Chris Matthews MoreConcerned Over US Nuclear Plans Over Devistating Japan Earthquake

Feb 13, 2011
Naples, Florida
:cuckoo:

Here we go again with Chrissy Tingles Matthews. Weeks ago he blamed the Arizona Tragedy over Sarah Palin's shooting of a Reindeer and her "Reloading" campaign. Today as I flipped back and forth between FOX and HARDBALL, (comparing coverage) Once again, here is Chrissy Matthews now so very concerned about building Nuclear Plants in the USA. Not much concern over the worst earthquake we have ever witnessed in our lifetime(damage-wise) and Chris Matthews brings up whether we should pursue plans to build nuclear plants here. This is like Keith Blobberman and Rachael Maddcow campaigning against Oil Drilling In Alaska if an 8.0 quake struck Texas or Canada. Hey Chrissy Matthews ! The New York Insane Asylum is missing a bigot !!:eek:

Did you bother to read about the Nuclear Power Plant situation currently going on in Japan? I don't watch Chris Matthews but I figure that's why he has the show he does today.

• Banned
Did you bother to read about the Nuclear Power Plant situation currently going on in Japan?

Of Course! he was using it as an example what would happen if we built a plant anywhere near a fault. Does anyone really think we will put a nuclear power plant within a 1000 miles of a fault? We have the technology to build them much safer and earthquake resistant,,,,but what I was getting at is the fact that Matthews brought it up so quickly,,,,why didn't he focus tonights episode on the earthquake's devastation instead of bringing politics into it?:eek:

He's more concerned with our own issues than with the issues of another country. Why is that so wrong?

Did you bother to read about the Nuclear Power Plant situation currently going on in Japan?

Of Course! he was using it as an example what would happen if we built a plant anywhere near a fault. Does anyone really think we will put a nuclear power plant within a 1000 miles of a fault? We have the technology to build them much safer and earthquake resistant,,,,but what I was getting at is the fact that Matthews brought it up so quickly,,,,why didn't he focus tonights episode on the earthquake's devastation instead of bringing politics into it?:eek:
Actually, we already have put a plant near several fault lines. It's called The San Onefre Nuclear Plant here in Southern California.

Chris Mathews is most definitely a liberal progressive douchbag. Go to Media Reasearch Center site and there's plenty of examples to prove it.

But I don't see a problem raising this issue. I've seen it brought up on FOX news today also.

Last edited:
I have two friends who work at the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant....you better believe they are all working overtime studying what is happening in Japan right now.
That's good news.

This area at some point in time will get hit in the same range as the recent quake in Japan. It's inevitable.........Could happen in the near future, could happen hundreds of years from now.....But, it will happen.

Anybody who has lived through quakes in the 6-7 range as many in so, Cal have, including me, fully understand what an 8.9 and higher would be like.........Sheer terror on steroids.

I'm all for Nuclear power. But, it needs to be seriously examined just where they are to be placed.......And now is the time to seriously begin that debate.

Besides, My mother lives in San Juan Cap, my sister and her family in San Clemente. Spitting distance in essence to that plant. It is a worry.

Last edited:
I wonder how many Californian's are contemplating leaving the State ASAP !!!! I would never want to live anywhere near LA. It can be one of the most beautiful places on earth,,but I wouldn't wanna be there after an 8.9 comes along! Then I become a lemmywink in search of a cave and food.

I wonder how many Californian's are contemplating leaving the State ASAP !!!! I would never want to live anywhere near LA. It can be one of the most beautiful places on earth,,but I wouldn't wanna be there after an 8.9 comes along! Then I become a lemmywink in search of a cave and food.
It doesn't matter where ya' live, natural and man made disasters are what they are.

The plant at Onofre is built to withstand a 7.0 within a 5mile radius of epicenter. It's gone through a couple in the 6-7 range without problem.

My concern is an above 7 thrust quake. Those quakes are brutal, as Japan has seen a few times, including yesterday. Rolling quakes aren't that bad compared to a thrust. When a plate is thrust, it's bad news. San Fernando, Northridge, and the Whittier Narrows quakes were thrust quakes. We got the shit beat out of us....You don't feel an initial lil' roll before the rolling starts.......It's like SLAM!, and then the violence begins.

They seriously need to start considering the ramifications, too include an offshore thrust that would cause double jeopardy with a Sunami sweeping through after a possible cooling leak, or god forbid a partial to full meltdown.

Last edited:
:cuckoo:

Here we go again with Chrissy Tingles Matthews. Weeks ago he blamed the Arizona Tragedy over Sarah Palin's shooting of a Reindeer and her "Reloading" campaign. Today as I flipped back and forth between FOX and HARDBALL, (comparing coverage) Once again, here is Chrissy Matthews now so very concerned about building Nuclear Plants in the USA. Not much concern over the worst earthquake we have ever witnessed in our lifetime(damage-wise) and Chris Matthews brings up whether we should pursue plans to build nuclear plants here. This is like Keith Blobberman and Rachael Maddcow campaigning against Oil Drilling In Alaska if an 8.0 quake struck Texas or Canada. Hey Chrissy Matthews ! The New York Insane Asylum is missing a bigot !!:eek:

So you caught pieces of both shows and feel qualified to report on a show you admit you didn't completely watch? And for your next trick ...

Dumb ass. We have put nuclear plants next to active faults.

Nuclear power and earthquake zones overlap in the U.S. | MNN - Mother Nature Network

You gotta understand the high profile left wing media cabal. Their first priority is to turn every story into a political issue and their second priority is to try to spin it to the advantage of democrat administrations. Matthews is a hard core democrat who used to be an intern for a democrat senator. How can he be unbiased? George Stepanopolis was a top Clinton advisor. He pretends to be a n unbiased news anchor today. Anyone believe it?

Chris Mathews is an unhinged, misogynistic whack job.

He'll be having a Mel Gibson moment any day now.

Can you imagine if LA or San Diego were to have an earthquake in August of this year with Obama about 2/3 days into his "Annual 20 Day Martha's Vinyard Vacation"?,,,do you think that Obama would cut his vacation short to deal with the crisis? or just pass the Burden to Biden and Hillary?. I am pretty sure if Utah were struck with an earthquake while he was in Hawaii or Cape Cod, Obama would just continue with his 2 or 3 week vacation. :eusa_eh:

Chris Mathews..my favorite condescending racist...

Chris Mathews on Obama....

'I forgot he was black tonight for an hour'

It doesn't matter where ya' live, natural and man made disasters are what they are.

This is very true considering how many Floridians fled the state in 2005. They actually thought that 3-5 hurricanes a season was going to be the norm from that point on. Where were they going to go? Unless they don't mind going back to 6 months of cold,snowstorms,floods and possible tornadoes. No State Is Safe. Some states have it much better than others regarding the frequency of severe weather. Overall,Florida is still one of the safer places to live(so long as you don't have a home built of wood or toothpicks). Even Red Riding Hood&The Big Bad Wolf moved to North Carolina in October of 2005.:razz:

New Topics

Forum List

Back