Chris Matthews Needs To Go

An ill-tempered lout to be sure:

In a statement emailed to The Hill on Friday afternoon, Matthews said, "I was talking to this 2 a.m. get-together of loud-talking people who had been heckling me from inside a restaurant and were now huddled together around a table. It was that get-together, right there in front of me; that was the 'convention' I was towel-snapping about. When The Hill called me and suggested I might have been referring to the Republican National Convention I couldn't believe it. That's wrong."

He added, "I was trying in my way to engage, as I often do, with critics, hoping to find some common ground. Sometimes it works out better than this."

Sal Bacarella, who was in town to attend the convention, told The Hill that when Matthews entered the restaurant, New York City Councilman Eric Ulrich, a GOP delegate, waved to him. But Matthews snubbed Ulrich, according to Bacarella.

Ulrich then attempted to acknowledge Matthews as the "Hardball" host exited the restaurant, a gesture that Matthews answered with a "dirty look," prompting loud boos from other delegates at the restaurant, Bacarella said.

One convention-goer yelled out "hey, a--hole," to Matthews, at which point the combative host walked back toward the hostile bunch.

The delegates said that they asked Matthews whether he had gotten a thrilling sensation from Mitt Romney's speech on Thursday night, and Matthews responded that he had not.

Following a 2008 speech by then-presidential candidate Barack Obama, Matthews said, "I felt this thrill going up my leg."

Blog: Chrissy Matthews can dish it out but he can't take it

In 2000 this guy was actually pretty normal. I used to watch him. Maybe something happened in his personal life that made him go insane. I dunno. It's very sad and bizarre. He's an embarrassment to his party and will pry be nominated to be vice president soon.

Seems to me he went over the edge when Obama entered the scene. He used to be watchable, but now he's just a slightly more intelligent version of Ed Schultz, just raw emotion 24/7. Weird.

I don't know.

I think he went over the edge when he became opposed to the Iraq War and MSNBC became the voice of Bush Derangement Syndrome.

Sometimes he's fun to watch, sometimes he's a little silly.

If you want liberal views that are a bit more intelligent and less showbiz, watch Current TV.

If you want convervative views that are a bit more intelligent and less showbiz...um... gee.. I think you're just out of luck.

I think Matthews is a sick man. There were days they couldn't get enough makeup on him to cover up his ashen grey face. He looks horrible, If he feels as horrible as he looks it would explain his churlish rudeness. not forgive it just explain it.

Maybe he's on drugs?

I think Matthews is a sick man. There were days they couldn't get enough makeup on him to cover up his ashen grey face. He looks horrible, If he feels as horrible as he looks it would explain his churlish rudeness. not forgive it just explain it.

Maybe he's on drugs?

He's a lib... All libs do is rant incoherently about everything and nothing real and not so real.

What a miserable lot.

I watch Mathews strictly for the comedy, I can't believe anyone would take his political views seriously though. He has long since blown his cover as an Obama/Clinton/lefty liberal shill.
Bb-b-b-b-but TM believes him. :lmao:

If you read any of her posts, you would see that she doesn't care for Chris.

You and Lumpy are way off though. Matthews is one of the best interviewers ever. He is so informed and knows everything wingnuts are about to say even before it comes out of their stupid mouths.

He's well known for embarrassing the shit out of your goofy Repub rising stars and Rush Limbauigh would never survive an interview with Matthews.

I watch Mathews strictly for the comedy, I can't believe anyone would take his political views seriously though. He has long since blown his cover as an Obama/Clinton/lefty liberal shill.

You and Lumpy are way off though. Matthews is one of the best interviewers ever. He is so informed and knows everything wingnuts are about to say even before it comes out of their stupid mouths.

He's well known for embarrassing the shit out of your goofy Repub rising stars and Rush Limbauigh would never survive an interview with Matthews.

I don't consider Chris rambling on and on with a litany of ridiculous charges and no real backup facts to support his delirium much of an interview. He's just load mouthed and ignorant really.

You bat crap crazies hate Chris because he's got your number. Chris rocks!!! Just suck it up!!! :D

Chris has a number alright......

Ratings from Aug 30th.....

Primetime P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC 6,642 1,637 2,985
CNN 1,658 581 738
MSNBC 1,573 467 642
CNBC 182 83 92
FBN 298 98 166
HLN 361 120 186

From what I recall Chris is less than 1000.....

Talk about sucking it !

Sine you didn't provide a link, you probably made it up. In any case, he's not going anywhere. He will be around for a long time to call out the lazy, non-productive, lying, right wing leadership.

For not liking MSNBC you right wingers sure seem to spend a lot of time watching it. And also seem very threatened. :lol:

I like Matthews, he is a good fit for PMSBC, he an his cohorts can play racist and embarrass himself as he gets tingles up his fat ass leg.

For not liking MSNBC you right wingers sure seem to spend a lot of time watching it. And also seem very threatened. :lol:

The pencil-neck in chief...........

barackx-large.jpg

Yes, and you show us exactly why Democrats vote for assholes.

Because assholes usually act like they would if given half a chance.

I always prefer Democrats who won't run from a fight. Mathews pushed back against these assholes instead of slinking out the door. Good for him.

His producer "pushed back"...

Chrissy Matthews stood there like the pussy he is...

No kidding, he went over to them and then ran.

Forum List

Back