Chris Rock Hosting Academy Awards,Nice Choice

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by krisy, Feb 15, 2005.

1. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Chris Rock is hosting the Academy Awards this year,but I really wonder if it will go over too well with recent "jokes" about abortion and white people. It is Hollywierd though,so maybe it well be o.k.!!!

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3cr1.htm

I usually don't watch these shows or just flip them on and off cause the hubby can't stand them!! :2guns:

2. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It's a comedy skit.. Chris Rock is funny as hell. I watch him every time he's on, but that doesn't mean I believe in abortion.. Sometimes you need to just let go, and laugh. I seriously doubt he's going to do irreparable damage to the TV station, the Awards ceremony, and/or humanity as we know it...

3. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I don't think he will do irreparable damage,but don't care for some of his jokes. Too me,some things aren't good too joke about. I know he's always been kind of harsh,and I do think he's funny sometimes. I still think him and The Academy Awards don't fit though,should be interesting.

4. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    I saw him on BET (Black Entertainment TV), he did a routine on why black kids are doing so poorly, he zoomed in on a lot of points that I agree with drugs, Mom on Dope, No Dad..... all the things conservatives have been saying all along.... it made me wonder if he was just a trash mouthed comedian or using humor to make political and social statements.

5. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

6. Trigg

Trigg Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    He's an odd match for the Awards.

I've watched some of his shows, he's funny, but it'd be better if he layed off some of the white jokes. Could anyone here see a white commedian get away with saying sarcastic shit about blacks.

7. CivilLiberty

CivilLiberty Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +50

I don't find him all that amusing, but the "host" of the AA usually says very little, except for the opening monologue anyway.

I don't watch the awards for the host anyway - just to see who I should be kissing up to this year!!!

heh

A

8. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    LOL, thanks for the parenthetical aside...all us corn-fed white boys thought BET was an outdated tape-viewing apparatus. :teeth:

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    Dont matter to me. Im starting to wonder when they are going to realize that most people dont really care if hollywood gives themselves awards.

10. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Why should he lay off something that's a standard part of his routine?

Personally, I think people would do well to get the sticks out of their asses. Its a friggen comedy routine - the funniest thing in the world is a joke at someone elses expense. If you say you don't tell them when the opportunity arises, I'd be willing to call you a liar.

If you're not comfortable enough with who you are that a few jokes offend you, may I recommend you reside in a bubble? You may find it more to your liking.