Chris Matthews Tells It Like It Is

In can think of a great many things Americans should be ashamed of in regards to the government letting the head of state of an ally address Congress is not one of them.

Naturally, you've missed the point. It wasn't that he addressed Congress. Many have before. It was that he was invited by the Speaker of the House instead of the President (and at a time when the person in question was running for office in his own country), and it was done specifically to wrestle control of foreign policy from a sitting President, and secondarily to help a foreign leader win an election. That is not only a case of a foreigner interfering with the governance of this country, but a case of a political party using their position in Congress to interfere with a national election in a foreign land.

So when Pelosi visited Assad against the wishes of the Bush administration you were equally outraged, yes?

Your analogy isn't even close to being relevant. Try again.

Except it is and you just proved my point that you're a dishonest and dishonorable partisan. Thanks for playing.

Except that it isn't. And not defending your position with a valid explanation, but merely accusing me of dishonesty also doesn't help your argument. Thanks for playing.

B_N4-3NWsAADMM1.jpg

GOP-Hypocrisy.jpg

Irrelevant. Next.

What occurred today was the classic dog and pony show, Netanyahu got to preach to the choir, contributing nothing while the Obama Administration continues with appropriate, necessary talks with Iran.

The idiocy of Netanyahu's position, of course, and those republicans who agree with him, is that efforts to isolate Iran will have no effect on Iran acquiring nuclear weapons; indeed, Netanyahu succeeded in only reinforcing Iran's perception of the West's hostility toward Iran, benefiting extremists in that government.

Nettie brought a graph Republicans could understand, and showed them why he needed 318$ million for nuclear research ...

NetanyahuBomb.jpg

the Republicans and their sheepeople loved it. They want a brilliant man like him to run their country ... they understand stupid.

Boehner caves on HS and writes Israel a check for 318$ million .. all in 1 day.

oh yeah...... they won ... remind me again.

Certainly republicans should be ashamed of what they tried to do.

Netanyahu is completely devoid of objectivity, his position is subjective, blind, and extreme.

Consequently his opinion regarding talks with Iran have no merit whatsoever.

Yeah ... and why one such as you would find the opinion of Israel's PM to be "blind and extreme" is obvious.

In can think of a great many things Americans should be ashamed of in regards to the government letting the head of state of an ally address Congress is not one of them.

Naturally, you've missed the point. It wasn't that he addressed Congress. Many have before. It was that he was invited by the Speaker of the House instead of the President (and at a time when the person in question was running for office in his own country), and it was done specifically to wrestle control of foreign policy from a sitting President, and secondarily to help a foreign leader win an election. That is not only a case of a foreigner interfering with the governance of this country, but a case of a political party using their position in Congress to interfere with a national election in a foreign land.

Israel has more at stake then anyone. Netanyahu was merely giving us their POV...and he made it clear that if they had to Israel was prepared to stand alone.

He was doing much more than giving us his POV. He was trying to unduly influence Congress against the express wishes of the President of the United States, and he did it to as much to win points at home during an election as he was trying to win allies in Congress. I suspect that if he wants to stand alone on this issue, he may well have to do just that now, because he has lost any credibility he may have had with this administration.

Which has now lost credibility with America's rational citizenry.

Every American should be ashamed of what the Republicans tried to do:

But if the president were a Republican and the Democrats did this you'd be praising them for it.

No I would not! Don't pretend that you know me.

I do know you. You people are so consistently morally corrupt that it doesn't even phase anyone anymore.

And so there we have it, yet another moderator who needs to moderate himself. Congratulations.

Israel has more at stake then anyone. Netanyahu was merely giving us their POV...and he made it clear that if they had to Israel was prepared to stand alone.

He was doing much more than giving us his POV. He was trying to unduly influence Congress against the express wishes of the President of the United States, and he did it to as much to win points at home during an election as he was trying to win allies in Congress. I suspect that if he wants to stand alone on this issue, he may well have to do just that now, because he has lost any credibility he may have had with this administration.

Which has now lost credibility with America's rational citizenry.

Suggesting that the right wing extremists in this country are rational (as opposed to rationalizing) would be hilarious were it not just so sad.

Forum List

Back