Chris Matthews MoreConcerned Over US Nuclear Plans Over Devistating Japan Earthquake

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EdSchultzIsFat, Mar 11, 2011.

1. EdSchultzIsFat

EdSchultzIsFat BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45
    :cuckoo:

Here we go again with Chrissy Tingles Matthews. Weeks ago he blamed the Arizona Tragedy over Sarah Palin's shooting of a Reindeer and her "Reloading" campaign. Today as I flipped back and forth between FOX and HARDBALL, (comparing coverage) Once again, here is Chrissy Matthews now so very concerned about building Nuclear Plants in the USA. Not much concern over the worst earthquake we have ever witnessed in our lifetime(damage-wise) and Chris Matthews brings up whether we should pursue plans to build nuclear plants here. This is like Keith Blobberman and Rachael Maddcow campaigning against Oil Drilling In Alaska if an 8.0 quake struck Texas or Canada. Hey Chrissy Matthews ! The New York Insane Asylum is missing a bigot !!:eek:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Did you bother to read about the Nuclear Power Plant situation currently going on in Japan? I don't watch Chris Matthews but I figure that's why he has the show he does today.

3. EdSchultzIsFat

EdSchultzIsFat BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Lets see how long it will be before the Libs start creating theories why Global Warming caused this earthqauke.

4. EdSchultzIsFat

EdSchultzIsFat BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Of Course! he was using it as an example what would happen if we built a plant anywhere near a fault. Does anyone really think we will put a nuclear power plant within a 1000 miles of a fault? We have the technology to build them much safer and earthquake resistant,,,,but what I was getting at is the fact that Matthews brought it up so quickly,,,,why didn't he focus tonights episode on the earthquake's devastation instead of bringing politics into it?:eek:

5. gekaap

gekaap BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +135
    He's more concerned with our own issues than with the issues of another country. Why is that so wrong?

6. Wicked Jester

Wicked Jester Libsmackin'chef

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,859
    Actually, we already have put a plant near several fault lines. It's called The San Onefre Nuclear Plant here in Southern California.

Chris Mathews is most definitely a liberal progressive douchbag. Go to Media Reasearch Center site and there's plenty of examples to prove it.

But I don't see a problem raising this issue. I've seen it brought up on FOX news today also.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  7. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,666
    I have two friends who work at the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant....you better believe they are all working overtime studying what is happening in Japan right now.

8. Mini 14

Mini 14 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +570
    Second Japanese reactor now "in trouble."

9. Wicked Jester

Wicked Jester Libsmackin'chef

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,859
    That's good news.

This area at some point in time will get hit in the same range as the recent quake in Japan. It's inevitable.........Could happen in the near future, could happen hundreds of years from now.....But, it will happen.

Anybody who has lived through quakes in the 6-7 range as many in so, Cal have, including me, fully understand what an 8.9 and higher would be like.........Sheer terror on steroids.

I'm all for Nuclear power. But, it needs to be seriously examined just where they are to be placed.......And now is the time to seriously begin that debate.

Besides, My mother lives in San Juan Cap, my sister and her family in San Clemente. Spitting distance in essence to that plant. It is a worry.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  10. EdSchultzIsFat

EdSchultzIsFat BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I wonder how many Californian's are contemplating leaving the State ASAP !!!! I would never want to live anywhere near LA. It can be one of the most beautiful places on earth,,but I wouldn't wanna be there after an 8.9 comes along! Then I become a lemmywink in search of a cave and food.