Chris Christie Praises Obama For Hurricane Sandy Preparation

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) put aside his campaigning for Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney on Sunday to praise President Barack Obama for his responsiveness to the Garden State's needs in preparing for Hurricane Sandy.

During a briefing with emergency personnel, residents and press, Christie thanked Obama for holding a conference call with him and governors of other states expected to be impacted by the storm, the Star-Ledger reports.

“I appreciated the president’s outreach today in making sure that we know he’s watching this and is concerned about the health and welfare and safety of the people of the state of New Jersey,” he said.

More: Chris Christie Praises Obama For Hurricane Sandy Preparation

It's what people of integrity do, Lakota. Rise above the spin.

I am glad to see Christie using the Lessons Learned from Katrina. Let us hope the people along the coasts take this as seriously as he wants them to.

There is a certain mentality (and we saw it on the Gulf Coast with Katrina) that people poo poo storms and think they are personally invunerable.

This has nothing to do with Katrina. It has everything to do with human nature and preparedness.

I am glad to see Christie using the Lessons Learned from Katrina. Let us hope the people along the coasts take this as seriously as he wants them to.

There is a certain mentality (and we saw it on the Gulf Coast with Katrina) that people poo poo storms and think they are personally invunerable.

This has nothing to do with Katrina. It has everything to do with human nature and preparedness.

correct sir, this is christie saying i have NJ ready for whatever comes, storms are unpredictable and this storm is proof positive of that and Christie has this state ready, hes on top of it and hes showing hes not comparing situations, but hes taking care of his state and let others take care of theirs.

even the OP showing his hate because Christie was on the ball and ahead of hurricane sandy YEAH OBAMA thank you for saving jersey, Christie didnt do anything. YEAH!!!!!!!!

Christie was in a phot op filling a sand bag, now at least give him credit for that. But he was sandbagging a hot dog cart.

Christie in casual clothes always looks like a mobster.

"... he is asking Obama to issue a pre-landfall emergency declaration for New Jersey in order to expedite federal assistance for the state...."

Hasn't he read the Constitution?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Long ago, a storm was heading for the east coast. Everyone took protection within their homes except one man who remained outside. A man went to him and asked what he was doing. "I am not afraid," the man said. "I will not hide my face behind stone and mortar. I will stand before the wind and make it respect me." The man honored his choice and went back inside. The next day, the storm came, and the man was killed. The man replied, "The wind does not respect a fool".

Thank you, Mr. President, for continuing to protect Americans! Bush failed us on 9/11 and Katrina.

You tell the 16 dead and the dozens wounded at Ft Hood how well this poliically correct, muslim sensative president protected them. If you were not in the area during Katrina, I doubt you really know what went on, all you have is what the Bush hating media put out. I was on the ground there, most reports were not accurate. But go on flapping you ignorant gums, it's a free country.

My sister was down there. She took off of her job to volunteer after the storm....She said it was horrible.

Christie.jpg

When Katrina hit, Bush was in Phoenix celebrating John McCain's birthday.

When Sandy hit, Obama was in the situation room meeting with FEMA.

Thank God for President Obama.

When Katrina hit, Bush was in Phoenix celebrating John McCain's birthday.

When Sandy hit, Obama was in the situation room meeting with FEMA.

Thank God for President Obama.

yeah say's you..now off the knees already

Prior to Sandy, Christie was really bashing Obama. It's good to now see him singing a different tune - and a more honest tune.

The President did his job and let the system / protocol move forward unfettered.

Praise and thanks for lowering the bar.

Just showing up is leadership.

The pervasive everyone gets a trophy mentality.

How the hell does Christie's polite single sentence translate to "praise for preparation"? The first thing libs need to understand is that Huffington is not news. Huffington is opinion. Somehow they took Christie's words "I appreciate the president's outreach today making sure we know he is watching this and is concerned about the health and safety of the people of New Jersey" and twisted it into some sort of non-existent federal preparation plan. O'blame-a had no plan except maybe to squeeze in a game of golf over the weekend.

How the hell does Christie's polite single sentence translate to "praise for preparation"? The first thing libs need to understand is that Huffington is not news. Huffington is opinion. Somehow they took Christie's words "I appreciate the president's outreach today making sure we know he is watching this and is concerned about the health and safety of the people of New Jersey" and twisted it into some sort of non-existent federal preparation plan. O'blame-a had no plan except maybe to squeeze in a game of golf over the weekend.

they can't post here without being dishonest..they are desperate to make Obama out to be something he is not and that is a shoe in for Re-election and that he is so LOVED..

Christie's not politicizing a natural disaster. Kudos to him. He's a rare breed.

Forum List

Back