Chris Wallace: Fox News Getting Helen Thomas’ Old Seat Would Be 'Poetic Justice'

This might upset some of the Fox News-ophobes within DC media circles, the so-called purists that tend to look down on the highly rated cable news outlet.

As Fox News is purportedly competing with Bloomberg for that front-row seat once occupied by the former dean of the White House press corps and Hearst Newspaper columnist Helen Thomas, Chris Wallace, the host of "Fox News Sunday," suggested there would be some sort of righteousness in his network taking that seat.

"They absolutely should get it," Wallace said on the June 10 broadcast of the Fox Business Network's "Imus in the Morning." "This is kind of interesting because -- and I think it would be the final sort of back payment for Helen Thomas, if this were to happen because obviously she was very far to the left-wing and if her seat were to be taken by Fox News, that would just be kind of poetic justice."

If Chris keeps this up I might actually start listening to him again.

it would seem, by this quote, that Chris Wallace is saying that Fox sholuld be given the seat because Helen was so very far to the left wing, implying that Fox is very far to the right wing.... which is, I would imagine, an unintended tacit admission that Faux News is anything BUT "fair and balanced":lol:

Fox, they report, they decide for you.

I get such a kick out of knowing they think for their sheeple. :redface:

"This is kind of interesting because -- and I think it would be the final sort of back payment for Helen Thomas, if this were to happen because obviously she was very far to the left-wing and if her seat were to be taken by Fox News, that would just be kind of poetic justice."

But, I don't get it . . . . Fox News is Fair and Balanced - an even-handed distributor of legitimate news, right? So how would putting someone in there from a Fair and Balanced news network be "poetic justice" in the replacing of a "far left-wing" person person such as Helen Thomas?

I mean, if you were seeking "poetic justice" in the replacement of a "far left-wing" reporter such as Helen Thomas, wouldn't you want to put a reporter in there that was from an extremely right-wing news network? You wouldn't want a FAIR AND BALANCED reporter from the FAIR AND BALANCED Fox News Network in there, would you?

I just don't get it . . . . :eusa_think:

I dont think pointing this out will help the righty's so cut it out sir. :doubt:

It's poetic because the left hates Fox, not because they are extreme.

Not sure how difficult that is to understand.

You know what Bert, You're 19, I'm 39. I have a kid your age. I've fought in two wars. I actually am old enough to remember the boooosh years as opposed to just knowing what I have had spoon fed to me by history revisionists. I have a Masters Degree in History.

The VERY last thing I need , or want, is a child who is at that age where he is trying to prove his manhood explaining ANYTHING to me.

That being said, please point to me where I said ANYTHING about the right? Did I imply that only someone who was a conservative could be fair and balanced? No actually I said a person could lean EITHER way meaning both right and the other way , which would be left; but either you just can't read; or , and I find this more likely, you were simply out to score a few rep points from your leftie buddies by trying to point me out as some right wing goof who was defending the righties, but either way you were wrong.

The fact is if you read some of my posts you will say that I am actually somewhat liberal in a lot of areas.

So, in conclusion. don't let your little mod title go to your head and lead you to believe that you can even approach either my education or my life experience when it comes to a debate on ANYTHING.

Oh, and one more thing, you really should watch what you say about conservatives, because in ten years when you've grown up a little you will be one yourself.

Good evening

I know exactly where you were going with it Conhog. You can have five master degrees, doesn't stop you from being biased as hell.

Also, my being mod has nothing to do with my response post. So pop that ego of yours and come back down to earth. You want to try and say I can't win a debate simply because of my age? You are whacked.

Might want to reach into that deck of yours further. You're not the first to pull the age card and fail at it.

ConHog, I am 46 years old...did 20 years in the navy and fought in two wars myself. By your definition, I should beat you at every debate possible because of these facts?

You are 39, you are a "kid" to me so go sit in the corner? What a dumb outlook you have, KID.

Last edited:
If Chris keeps this up I might actually start listening to him again.

it would seem, by this quote, that Chris Wallace is saying that Fox sholuld be given the seat because Helen was so very far to the left wing, implying that Fox is very far to the right wing.... which is, I would imagine, an unintended tacit admission that Faux News is anything BUT "fair and balanced":lol:

On the day that you, and your drooling comrades, can spot the difference between a journalist and a commentator - or even a fucking columnist - we'll take you seriously... Until then, we'll just continue wiping the drool off you chin for ya.

I'll go in order, # wise.

1.) I've seen enough of your posts (goodness knows you've made a thousand posts in a week) to get a good grasp of your character.

Obviously you have not, or you wouldn't have misread something into my post to begin with , which led to this entire debate. I wrote either side and you misinterpreted that to mean only right. How is that MY fault?
2.) Get this through your thick head now, my mod status has nothing to do with my posting. Not a single iota. How am I hiding behind my mod status? The fact you think there is winning and losing on the internet is hilarious by itself. And this speaks volumes of your character:

The fact is there are plenty of 40 y/o people on this site who prove daily that they have neither the education nor the brains to win a debate against me

I'd love to know who, because the only one who seems to be your match is Sangha. He's the Butthead to your Beevis.

Obviously there is winning and losing debates on this board, also just as obviously, that has nothing to do with being a winner or a loser in life.
3.) Superior intellect? Don't make me laugh. As for your comment about Muslims and Christians, you have no evidence put forth, except your opinion which is not credible to begin with.
What the fuck are you talking about? You keep bringing up the Christian and Muslim thing, but I fail to see what that has to do with THIS debate. It is nothing but you trying to deflect the fact that you misread my initial post and made an accusation that just wasn't true. Just man up and admit that you did indeed misread my initial post.
4.) Just because you have lived something, doesn't mean others can't learn just as much about the event if not more.

Strange statement from you considering earlier in the thread you mentioned something about book education not being all that important... It's a pretty well accepted fact that experience is as valuable or more valuable than book knowledge, so I'm not sure why you try to discount it here. Especially given that my book knowledge far outweighs your own as well.

By the way, the ONLY reason anyone would have to question my intelligence on this board is to cast aspersions on my views, which is a pretty chicken shit way to argue. My posts are reasoned, backed with facts, well written, and generally don't favor one side over the other except when my OPINION leans one way or the other ie I don't just go around calling lefites dumb shits for being lefties.

For example, have I called you names here? Nope simply stated that you misread my statement and then reacted as a young debater would in trying to deflect rather than just admit your error.

Last edited:
You know what Bert, You're 19, I'm 39. I have a kid your age. I've fought in two wars. I actually am old enough to remember the boooosh years as opposed to just knowing what I have had spoon fed to me by history revisionists. I have a Masters Degree in History.

The VERY last thing I need , or want, is a child who is at that age where he is trying to prove his manhood explaining ANYTHING to me.

That being said, please point to me where I said ANYTHING about the right? Did I imply that only someone who was a conservative could be fair and balanced? No actually I said a person could lean EITHER way meaning both right and the other way , which would be left; but either you just can't read; or , and I find this more likely, you were simply out to score a few rep points from your leftie buddies by trying to point me out as some right wing goof who was defending the righties, but either way you were wrong.

The fact is if you read some of my posts you will say that I am actually somewhat liberal in a lot of areas.

So, in conclusion. don't let your little mod title go to your head and lead you to believe that you can even approach either my education or my life experience when it comes to a debate on ANYTHING.

Oh, and one more thing, you really should watch what you say about conservatives, because in ten years when you've grown up a little you will be one yourself.

Good evening

I know exactly where you were going with it Conhog. You can have five master degrees, doesn't stop you from being biased as hell.

Also, my being mod has nothing to do with my response post. So pop that ego of yours and come back down to earth. You want to try and say I can't win a debate simply because of my age? You are whacked.

Might want to reach into that deck of yours further. You're not the first to pull the age card and fail at it.

ConHog, I am 46 years old...did 20 years in the navy and fought in two wars myself. By your definition, I should beat you at every debate possible because of these facts?

You are 39, you are a "kid" to me so go sit in the corner? What a dumb outlook you have, KID.

I already knew you have no reading comprehension skills there was really no reason for you to come into this thread and prove it further. Bert couldn't post where I said his age exclusively made him unable to debate with me, and neither will you be able to.

Eh, it was the Navy, but thank you for your service.

On the day that you, and your drooling comrades, can spot the difference between a journalist and a commentator - or even a fucking columnist - we'll take you seriously... Until then, we'll just continue wiping the drool off you chin for ya.

What's absolutely hilarious is they keep on with the "you just believe what Beck tells you to believe " mantra when on EVERY fucking episode Beck himself tells viewers not to just believe him but to do their own research and decide for themselves.

It's just beyond stupid.

I already knew you have no reading comprehension skills there was really no reason for you to come into this thread and prove it further. Bert couldn't post where I said his age exclusively made him unable to debate with me, and neither will you be able to.

Mind your elders and stay in your paygrade. (Just using your limited, skewed reasoning). "Kid"

Last edited:
What's absolutely hilarious is they keep on with the "you just believe what Beck tells you to believe " mantra when on EVERY fucking episode Beck himself tells viewers not to just believe him but to do their own research and decide for themselves.

It's just beyond stupid.

That would explain this:

http://www.politicususa.com/en/glenn-beck-ratings-drop

Glenn Beck has been in denial about his ratings slide for weeks now. First, he claimed that there is no ratings decline for his Fox News show, and then he claimed that the weather was to blame for his 33% drop in viewership. However by attracting only 1.7 million viewers on Friday, Beck hit a new all time low which is now 50% off of his peak audience of 3.4 million.

It's just beyond stupid.

How Many Things Can Beck Get Wrong In Under Two Minutes?
http://progressnotcongress.org/?p=3167

Honestly, I don't know what is worse, Dumb ass Beck or his fans who actually believe this putz is credible. He admits himself he is a circus clown and yet people like you say he is credible.

He is a dry drunk......period. Keep supporting this idiot though. It cements my thoughts on you..........Kid.

Last edited:

Mind your elders and stay in your paygrade. (Just using your limited, skewed reasoning). "Kid"

LOL - You really CAN'T read. Unbelievable.

It's just beyond stupid.

How Many Things Can Beck Get Wrong In Under Two Minutes? | Progress Not Congress

Honestly, I don't know what is worse, Dumb ass Beck or his fans who actually believe this putz is credible. He admits himself he is a circus clown and yet people like you say he is credible.

He is a dry drunk......period. Keep supporting this idiot though. It cements my thoughts on you..........Kid.

Apparently 3. LOL @ you for thinking that 3 errors is proof that he's a liar and a fraud.

Oh, congratulations on pointing out that he's an alcoholic, something he himself freely admits to.

It's just beyond stupid.

That would explain this:

Panic Time at Fox News as Glenn Beck loses 50% of his Viewers

Glenn Beck has been in denial about his ratings slide for weeks now. First, he claimed that there is no ratings decline for his Fox News show, and then he claimed that the weather was to blame for his 33% drop in viewership. However by attracting only 1.7 million viewers on Friday, Beck hit a new all time low which is now 50% off of his peak audience of 3.4 million.

But but but fox fans love to throw ratings in our faces! lol

It's just beyond stupid.

How Many Things Can Beck Get Wrong In Under Two Minutes? | Progress Not Congress

Apparently 3. LOL @ you for thinking that 3 errors is proof that he's a liar and a fraud.

Oh, congratulations on pointing out that he's an alcoholic, something he himself freely admits to.

Oh I know he admitted he is a drunk. Good for him, and it does explain so much really. Now seriously, do you need link after link of this clown being wrong, because it is very very very easy to do.

BECK: We’ll tell you the truth. We’ll tell you the things that are politically incorrect. I’ll go on and I’ll tell you the fires have very little to do with global warming, if anything. The globe was the hottest in 19 — was it 1934, Stu [executive producer Steve "Stu" Burguiere], or ‘37? — ‘34, 1934 was the hottest year. A stat, by the way, that was, I believe, intentionally distorted by the guy the left holds up as the scientist on global warming. America’s temperature peaked in 1934. Since 1934, the hottest year on record was 1998. It has not gotten warmer since 1998. That’s a fact.

Now, why are these fires burning out of control? Al Gore and everybody else will have you believe that it is all about global warming. Well, really? A one-degree temperature change that happened at the first part of the century, not in the last part of the century, at least most of it, and a temperature change that hasn’t changed since 1998 is causing superfires in California and only California? Only America? It’s in the American borders. How is that possible?

His first statement is wrong, right off the bat: it’s nowhere near the truth.
Glenn Beck: idiot | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine

This is just so easy. But keep on defending this drunk clown. Its just sad.

It's just beyond stupid.

That would explain this:

Panic Time at Fox News as Glenn Beck loses 50% of his Viewers

LOL @ you for posting a story from a liberal blog that claims that although Beck still is easily winning his time slot FoxNews better be worried. :lol:

It's just beyond stupid.

Seriously, how many links to his errors do you need?

Glenn Beck got it wrong. Coin Industry BBB Ratings Not Full of “F’s”
Glenn Beck got it wrong. Coin Industry BBB Ratings Not Full of ?F?s? | Gold Newswire

LOL @ you for posting a story from a liberal blog that claims that although Beck still is easily winning his time slot FoxNews better be worried. :lol:

Actually, I posted the story.

Here's another article:

As Viewers Abandon Him Glenn Beck Blames the Media and Politicians

Glenn Beck’s vision of a group of millions who believe in something with him is betrayed by the ratings. His epic slide in total viewers continues downward as the highest total audience number that he has posted in the past 10 days is 2.3 million.

The ratings for Monday and Tuesday of this week look even worse as he has started out the week at 1.976 million total viewers, and on Tuesday had already slumped to 1.895 million viewers. To put this into context, the program that follows Beck, Bret Baier, drew more total viewers, 2.049 million, than Beck did. This means that viewers turned off Beck, left Fox News, and came back for Baier’s show at 6 PM (et).

That's from wednesday. I don't care who you are, what business you run, or where you're from, a 50% drop in four months is a sign that you're screwing up in plain terms. That's just like saying Apple and Microsoft's stock went down 50%, but it's okay because their competition is still behind. Still doesn't make the 50% free fall good.

I am a little confused, are you disputing the FACT that his ratings are really declining or are you just attacking the source because you hate the fact that FACTS are thrown in your face?

Help me out there "kid".

Forum List

Back