Chris Hahn owning Stuart Varney on Foodstamps

I can agree with all of that.
We are too much of a lazy spoiled society though. We will need to go thru some hard times before we can be "rehabilitated".

I think it would be wise for as many people as they can to humble thmeselves before we are humbled by events.

Whether by choice, or by force, we need to stop being so proud. Or we will be destroyed.

why I have said for at least a decade that we would have to suffer a while to re-learn the priorities of life.

Bullshit.

March the anti-growth regime off into the sunset.

I am speaking of the people not the corporations.
Gas going to $4/gal makes for growth, makes productivity figures jump up, etc but hurts the people buying it.

Really? What is the "right price" for gas? What is the "right price" for housing?

Who the hell thinks they game energy prices without disrupting something else?

You suckin down a bunch of Red Bull or something?

We are too much of a lazy spoiled society though. We will need to go thru some hard times before we can be "rehabilitated".

I think it would be wise for as many people as they can to humble thmeselves before we are humbled by events.

Whether by choice, or by force, we need to stop being so proud. Or we will be destroyed.

why I have said for at least a decade that we would have to suffer a while to re-learn the priorities of life.

Bullshit. Government doesn't dictate priorities for free people.

That's the way it works in Venezuela.

You totally missed the concept.
Think on it for a few years.

You totally missed the concept.
Think on it for a few years.

The people in charge who think I should have a lower standard of living will be long gone by then.

I love hording my money and sticking it in the face of drop-out liberals.

I also love to hear lessons on finance and economics from puking democrats who never had two nickles to rub together.

~Mark

I also love to hear lessons on finance and economics from puking democrats who never had two nickles to rub together.

~Mark

And you wonder why they aren't converted to your way of thinking?

This pride, on both sides of the aisle, is exactly what is preparing this country to fall.

So Democrats think that record numbers of people living in poverty and on food stamps is a sign of success of Obamanomics.

That explains a lot

~Mark

This pride, on both sides of the aisle, is exactly what is preparing this country to fall.

Only the True Believers won't convert. They're the minority and always will be. Everyone else is already swinging our way.

I want those bastards crushed. The country will fail unless they are.

Then, why not put everyone on food stamps, if the economic efficacy is superior?

That would require a large amount of people being at extreme poverty, food stamps are only available to the very, very poor who have absolutely no income or very, very little of it and the goal of no politician is to make anyone extremely poor. On the flip side, please explain why the government gets more of a return with foodstamps than with tax cuts for the wealthy, is it because one is using the money for its intended purpose while the other is not and just hoarding cash?

How is eliminating the need to work a productive policy?

I don't think foodstamps eliminates the need for people to work and or causes people to be lazy, most of those that I know who receive foodstamps are embarrassed by it and would do anything to get off.

Then, why not put everyone on food stamps, if the economic efficacy is superior?

That would require a large amount of people being at extreme poverty, food stamps are only available to the very, very poor who have absolutely no income or very, very little of it and the goal of no politician is to make anyone extremely poor. On the flip side, please explain why the government gets more of a return with foodstamps than with tax cuts for the wealthy, is it because one is using the money for its intended purpose while the other is not and just hoarding cash?

On the flip side, tell me what this government intends to do to reverse the 8 million people who have been added to the foodstamp rolls since June, 2009?

~Mark

Only the True Believers won't convert. They're the minority and always will be. Everyone else is already swinging our way.

I want those bastards crushed. The country will fail unless they are.

Pride is a dangerous vice. Nothing lasting can be built with arrogance. Only humility and Truth can build a future of peace.

On the flip side, tell me what this government intends to do to reverse the 8 million people who have been added to the foodstamp rolls since June, 2009?

We need job creation and more training programs for the poor, but on the flip side the tav cuts for the rich haven't provided that job creation.

We need job creation and more training programs for the poor, but on the flip side the tav cuts for the rich haven't provided that job creation.

When did Obama cut taxes on anyone?

Maybe people need to learn to stop waiting on others to create jobs and should start creating their own jobs.

good question, but I am unsure of your angle on this?

My angle is the same one I've always had. Rob people of the incentive and dignity of producing value through their own hard work and you destroy production in society.

If we want self government with our lives, we need to start by being productive with our work. And I am not just saying having a job. I mean we need to use our time to produce things of value. Garden. Build. Construct. Invent. Innovate. Write. Draw. Paint. Produce.

Foodstamps do nothing for that. We need to start serving one another through our labor. Not just subsisting in life.

Are you being obtuse, or just unable to make a point while making the case for your opponent?
You say here we "need to go through some hard times before..." - well if people get food stamps, free healthcare, housing, welfare, unemployment etc. etc....then they are not really "experiencing hard times" now are they?

Forum List

Back