer of the Book of Mormon was a man named Nephi. He wanted to leave the testimony of three witnesses for the coming of Christ. They were himself, his brother Jacob, and the prophet Isaiah.

"And now I, Nephi, write more of the words of Isaiah, for my soul delighteth in his words. For I will liken his words unto my people, and I will send them forth unto all my children, for he verily saw my Redeemer, even as I have seen him.

And my brother, Jacob, also has seen him as I have seen him; wherefore, I will send their words forth unto my children to prove unto them that my words are true. Wherefore, by the words of three, God hath said, I will establish my word. Nevertheless, God sendeth morewitnesses, and he proveth all his words.

Behold, my soul delighteth in proving unto my people the truth of the coming of Christ; for, for this end hath the law of Moses been given; and all things which have been given of God from the beginning of the world, unto man, are the typifying of him.

And also my soul delighteth in the covenants of the Lord which he hath made to our fathers; yea, my soul delighteth in his grace, and in his justice, and power, and mercy in the great and eternal plan of deliverance from death.

And my soul delighteth in proving unto my people that save Christ should come all men must perish." (2 Nephi 11:2-6)
Who was Nephi and where were these writings found?

You want people not only to not pray about the Book of Mormon but to not read it either. Why do you think the God who teaches us to ask, seek, and prove all things would have you completely disregard those instructions when it comes to the Book of Mormon?

He wouldn't. He hasn't revoked those commands to us. There is someone else, however, who would encourage us to disregard the commandments of God. The question is why should we listen to him when it comes to the Book of Mormon? Why is Satan so scared of people reading it and praying about it?

It's because it destroys his kingdom. It testifies of and establishes the divine mission of Jesus Christ. it teaches men how to come to Him and access His atonement. And it teaches the doctrine of Christ in such plainness that none can misunderstand it.

The world is in darkness and the Book of Mormon shines the light of Christ on it. That is why the devil doesn't want you to read it. And he sure doesn't want you to pray about it. Because the second you start praying you give the Holy Spirit power to heal you and enlighten you.

I promise you in the name of Jesus Christ that if you read the Book of Mormon, ponder it's message of mercy and pray to the Lord in Christ's name the Holy Spirit will reveal the truth to you. I've tested this promise out and I know for myself that the Lord will keep it. He doesn't lie

God didn't ask any person to pray about the BOM.

The first writer of the Book of Mormon was a man named Nephi. He wanted to leave the testimony of three witnesses for the coming of Christ. They were himself, his brother Jacob, and the prophet Isaiah.

"And now I, Nephi, write more of the words of Isaiah, for my soul delighteth in his words. For I will liken his words unto my people, and I will send them forth unto all my children, for he verily saw my Redeemer, even as I have seen him.

And my brother, Jacob, also has seen him as I have seen him; wherefore, I will send their words forth unto my children to prove unto them that my words are true. Wherefore, by the words of three, God hath said, I will establish my word. Nevertheless, God sendeth morewitnesses, and he proveth all his words.

Behold, my soul delighteth in proving unto my people the truth of the coming of Christ; for, for this end hath the law of Moses been given; and all things which have been given of God from the beginning of the world, unto man, are the typifying of him.

And also my soul delighteth in the covenants of the Lord which he hath made to our fathers; yea, my soul delighteth in his grace, and in his justice, and power, and mercy in the great and eternal plan of deliverance from death.

And my soul delighteth in proving unto my people that save Christ should come all men must perish." (2 Nephi 11:2-6)
Who was Nephi and where were these writings found?

He was the first writer of the Book of Mormon. And the writings were found in upstate New York by the ministering of angels in fulfillment of the prophecy given in Rev 14:6-7.

God didn't ask any person to pray about the BOM.

No. He commanded us to pray over all things. And He commanded us to prove all things.

The Book of Mormon is one of many things we are to pray about. And it contains a promise unique to any book ever given to man.

"Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.

4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know thetruth of all things." (Moroni 10:3-5)

Why do you resist going to God for wisdom and knowledge? Are you seriously going to tell me that God doesn't want us to go to Him in all things? How can we learn the truth if not by asking Him and learning from the Spirit?

Do you really think God doesn't want you praying on matters of this importance?

It is too bad that Moroni wasn't around in 30 AD. Then, all of Jesus' teachings would have been recorded on gold plates instead of having to pass down by oral tradition for 50 to 100 years. I guess it doesn't matter, though, because gold plates have a tendency to disappear.

And according as I have commanded you thus shall ye baptize. And there shall be no disputations among you, as there have hitherto been; neither shall there be disputations among you concerning the points of my doctrine, as there have hitherto been.

29 For verily, verily I say unto you, he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with anger, one with another.

30 Behold, this is not my doctrine, to stir up the hearts of men with anger, one against another; but this is my doctrine, that such things should be done away.

31 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, I will declare unto you my doctrine.

32 And this is my doctrine, and it is the doctrine which the Father hath given unto me; and I bear record of the Father, and the Father beareth record of me, and theHoly Ghost beareth record of the Father and me; and I bear record that the Father commandeth all men, everywhere, to repent and believe in me.

33 And whoso believeth in me, and is baptized, the same shall be saved; and they are they who shall inheritthe kingdom of God.

34 And whoso believeth not in me, and is not baptized, shall be damned.

35 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and I bear record of it from the Father; and whosobelieveth in me believeth in the Father also; and unto him will the Father bear record of me, for he will visit him with fire and with the Holy Ghost. (3 Nephi 11:28-35)

This is a.passage of Jesus teaching what Hthe scriptures call the Doctrine of Christ.

Namely the message of the gospel. Have faith in jesus Christ and repent of your sins. Be baptized and you will receive the Holy Ghost.

It's also what we call the first principles and ordinances of the gospel as outlined in the church's fourth article of faith.

We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the giftof the Holy Ghost

This passage was one of the first things Christ taught when He appeared to the people after His resurrection.

And according as I have commanded you thus shall ye baptize. And there shall be no disputations among you, as there have hitherto been; neither shall there be disputations among you concerning the points of my doctrine, as there have hitherto been.

29 For verily, verily I say unto you, he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with anger, one with another.

30 Behold, this is not my doctrine, to stir up the hearts of men with anger, one against another; but this is my doctrine, that such things should be done away.

31 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, I will declare unto you my doctrine.

32 And this is my doctrine, and it is the doctrine which the Father hath given unto me; and I bear record of the Father, and the Father beareth record of me, and theHoly Ghost beareth record of the Father and me; and I bear record that the Father commandeth all men, everywhere, to repent and believe in me.

33 And whoso believeth in me, and is baptized, the same shall be saved; and they are they who shall inheritthe kingdom of God.

34 And whoso believeth not in me, and is not baptized, shall be damned.

35 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and I bear record of it from the Father; and whosobelieveth in me believeth in the Father also; and unto him will the Father bear record of me, for he will visit him with fire and with the Holy Ghost. (3 Nephi 11:28-35)

This is a.passage of Jesus teaching what Hthe scriptures call the Doctrine of Christ.

Namely the message of the gospel. Have faith in jesus Christ and repent of your sins. Be baptized and you will receive the Holy Ghost.

It's also what we call the first principles and ordinances of the gospel as outlined in the church's fourth article of faith.

We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the giftof the Holy Ghost

This passage was one of the first things Christ taught when He appeared to the people after His resurrection.
Is Christ God?

Excellent question. We can find an answer to it in the words of Abingdon. He was brought as a prisoner before the wicked priests for preaching repentance. He was teaching them about the law of Moses and the need for an atonement:

And now ye have said that salvation cometh by the law of Moses. I say unto you that it is expedient that ye should keep the law of Moses as yet; but I say unto you, that the time shall come when it shall no more be expedient to keep the law of Moses.

28 And moreover, I say unto you, that salvation doth not come by the law alone; and were it not for the atonement, which God himself shall make for the sins and iniquities of his people, that they must unavoidably perish, notwithstanding the law of Moses.

29 And now I say unto you that it was expedient that there should be a law given to the children of Israel, yea, even a very strict law; for they were a stiffnecked people,quick to do iniquity, and slow to remember the Lord their God;

30 Therefore there was a law given them, yea, a law of performances and of ordinances, a law which they were to observe strictly from day to day, to keep them in remembrance of God and their duty towards him.

31 But behold, I say unto you, that all these things weretypes of things to come.

32 And now, did they understand the law? I say unto you, Nay, they did not all understand the law; and this because of the hardness of their hearts; for they understood not that there could not any man be saved except it were through the redemption of God.

33 For behold, did not Moses prophesy unto them concerning the coming of the Messiah, and that God should redeem his people? Yea, and even all the prophets who have prophesied ever since the world began—have they not spoken more or less concerning these things?

34 Have they not said that God himself should come down among the children of men, and take upon him the form of man, and go forth in mighty power upon the face of the earth?

35 Yea, and have they not said also that he should bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, and that he, himself, should be oppressed and afflicted? (Mosiah 13:27-35)

So in a word yes

Today I thought I would share the first part of king Benjamin's sermon. He was giving his farewell address as king as he abdicated the throne at the end of his life. He was an example of humility in his farewell and He taught us how to truly serve God.

My brethren, all ye that have assembled yourselves together, you that can hear my words which I shall speak unto you this day; for I have not commanded you to come up hither to trifle with the words which I shall speak, but that you should hearkenunto me, and open your ears that ye may hear, and yourhearts that ye may understand, and your minds that themysteries of God may be unfolded to your view.

10 I have not commanded you to come up hither that ye should fear me, or that ye should think that I of myself am more than a mortal man.

11 But I am like as yourselves, subject to all manner of infirmities in body and mind; yet I have been chosen by this people, and consecrated by my father, and was suffered by the hand of the Lord that I should be a ruler and a king over this people; and have been kept and preserved by his matchless power, to serve you with all the might, mind and strength which the Lord hath granted unto me.

12 I say unto you that as I have been suffered to spendmy days in your service, even up to this time, and have not sought gold nor silver nor any manner of riches of you;

13 Neither have I suffered that ye should be confined in dungeons, nor that ye should make slaves one of another, nor that ye should murder, or plunder, or steal, or commit adultery; nor even have I suffered that ye should commit any manner of wickedness, and have taught you that ye should keep the commandments of the Lord, in all things which he hath commanded you—

14 And even I, myself, have labored with mine ownhands that I might serve you, and that ye should not beladen with taxes, and that there should nothing come upon you which was grievous to be borne—and of all these things which I have spoken, ye yourselves are witnesses this day.

15 Yet, my brethren, I have not done these things that I might boast, neither do I tell these things that thereby I might accuse you; but I tell you these things that ye may know that I can answer a clear conscience before God this day.

16 Behold, I say unto you that because I said unto you that I had spent my days in your service, I do not desire to boast, for I have only been in the service of God.

17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

18 Behold, ye have called me your king; and if I, whom ye call your king, do labor to serve you, then ought not ye to labor to serve one another?

19 And behold also, if I, whom ye call your king, who has spent his days in your service, and yet has been in the service of God, do merit any thanks from you, O how you ought to thank your heavenly King!

20 I say unto you, my brethren, that if you should render all the thanks and praise which your whole soul has power to possess, to that God who has created you, and has kept and preserved you, and has caused that ye should rejoice, and has granted that ye should live in peace one with another—

21 I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants.

22 And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.

23 And now, in the first place, he hath created you, and granted unto you your lives, for which ye are indebted unto him.

24 And secondly, he doth require that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bless you; and therefore he hath paid you. And ye are still indebted unto him, and are, and will be, forever and ever; therefore, of what have ye to boast?

25 And now I ask, can ye say aught of yourselves? I answer you, Nay. Ye cannot say that ye are even as much as the dust of the earth; yet ye were created of thedust of the earth; but behold, it belongeth to him who created you.

26 And I, even I, whom ye call your king, am no better than ye yourselves are; for I am also of the dust. And ye behold that I am old, and am about to yield up this mortal frame to its mother earth.

27 Therefore, as I said unto you that I had served you,walking with a clear conscience before God, even so I at this time have caused that ye should assemble yourselves together, that I might be found blameless, and that your blood should not come upon me, when I shall stand to be judged of God of the things whereof he hath commanded me concerning you. (Mosiah 2: 9-27)

Thought I would share this passage and a few more from the teachings of Ezra taft Benson manual lesson for tomorrow.

The Book of Mormon … was written for our day. The Nephites never had the book; neither did the Lamanites of ancient times. It was meant for us. Mormon wrote near the end of the Nephite civilization. Under the inspiration of God, who sees all things from the beginning, he abridged centuries of records, choosing the stories, speeches, and events that would be most helpful to us.
Each of the major writers of the Book of Mormon testified that he wrote for future generations. … If they saw our day and chose those things which would be of greatest worth to us, is not that how we should study the Book of Mormon? We should constantly ask ourselves, “Why did the Lord inspire Mormon (or Moroni or Alma) to include that in his record? What lesson can I learn from that to help me live in this day and age?”
And there is example after example of how that question will be answered. For example, in the Book of Mormon we find a pattern for preparing for the Second Coming. A major portion of the book centers on the few decades just prior to Christ’s coming to America. By careful study of that time period, we can determine why some were destroyed in the terrible judgments that preceded His coming and what brought others to stand at the temple in the land of Bountiful and thrust their hands into the wounds of His hands and feet.
From the Book of Mormon we learn how disciples of Christ live in times of war. From the Book of Mormon we see the evils of secret combinations portrayed in graphic and chilling reality. In the Book of Mormon we find lessons for dealing with persecution and apostasy. We learn much about how to do missionary work. And more than anywhere else, we see in the Book of Mormon the dangers of materialism and setting our hearts on the things of the world. Can anyone doubt that this book was meant for us and that in it we find great power, great comfort, and great protection?

It is not just that the Book of Mormon teaches us truth, though it indeed does that. It is not just that the Book of Mormon bears testimony of Christ, though it indeed does that, too. But there is something more. There is a power in the book which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of the book. You will find greater power to resist temptation. You will find the power to avoid deception. You will find the power to stay on the strait and narrow path. The scriptures are called “the words of life” (D&C 84:85), and nowhere is that more true than it is of the Book of Mormon. When you begin to hunger and thirst after those words, you will find life in greater and greater abundance.7
Men may deceive each other, but God does not deceive men. Therefore, the Book of Mormon sets forth the best test for determining its truthfulness—namely, read it and then ask God if it is true [see Moroni 10:4]. …
This, then, is the supreme assurance for the honest in heart—to know by personal revelation from God that the Book of Mormon is true. Millions have put it to that test and know, and increasing millions will yet know.

In the beginning of the Book of Mormon a man named Lehi had a vision of the tree of life. His son, Nephi, asked the Lord for an interpretation of the vision. This is a portion of that interaction:

2 And the Spirit said unto me: Behold, what desirestthou?

3 And I said: I desire to behold the things which my father saw.

4 And the Spirit said unto me: Believest thou that thy father saw the tree of which he hath spoken?

5 And I said: Yea, thou knowest that I believe all the words of my father.

6 And when I had spoken these words, the Spirit cried with a loud voice, saying: Hosanna to the Lord, the most high God; for he is God over all the earth, yea, even above all. And blessed art thou, Nephi, because thoubelievest in the Son of the most high God; wherefore, thou shalt behold the things which thou hast desired.

7 And behold this thing shall be given unto thee for asign, that after thou hast beheld the tree which bore the fruit which thy father tasted, thou shalt also behold a man descending out of heaven, and him shall ye witness; and after ye have witnessed him ye shall bear record that it is the Son of God.

8 And it came to pass that the Spirit said unto me: Look! And I looked and beheld a tree; and it was like unto thetree which my father had seen; and the beauty thereof was far beyond, yea, exceeding of all beauty; and thewhiteness thereof did exceed the whiteness of the driven snow.

9 And it came to pass after I had seen the tree, I said unto the Spirit: I behold thou hast shown unto me the tree which is precious above all.

10 And he said unto me: What desirest thou?

11 And I said unto him: To know the interpretationthereof—for I spake unto him as a man speaketh; for I beheld that he was in the form of a man; yet nevertheless, I knew that it was the Spirit of the Lord; and he spake unto me as a man speaketh with another.

12 And it came to pass that he said unto me: Look! And I looked as if to look upon him, and I saw him not; for he had gone from before my presence.

13 And it came to pass that I looked and beheld the great city of Jerusalem, and also other cities. And I beheld the city of Nazareth; and in the city of Nazareth I beheld a virgin, and she was exceedingly fair and white.

14 And it came to pass that I saw the heavens open; and an angel came down and stood before me; and he said unto me: Nephi, what beholdest thou?

15 And I said unto him: A virgin, most beautiful and fair above all other virgins.

16 And he said unto me: Knowest thou thecondescension of God?

17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.

18 And he said unto me: Behold, the virgin whom thou seest is the mother of the Son of God, after the manner of the flesh.

19 And it came to pass that I beheld that she was carried away in the Spirit; and after she had been carried away in the Spirit for the space of a time the angel spake unto me, saying: Look!

20 And I looked and beheld the virgin again, bearing achild in her arms.

21 And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father! Knowest thou the meaning of the tree which thy father saw?

22 And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things.

23 And he spake unto me, saying: Yea, and the mostjoyous to the soul.

24 And after he had said these words, he said unto me: Look! And I looked, and I beheld the Son of God goingforth among the children of men; and I saw many fall down at his feet and worship him (1Nephi 11:2-24)

And this I know, because the Lord hath said he dwelleth not in unholy temples, but in the hearts of therighteous doth he dwell; yea, and he has also said that the righteous shall sit down in his kingdom, to go no more out; but their garments should be made white through the blood of the Lamb.

37 And now, my beloved brethren, I desire that ye should remember these things, and that ye should workout your salvation with fear before God, and that ye should no more deny the coming of Christ;

38 That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, andworship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you.

39 Yea, and I also exhort you, my brethren, that ye bewatchful unto prayer continually, that ye may not be led away by the temptations of the devil, that he may not overpower you, that ye may not become his subjects at the last day; for behold, he rewardeth you no good thing.

40 And now my beloved brethren, I would exhort you to have patience, and that ye bear with all manner ofafflictions; that ye do not revile against those who do cast you out because of your exceeding poverty, lest ye become sinners like unto them;

41 But that ye have patience, and bear with thoseafflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions. (Alma 34:37-41)

Felt strong about this passage. This is amuleks final exhortation to the poor among an apostate group. It inspires me.

Every Christian believes that God is omniscient. Thus, if the New Testament is the inspired Word of God it is both truthful and complete. Therefore, I have a single question for Mormons: In what way is the New Testament insufficient to reveal the proper relationship between God and Man?

Are Mormons suggesting that those Christians of other denomination will suffer somehow because of their Christian but non-Mormon beliefs? Just asking.

Christians may believe 'God' is omniscient, but they don't act as if they know what that means and implies.

That reasoning doesn't make any sense
Every Christian believes that God is omniscient. Thus, if the New Testament is the inspired Word of God it is both truthful and complete. Therefore, I have a single question for Mormons: In what way is the New Testament insufficient to reveal the proper relationship between God and Man?

Are Mormons suggesting that those Christians of other denomination will suffer somehow because of their Christian but non-Mormon beliefs? Just asking.

I don't follow the premise here. Was God not omniscient when He spoke to Moses? I believe He was. So according to this reasoning, wouldn't that make the words God inspired Moses to write be truthful and complete? We would have to throw out most of the Bible as unnecessary if that were the case. I can't do that.

The Lord has stated that He will establish His word.with multiple witnesses. 2 cor 13:1 states the principle:

"This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established"

The Bible is a witness of Christ. It's the record of the tribe of Judah concerning God, the Fall, Redemption, and a brief history of the nation.

Do you think that God only spoke to them? Isn't God the God of every nation and not just Judah?

Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the islesof the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?

8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony oftwo nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.

9 And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.

10 Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my words; neither need ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written.

11 For I command all men, both in the east and in the west, and in the north, and in the south, and in the islands of the sea, that they shall write the words which I speak unto them; for out of the books which shall be written I will judge the world, every man according to their works, according to that which is written.
(2 Nephi 29:7-11)

The Book of Mormon is the record of the tribe of Joseph. When the record of Judah and the record of Joseph are in the hands of Ephraim, Israel will be gathered.

Forum List

Back