Chris Matthews is a Birther!

Obama doesnt want it put to rest
look at how he can marginalize anyone that opposes his policies just by calling them a birfer
he loves this stuff being on the forefront

No other reason for this.

It's a great way to demonise the incoming gop before they even sit in the big boy chairs.

He won't use this, it's already worn and tired. Repubs give the president more and better material everyday.

OK. then why the hell would the new gov of HI bring it up himself?

The only the the GOP brings up are thing the dnc hates. In other words; same shit new century.

actually, chris matthews makes fun of birther idiots all the time.

if i had to guess, he was talking about ways of shutting them up.

That was my first thought too.

But nothing would be enough to shut the birfers up. They'd cry "fake!" at any further document. Conspiracy theory and confimation bias go hand in hand.

Why do you guys always want to shut people up? Seems to be your first response to every instance of dissent... MUST SHUT THEM UP.

You're all soooooooooooooooooooo full-of-shit.

I was using "shutting up" as a figure of speech, meaning to bring an end to the argument. Like if someone posts a link to an article that flatly refudiates another person's claim, and then that person stops posting in the thread, someone goes "well that shut them up"... that's what I'm talking about. I'm not advocating censorship. Change your underwear.

No other reason for this.

It's a great way to demonise the incoming gop before they even sit in the big boy chairs.

He won't use this, it's already worn and tired. Repubs give the president more and better material everyday.

OK. then why the hell would the new gov of HI bring it up himself?

The only the the GOP brings up are thing the dnc hates. In other words; same shit new century.

I've already said he should have kept his piehole shut!

That was my first thought too.

But nothing would be enough to shut the birfers up. They'd cry "fake!" at any further document. Conspiracy theory and confimation bias go hand in hand.

Why do you guys always want to shut people up? Seems to be your first response to every instance of dissent... MUST SHUT THEM UP.

I was using "shutting up" as a figure of speech, meaning to bring an end to the argument. Like if someone posts a link to an article that flatly refudiates another person's claim, and then that person stops posting in the thread, someone goes "well that shut them up"... that's what I'm talking about. I'm not advocating censorship. Change your underwear.
LOL sorry, just got a laugh out of that one
a new word joins the lexicon, thanks Palin
LOL

LOL sorry, just got a laugh out of that one
a new word joins the lexicon, thanks Palin
LOL

Can't lie, I love that word. :D

Since he's the President, probably.

But they wouldn't for you or me. Nor should they for anyone but him.
You misunderstood what I was saying.

No, I understood what you said, I wasn't clear in my answer.

If you or I asked, the answer would be no. Obama is president of the USA, if he says Hey Hawaii, I want my LFBC, they would give it to him.

If you or I were from Hawaii, and we requested our own "long form birth certificate", they would politely tell us NO.

Well, there's only so much information included in a Birth Certificate.

Exactly. So, what's the big deal in releasing it?

Try your best to come up with a new conspiracy theory.

I don't have one, I just don't trust his ass as far as I can spit.

Why is it so hard to understand that Obama isn't going to ask Hawaii to break their own laws simply to placate a tiny, fanatical group of people that 1.) won't believe him anyway, even if each and every one of them got a copy of their own, and 2.) wouldn't support him anyway?
Why didn't you address the last part of my post?

Oh, sorry. Did I break some internet message board rulez?

Tiny, fanatical group? Matthews is bringing it up this time; Dobbs previously, among many others at some point and now the governor of Hawaii. I don't think it's a tiny group who question why he is reluctant to put the whole issue to rest once and for all.

If there is nothing to hide why not just get the long form, release and be done with it? Yes, there will always be a small fringe who will believe nothing but if he releases the long form it will silence the vast majority. Oh and while he's at it, maybe he could dig up his college transcripts and release them too.

Last edited:

If you or I asked, the answer would be no. Obama is president of the USA, if he says Hey Hawaii, I want my LFBC, they would give it to him.

If you or I were from Hawaii, and we requested our own "long form birth certificate", they would politely tell us NO.

Tiny, fanatical group? Matthews is bringing it up this time; Dobbs previously, among many others at some point and now the governor of Hawaii. I don't think it's a tiny group who question why he is reluctant to put the whole issue to rest once and for all.

If there is nothing to hide why not just get the long form, release and be done with it? Yes, there will always be a small fringe who will believe nothing but if he releases the long form it will silence the vast majority. Oh and while he's at it, maybe he could dig up his college transcripts and release them too.

Here's the thing. You claim that he should release his "long form" birth certificate, and that if he did, it would placate the "vast majority" of the birthers. Why then aren't the birthers satisfied already? He's already provided legal proof of his citizenship and eligibility to be President. Why isn't that enough?

Here's the thing. You claim that he should release his "long form" birth certificate, and that if he did, it would placate the "vast majority" of the birthers. Why then aren't the birthers satisfied already? He's already provided legal proof of his citizenship and eligibility to be President. Why isn't that enough?

Didn't they raise a huge stink over McCain? From FactCheck:

"If McCain wins the presidency, the constitutionality of these congressional statutes could be challenged in the courts. Members of Congress have expressed this fear and proposed a more explicit law, or even a Constitutional amendment."

So, the constitutionality of the statutes could have been challenged in the courts if McCain had won . . . but Barry gets a pass in releasing his LFBC, which would put an end to the controversy for most. :doubt:

Why aren't they satisfied now? Because there's more info on the LFBC. If it's no biggie then why not just release it and be done with it?

Like I said before I don't trust him and I question his not releasing it. Oh, and why has he gotten a pass on not releasing his college transcripts too?

You know that it's against the law to release someone's long form birth certificate? It's called an "invasion of privacy", right?

And looking at it from Obama's perspective. Why should he have to "prove" something the right wing never, in the history of the US, asked a "white" president to "prove"?

Is it because the Republican Party is 90% white?

Besides, we all know it wouldn't make a bit of difference. They will never accept a "black" guy in the "WHITE" House. It just ain't gonna happen.

Do you know that privacy laws do not apply to the person involved? I have the right to publish anything about myself anywhere I want, which is why that Lifelock guy never got into trouble for telling everyone his SSN. That means that Obama can, if he wants, publish his long form anytime he wants.

Did you also know that the Constitution requires a presidential candidate to be a natural born citizen? That the courts have actual held laws requiring people to prove their citizenship when running for office to be constitutional? That the states can require that proof to meet whatever standards they deem acceptable, and that they do not have to take the word of either the DNC or the RNC? I am not sure why a simple declaration of citizenship signed by some flunky works as proof anyway, it wouldn't in any other place I can think of, including a court of law.

Democrats are more likely to believe Jesus will return by 2050 than Republicans.

actually, chris matthews makes fun of birther idiots all the time.

if i had to guess, he was talking about ways of shutting them up.

Perhaps he's protesting to much. hmm? Think about. How many ubber anti-gay guys have been caught?

Perhaps he's been a closet birther all this time and this was his "coming out" moment.

Or maybe that dumbass wandered off script and winging aint his fortay (-1sp)

or maybe he isn't. how many birthers do you know who say "I think he was born in Hawaii"?

Glenn Beck?

Probably somewhere in a records vault somewhere, sure.

But the State does NOT release those records. It is State policy to only release the COLB, which, for all legal purposes is PROOF OF BIRTH and of CITIZENSHIP.

But the LFBC is somewhere and that form contains more information than what is on the COLB and of course they would release the long form if Obama requested it.
Since he's the President, probably.

But they wouldn't for you or me.

To me it just seems like he's trying to hide something, and not necessarily where he was born.
Like what?

Why is it so hard to understand that Obama isn't going to ask Hawaii to break their own laws simply to placate a tiny, fanatical group of people that 1.) won't believe him anyway, even if each and every one of them got a copy of their own, and 2.) wouldn't support him anyway?

It would not break a law, which tells me that if you were born in Hawaii and wanted a long form birth certificate you could get yours. Obama would probably have an easier time getting his than the average citizen, but I am pretty sure anyone could get theirs.

You know that it's against the law to release someone's long form birth certificate? It's called an "invasion of privacy", right?

And looking at it from Obama's perspective. Why should he have to "prove" something the right wing never, in the history of the US, asked a "white" president to "prove"?

Besides, we all know it wouldn't make a bit of difference. They will never accept a "black" guy in the "WHITE" House. It just ain't gonna happen.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

rdean for president!!!

TRhats your only defense?

"Besides, we all know it wouldn't make a bit of difference. They will never accept a "black" guy in the "WHITE" House. It just ain't gonna happen"

I bet the numbers would over whelm you as to who would accept the documents. If obama would just produce them

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

rdean for president!!!

You know what the R stands for don't you?
Republican dean:lol:

rdean for president!!!
rdean is a racist

rdean for president!!!
rdean is a racist

true

We live in strange times.

Chris Matthews has outed himself as a birther.

On Monday night's edition of "Hardball," host Chris Matthews talked about putting the birth certificate controversy surrounding President Obama to rest.

"Why has the president himself not demanded they put out the original documents?" Matthews wonders.

"If it exists, why not put it out?" Chris Matthews asks.

I don't think that necessarily makes him a birther; I think he is just asking a legitimate question and one I've had myself. Having the certificate sealed is suspicious, but I don't believe he was born in Kenya. Maybe there is something else on it he doesn't want people to see. Who knows.

Uummm.............I think that makes YOU a Birther. "Birthers" are just Americans asking a legitimate question. Something is on that certificate that he is hiding. He is spending Million$$$ to keep Everything he has ever done a secret. He has not shown the American people that he is an American so no wonder why all of the questions.
So much for transparency................

You really are a moron. There was a great deal in the news about John McCain's eligibility just two years ago.

In the most detailed examination yet of Senator John McCain’s eligibility to be president, a law professor at the University of Arizona has concluded that neither Mr. McCain’s birth in 1936 in the Panama Canal Zone nor the fact that his parents were American citizens is enough to satisfy the constitutional requirement that the president must be a “natural-born citizen.”

The analysis, by Prof. Gabriel J. Chin, focused on a 1937 law that has been largely overlooked in the debate over Mr. McCain’s eligibility to be president. The law conferred citizenship on children of American parents born in the Canal Zone after 1904, and it made John McCain a citizen just before his first birthday. But the law came too late, Professor Chin argued, to make Mr. McCain a natural-born citizen...

A Citizen, but ‘Natural Born’? McCain’s Eligibility to Be President Is Disputed by Professor - NYTimes.com
Yet, It still did not stop you from voting for hiim. Amazing...

Forum List

Back