Chris Wallace: Fox News Getting Helen Thomas’ Old Seat Would Be 'Poetic Justice'

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
This might upset some of the Fox News-ophobes within DC media circles, the so-called purists that tend to look down on the highly rated cable news outlet.

As Fox News is purportedly competing with Bloomberg for that front-row seat once occupied by the former dean of the White House press corps and Hearst Newspaper columnist Helen Thomas, Chris Wallace, the host of "Fox News Sunday," suggested there would be some sort of righteousness in his network taking that seat.

"They absolutely should get it," Wallace said on the June 10 broadcast of the Fox Business Network's "Imus in the Morning." "This is kind of interesting because -- and I think it would be the final sort of back payment for Helen Thomas, if this were to happen because obviously she was very far to the left-wing and if her seat were to be taken by Fox News, that would just be kind of poetic justice."

This might upset some of the Fox News-ophobes within DC media circles, the so-called purists that tend to look down on the highly rated cable news outlet.

As Fox News is purportedly competing with Bloomberg for that front-row seat once occupied by the former dean of the White House press corps and Hearst Newspaper columnist Helen Thomas, Chris Wallace, the host of "Fox News Sunday," suggested there would be some sort of righteousness in his network taking that seat.

"They absolutely should get it," Wallace said on the June 10 broadcast of the Fox Business Network's "Imus in the Morning." "This is kind of interesting because -- and I think it would be the final sort of back payment for Helen Thomas, if this were to happen because obviously she was very far to the left-wing and if her seat were to be taken by Fox News, that would just be kind of poetic justice."

If Chris keeps this up I might actually start listening to him again.

it would seem, by this quote, that Chris Wallace is saying that Fox sholuld be given the seat because Helen was so very far to the left wing, implying that Fox is very far to the right wing.... which is, I would imagine, an unintended tacit admission that Faux News is anything BUT "fair and balanced":lol:

Fox News? How about we give some real journalists that seat instead? :eusa_eh:

Chris Wallace is probably the only person in Washington, DC that has any brains - except for Miss Greta.

"This is kind of interesting because -- and I think it would be the final sort of back payment for Helen Thomas, if this were to happen because obviously she was very far to the left-wing and if her seat were to be taken by Fox News, that would just be kind of poetic justice."

But, I don't get it . . . . Fox News is Fair and Balanced - an even-handed distributor of legitimate news, right? So how would putting someone in there from a Fair and Balanced news network be "poetic justice" in the replacing of a "far left-wing" person person such as Helen Thomas?

I mean, if you were seeking "poetic justice" in the replacement of a "far left-wing" reporter such as Helen Thomas, wouldn't you want to put a reporter in there that was from an extremely right-wing news network? You wouldn't want a FAIR AND BALANCED reporter from the FAIR AND BALANCED Fox News Network in there, would you?

I just don't get it . . . . :eusa_think:

Last edited:
it would seem, by this quote, that Chris Wallace is saying that Fox sholuld be given the seat because Helen was so very far to the left wing, implying that Fox is very far to the right wing.... which is, I would imagine, an unintended tacit admission that Faux News is anything BUT "fair and balanced":lol:

I know, he seems to be developing a sense of humor.

To be fair, Major Garrett is a very good reporter, and has always been scrupulous about trying to be both fair, and balanced, unlike some other reporters in the WHCA.

I guess some of you just don't get the concept that someone can lean one way or the other and still present fair and balanced facts???

I guess some of you just don't get the concept that someone can lean one way or the other and still present fair and balanced facts???

I guess you don't just get the concept that you would have to be a complete moron or purposefully obtuse to see that Fox News couldn't be fair and balanced if their lives depended upon it. Same thing goes with MSNBC too, so don't start bitching about picking on the right.

I guess you don't just get the concept that you would have to be a complete moron or purposefully obtuse to see that Fox News couldn't be fair and balanced if their lives depended upon it. Same thing goes with MSNBC too, so don't start bitching about picking on the right.

You know what Bert, You're 19, I'm 39. I have a kid your age. I've fought in two wars. I actually am old enough to remember the boooosh years as opposed to just knowing what I have had spoon fed to me by history revisionists. I have a Masters Degree in History.

The VERY last thing I need , or want, is a child who is at that age where he is trying to prove his manhood explaining ANYTHING to me.

That being said, please point to me where I said ANYTHING about the right? Did I imply that only someone who was a conservative could be fair and balanced? No actually I said a person could lean EITHER way meaning both right and the other way , which would be left; but either you just can't read; or , and I find this more likely, you were simply out to score a few rep points from your leftie buddies by trying to point me out as some right wing goof who was defending the righties, but either way you were wrong.

The fact is if you read some of my posts you will say that I am actually somewhat liberal in a lot of areas.

So, in conclusion. don't let your little mod title go to your head and lead you to believe that you can even approach either my education or my life experience when it comes to a debate on ANYTHING.

Oh, and one more thing, you really should watch what you say about conservatives, because in ten years when you've grown up a little you will be one yourself.

Good evening

You know what Bert, You're 19, I'm 39. I have a kid your age. I've fought in two wars. I actually am old enough to remember the boooosh years as opposed to just knowing what I have had spoon fed to me by history revisionists. I have a Masters Degree in History.

The VERY last thing I need , or want, is a child who is at that age where he is trying to prove his manhood explaining ANYTHING to me.

That being said, please point to me where I said ANYTHING about the right? Did I imply that only someone who was a conservative could be fair and balanced? No actually I said a person could lean EITHER way meaning both right and the other way , which would be left; but either you just can't read; or , and I find this more likely, you were simply out to score a few rep points from your leftie buddies by trying to point me out as some right wing goof who was defending the righties, but either way you were wrong.

The fact is if you read some of my posts you will say that I am actually somewhat liberal in a lot of areas.

So, in conclusion. don't let your little mod title go to your head and lead you to believe that you can even approach either my education or my life experience when it comes to a debate on ANYTHING.

Oh, and one more thing, you really should watch what you say about conservatives, because in ten years when you've grown up a little you will be one yourself.

Good evening

I know exactly where you were going with it Conhog. You can have five master degrees, doesn't stop you from being biased as hell.

Also, my being mod has nothing to do with my response post. So pop that ego of yours and come back down to earth. You want to try and say I can't win a debate simply because of my age? You are whacked.

Might want to reach into that deck of yours further. You're not the first to pull the age card and fail at it.

Only another left wing radical would believe it.

I think it'd be refreshing to have the least biased network get that chair. "Radical" (and this is very tongue in cheek to call him radical) right wing would be giving it to say Andrew Breitbart.

Good evening

I know exactly where you were going with it Conhog. You can have five master degrees, doesn't stop you from being biased as hell.

Also, my being mod has nothing to do with my response post. So pop that ego of yours and come back down to earth. You want to try and say I can't win a debate simply because of my age? You are whacked.

See, you can't read, let alone read my mind. Let's answer that in two steps.

1. You say you know right where I was headed ?? Read some of my posts junior. I have been VERY clear that in my opinion there are good honest people on the left and the right, I have been very clear that there are smart, and dumb, people on the left and the right; so why would you suddenly KNOW where I was heading when it is contrary to my posting history and not what I wrote anyway.

2. Where did I claim that you couldn't win a debate with me simply because of your age? The fact is I pointed out SEVERAL reasons why you would never win a debate with me, your age being but one of them. Let me reiterate.

a) I obviously have much more life experience to base an opinion on
b) My education level is obviously beyond yours, although I do encourage you to continue educating yourself , it's important
c) When I post something it is based on fact, not liberal feelings
d) I am just smarter than you - but don't take that as an insult, you're in a large group of people who I am smarter than.

1. You say you know right where I was headed ?? Read some of my posts junior. I have been VERY clear that in my opinion there are good honest people on the left and the right, I have been very clear that there are smart, and dumb, people on the left and the right; so why would you suddenly KNOW where I was heading when it is contrary to my posting history and not what I wrote anyway.

2. Where did I claim that you couldn't win a debate with me simply because of your age? The fact is I pointed out SEVERAL reasons why you would never win a debate with me, your age being but one of them. Let me reiterate.

b) My education level is obviously beyond yours, although I do encourage you to continue educating yourself , it's important
d) I am just smarter than you - but don't take that as an insult, you're in a large group of people who I am smarter than.

You certainly don't post that way for #1.

#2, you said and I quote

"So, in conclusion. don't let your little mod title go to your head and lead you to believe that you can even approach either my education or my life experience when it comes to a debate on ANYTHING."

You're practically saying that I lose every debate simply because you have more life experience than me and supposedly education.

Liberal feelings? So says the guy who can't prove every Muslim attack took place by Muslims, but feels in his heart he knows for sure that attacks by Christians aren't done by Christians.

By the way, I thank you for your service, however don't expect me to simply back down from any of your ignorant statements you've made on this board because of it.

Oh, and one other thing. I may of not been fully aware of everything during the Bush years, but I certainly know about it. Just like I may of not been around during the American Revolution, but I know plenty about that too thank you very much.

You certainly don't post that way for #1

If you don't know that I have posted several times how I feel about some people on the left, and some people on the right, that is on YOU and not ME, so the fact that you just ASSUMED I was only talking about one side even though I clearly wrote about BOTH sides indicates a failure to comprehend on YOUR part..
#2, you said and I quote

"So, in conclusion. don't let your little mod title go to your head and lead you to believe that you can even approach either my education or my life experience when it comes to a debate on ANYTHING."

You're practically saying that I lose every debate simply because you have more life experience than me and supposedly education.
No, read what you quoted, I simply said don't let your mod status let you think you have either the education or the life experience to win a debate with me. I did not even come CLOSE to saying "your age is why you can't debate me" The fact is there are plenty of 40 y/o people on this site who prove daily that they have neither the education nor the brains to win a debate against me. Likewise , there are plenty of people who can debate with me as well. maybe not win :lol: but at least offer a real debate, you're simply not one of them, yet.
Liberal feelings? So says the guy who can't prove every Muslim attack took place by Muslims, but feels in his heart he knows for sure that attacks by Christians aren't done by Christians.

What? That doesn't even make sense.............. But because of my superior intellect I can translate and tell what you were trying to say... too bad for you that you're being untrue for in the thread you are talking about I clearly said that a Muslim man CAN commit an act of terror for reasons other than his religion,same as a Christian - it's just not as likely to be the case.
By the way, I thank you for your service, however don't expect me to simply back down from any of your ignorant statements you've made on this board because of it.

You're welcome for my service; and I really don't want you to simply back down. The best way to learn to do something is to take on the best, and well, that's me.... The ONLY thing I was saying was don't be quoting one of my posts making stupid assumptions like I'm one of these half drunk, barely educated buffoons of whom we have plenty on this board and try to debate with me on the level they bring to the table, because it will get you NOWHERE
Oh, and one other thing. I may of not been fully aware of everything during the Bush years, but I certainly know about it. Just like I may of not been around during the American Revolution, but I know plenty about that too thank you very much.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you do, but reading about something, or watching the history channel, which I love btw, is no substitute for having lived through something.

I could for instance tell you all about going into battle, you could watch every war movie every filmed, but in real life, its another thing entirely. As solid as my grasp on history is, I couldn't even begin to discuss it with any real confidence with someone who was there.

Now, that was a shit load of quotes within quotes so let's see if I fucked it up and have to edit. :lol:

Last edited:
I'll go in order, # wise.

1.) I've seen enough of your posts (goodness knows you've made a thousand posts in a week) to get a good grasp of your character.

2.) Get this through your thick head now, my mod status has nothing to do with my posting. Not a single iota. How am I hiding behind my mod status? The fact you think there is winning and losing on the internet is hilarious by itself. And this speaks volumes of your character:

The fact is there are plenty of 40 y/o people on this site who prove daily that they have neither the education nor the brains to win a debate against me

I'd love to know who, because the only one who seems to be your match is Sangha. He's the Butthead to your Beevis.

3.) Superior intellect? Don't make me laugh. As for your comment about Muslims and Christians, you have no evidence put forth, except your opinion which is not credible to begin with.

4.) Just because you have lived something, doesn't mean others can't learn just as much about the event if not more.

Forum List

Back