Chris Christie Thinks Teachers Unions Deserve A Punch In The Face

The unemployment rate in Wisconsin was 4.6 percent in June 2015, holding constant from May. The rate was 0.7 percentage point below the national rate of 5.3 percent.
In June, private-sector employment in Wisconsin fell by 300 jobs. Over the past year, Wisconsin businesses have added 36,200 jobs. This compares with an increase of 34,700 jobs over the 12 months through June 2014.
Adjusting for inflation, state average hourly earnings have fallen by 0.2 percent over the past year. Nationally, real average hourly earnings have increased by 1.3 percent (not seasonally adjusted).
In June 2015, average hourly earnings of private-sector workers in Wisconsin were $23.09. The average workweek was 33.7 hours, and average weekly earnings were $778.13.
Unemployment
Earnings
Unemployment is down 0.8 percentage point from one year earlier and is 4.6 percentage points below its recent peak of 9.2 percent in January 2010. http://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/11e62712-04c9-4285-b9c5-180361351078/wisconsin.pdf Yeah theyre doing terrible LMMAAOOOO

The unemployment rate in Wisconsin was 4.6 percent in June 2015, holding constant from May. The rate was 0.7 percentage point below the national rate of 5.3 percent.
In June, private-sector employment in Wisconsin fell by 300 jobs. Over the past year, Wisconsin businesses have added 36,200 jobs. This compares with an increase of 34,700 jobs over the 12 months through June 2014.
Adjusting for inflation, state average hourly earnings have fallen by 0.2 percent over the past year. Nationally, real average hourly earnings have increased by 1.3 percent (not seasonally adjusted).
In June 2015, average hourly earnings of private-sector workers in Wisconsin were $23.09. The average workweek was 33.7 hours, and average weekly earnings were $778.13.
Unemployment
Earnings
Unemployment is down 0.8 percentage point from one year earlier and is 4.6 percentage points below its recent peak of 9.2 percent in January 2010. http://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/11e62712-04c9-4285-b9c5-180361351078/wisconsin.pdf Yeah theyre doing terrible LMMAAOOOO
The entire country has improved under Obama.

What you have to look at is how Wisconsin rates next to other states. Did I really have to explain that?

Wisconsin lags Midwest Job growth state rankings Wsj

"They are the single most destructive force in public education in America."

Presidential candidate Gov. Chris Christie (R-N.J.) lambasted teachers unions on Sunday.

"At the national level, who deserves a punch in the face?” CNN's Jake Tapper asked the New Jersey governor during an interview. The question was a callback, he said, to Christie's affinity for saying during his first term that "you can either sidle up to [bullies] or you can punch them in the face."

"The national teachers union, whose already endorsed Hillary Clinton, 16, 17 months before the election," Christie replied.

Christie was ostensibly referring to the American Federation of Teachers -- the second largest teachers union in the country -- which endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in July.

"They’re not for education for our children," he said. "They’re for greater membership, greater benefits, greater pay for their members. And they are the single most destructive force in public education in America."

Christie has had a hostile relationship with teachers unions since the start of his gubernatorial tenure. In January 2010, before he was sworn in, Christie said teachers unions "are back in the 19th century in terms of their thinking." He has publicly sparred with individual teachers on a number of occasions.

The New Jersey Education Association -- the state's largest teachers union -- did not take the governor's words lightly. On Sunday, the group called on Christie to resign.

"Chris Christie's instinct is always to threaten, bully and intimidate instead of build consensus and show true leadership," NJEA President Wendell Steinhauer said in a statement.

Randi Weingarten, president of the AFT, said in a statement that Christie's interview reflects a "sad day in the life of our nation to see a candidate threaten violence to gain political favor."

Chris Christie Said He Thinks Teachers Unions Deserve A Punch In The Face

It seems that Republicans won't be satisfied until they destroy all unions. Think of what unions have done for us.
Albert Shanker of the Federation of Teachers told his members the way it is regarding students. "
When school children start paying union dues, that 's when I'll start representing the interests of school children.
Albert Shanker

Read more at Albert Shanker Quotes- BrainyQuote

That's why the Teacher's Unions are not working for the betterment of Education. It's merely a focus of getting Union Dues to make them wealthy and the teachers sometimes get a decent raise.

Teacher Unions should be replaced by Professional Organizations that care about students and their school careers.

Too bad for him Walker has set the example instead of blather

I agree. The teachers in Wisc. kicked their union to the curb. Bout time. Others should do the same.

Teachers should be payed by merit. How good they are not by how long they have been a teacher. Just because you've been a teacher for ten years doesn't mean your any good. Right now those teachers unions protect the bad teachers as much as they do the good ones.

Merit based pay will get good teachers. If they can't cut it them they need to find another job just like everyone else.

Too bad for him Walker has set the example instead of blather

I agree. The teachers in Wisc. kicked their union to the curb. Bout time. Others should do the same.

Teachers should be payed by merit. How good they are not by how long they have been a teacher. Just because you've been a teacher for ten years doesn't mean your any good. Right now those teachers unions protect the bad teachers as much as they do the good ones.

Merit based pay will get good teachers. If they can't cut it them they need to find another job just like everyone else.
Virtually every other employee undergoes either formal or informal performance evaluation. Why shouldnt teachers?

Are there still people who care about what the fat slob from New Jersey has to say? Last I saw he was getting booed in Iowa.

Are there still people who care about what the fat slob from New Jersey has to say? Last I saw he was getting booed in Iowa.
One guy cares
chris_christie_democratb.jpg

"They are the single most destructive force in public education in America."

Presidential candidate Gov. Chris Christie (R-N.J.) lambasted teachers unions on Sunday.

"At the national level, who deserves a punch in the face?” CNN's Jake Tapper asked the New Jersey governor during an interview. The question was a callback, he said, to Christie's affinity for saying during his first term that "you can either sidle up to [bullies] or you can punch them in the face."

"The national teachers union, whose already endorsed Hillary Clinton, 16, 17 months before the election," Christie replied.

Christie was ostensibly referring to the American Federation of Teachers -- the second largest teachers union in the country -- which endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in July.

"They’re not for education for our children," he said. "They’re for greater membership, greater benefits, greater pay for their members. And they are the single most destructive force in public education in America."

Christie has had a hostile relationship with teachers unions since the start of his gubernatorial tenure. In January 2010, before he was sworn in, Christie said teachers unions "are back in the 19th century in terms of their thinking." He has publicly sparred with individual teachers on a number of occasions.

The New Jersey Education Association -- the state's largest teachers union -- did not take the governor's words lightly. On Sunday, the group called on Christie to resign.

"Chris Christie's instinct is always to threaten, bully and intimidate instead of build consensus and show true leadership," NJEA President Wendell Steinhauer said in a statement.

Randi Weingarten, president of the AFT, said in a statement that Christie's interview reflects a "sad day in the life of our nation to see a candidate threaten violence to gain political favor."

Chris Christie Said He Thinks Teachers Unions Deserve A Punch In The Face

It seems that Republicans won't be satisfied until they destroy all unions. Think of what unions have done for us.
Chris Christie barely made the top 10 last night. Turns out that bridge scandal really hurt him. So did paling around with Obama. Lol may have made him look like a uniter to moderates but not too crazy Republicans

Deflect much??
How is my comment a deflection? The OP and thread is specifically about something the fat slop said. My comment is spot on topic.

Sorry more of a personal attack.

Fat slob?? Really. One would think a man of your years would be less critical of what others look like. Be a man.

Think of what unions have done for us.

key words, "have done" back in the day, some 80 + years ago they were a boon for the working man, today they are the reason for an average American family automobile costing $25,000.00+, and thousands of other products we use daily to become over priced, not to mention future generations being dumbed down due to greedy teachers unions.

when i was a working stiff, i HAD to join three different unions just to be employed, when i got laid off did they take care of me with a living wage for that time period..., FUCK NO !!! they are nothing but commie like orgs. where the top brass shit heads roll in millions of $$$$$$$ at the working persons expense.

Deflect much??
How is my comment a deflection? The OP and thread is specifically about something the fat slop said. My comment is spot on topic.

Sorry more of a personal attack.

Fat slob?? Really. One would think a man of your years would be less critical of what others look like. Be a man.
It isn't about his looks. It is about his lack of emotional control. Seeing a guy like him who can not refrain from eating ice cream cones while walking down a boardwalk or devouring other fattening and unhealthy foods in public, in front of the media and with his obvious weight problem indicates a person who is controlled by his emotions. A statement about punching someone in the face is also an indication. What others see as a guy talking freely and to the point, I see as a guy who can not be diplomatic, rational or keep his emotions separate from his public life. When you see a guy that size devouring ice cream cones and slices of pizza you are seeing a weak man and in less polite terms, a fat slob. He does not have the strength to refrain from his weakness in public.

Teachers are mostly liberals and liberals are horrible people. The teacher's union is even worse and should be dissolved.

Why? Because they don't teach NaziCon lies and other crazy shit like Creationism?

No, for all liberal talk on inequality, teachers unions fight against vouchers for underprivileged kids to get out of crime ridden, broken down schools and into private schools......all so their union bosses can get more money.

Forum List

Back